WHX??

A Big Red Snapper!

WHX??

Nice ...has the three point :greetings-clappingyellow:... looks like a D sitting just ahead of it with an FEL??

• Like 4

PeacemakerJack

That Massey sure is set up nice isn’t it Jim? Has the Cat 0 and the mower deck, wheel weights, and is that a cup holder I see on the left fender for Jim’s favorite beverage? :ROTF:  That landscape rake would be worth the price of admission alone! Those are pretty rare...

Jeff—do you have a dollar amount on that setup—just out of curiosity? Also, did you take any Better pics of that D—like with it loaded on your truck?:whistle:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WVHillbilly520H don't let BRF see the D he will be all over you as to its whereabouts. :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

Big_Red_Fred
57 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

@WHX14, and @Big_Red_Fred, look see what I saw today, see if you tell me a few extra things you see in the pics, Jeff.

IMAG4086.jpg

IMAG4087.jpg

IMAG4088.jpg

Yes , Dont rub it in Jeff LOL, i'm Tryn hahaha, when i get it, you & me going south to Elcamino/Wheel horses place so he can take a ride, Tho the big red snapper did have my mind wandering hahahaha, my Gal is a Red Head, Roxane, you will meet her at Big Show hahaha, oh my

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

WVHillbilly520H
4 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@WVHillbilly520H don't let BRF see the D he will be all over you as to its whereabouts. :ROTF:

Already let him know about it a few months back...

18 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

That Massey sure is set up nice isn’t it Jim? Has the Cat 0 and the mower deck, wheel weights, and is that a cup holder I see on the left fender for Jim’s favorite beverage? :ROTF:  That landscape rake would be worth the price of admission alone! Those are pretty rare...

Jeff—do you have a dollar amount on that setup—just out of curiosity? Also, did you take any Better pics of that D—like with it loaded on your truck?:whistle:

Didn't go in and ask on the MF... good eyes on the adjustable beverage holder.. but yes better pics and not only what you see but FULL package there's a mower deck, snow plow and blower including an utility trailer to boot...

29 minutes ago, WHX14 said:

Nice ...has the three point :greetings-clappingyellow:... looks like a D sitting just ahead of it with an FEL??

You and Josh hit most but those wheel weights are the mystical (and pricey $250 on eBay if you find them) 2 piece MF like I "stole" last spring for $50 hiding under my custom wheel covers on the '95, blue paint must be cheaper :laughing-rolling:...

IMAG3088.jpg

IMAG3247.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Big_Red_Fred

Check this Snapper out, it has it all in Chillicothe Ohio i think, maybe wrong again5a7798a1a8bb7_01010_2CcQKbyTkYt_600x450snapper.jpg.f2d2ddc27754efc77a10f2dd0faf8ce3.jpg

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

Check this Snapper out, it has it all in Chillicothe Ohio i think, maybe wrong again5a7798a1a8bb7_01010_2CcQKbyTkYt_600x450snapper.jpg.f2d2ddc27754efc77a10f2dd0faf8ce3.jpg

Now your draggin' hoes in to this :ROTF:...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:    :dunno: Everything, except a...

5a77af072bed5_wheelhorsinaround333607635.jpg.8c16f25f14f0af40c107659d78d7c347.jpg

• Haha 4

Big_Red_Fred

That i did on Purpose to see my real buddies hahaha

• Like 2

WHX??

Found out the 20HP in it is a repo.. motor has a build date of March 1994 and the tractor is older than that. First letter of serial number is month 1st two digits are year of build..  They quit making them in 83 or 84.

• Like 5

elliot ness

One of my favorite tractors [non wheel horse that is] 1855 massey I owned this one 3 different times. Did a resto on it 3+ years ago.

S3700005.JPG

S3700004.JPG

S3700001.JPG

S3700002.JPG

• Like 4

WHX??

Wow that's a beast Elliot :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright: :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Burnerman
      By Burnerman
      I Cannot find anywhere online besides partstree and Jacks Small engine that Snapper sold this tractor. Also that they offered a plow blade. 
      anyone have any ideas??

• LengerichKA88
      By LengerichKA88
      Hey all!!

Its been quite some time since I’ve been able catch my breath, let alone get on here long enough to post anything. 

Ive been extremely busy at work since the holiday season. (Big Box Distribution Center). Especially with everything going on currently, we’ve been working overtime and pushing production like crazy to restock the stores we service. I have, in a matter of months, worked my self to a merit position that is essentially an assistant managers position. 

Personally, life has been just as hectic. My wife’s grandmother moved in with us a few weeks ago, right before the COVID 19 really hit here in the states. She’s the one that had a stroke, and there have been several other incidents that have left her unable to live alone. Today, her sister and roommate for 15 years, passed away, as she had been having health issues as well and was hospitalized herself. My grandmother had a heart attack several weeks ago that led to the discovery of four major blockages, none less than 88%. She is (thank goodness) currently home and still “Fat and sassy”. But, things have been stressful to say the least. 

We found out Sunday that there was another employee in the warehouse that had tested positive. I called in last night to kinda weigh my options, as I now have two elderly, susceptible people, as well as two toddlers, in my house. A coworker texted me and told me that last night (I work 6p-6a) they were told two more had been quarantined. So, today I took a 30 day unpaid leave of absence! I’m not going to be responsible for killing my father in law or my grandmother in law. 

In an attempt to keep things light hearted and happy around here, I’m treating it as a vacation. Might as well right!? Haha. 

The man cub has expressed interest in working on the tractors, so this week sometime I think we might attempt to tackle the rewiring of the Charger that I abandoned in the fall. 

I also started another project with the neighbor using my grandpas old Snapper. We’re going to make it into a one man Mule/Dunebuggy mobile. 
      This is something that’s going to be long and slow, as the plan is to salvage and repurpose as much as possible. We’ve already stripped it down and gutted it for the most part, so now we HAVE to do something with it. 

For the next month or so, I should be around more. I’ve missed having the time to just sit and read and interact with you all, but I’m looking forward to hearing from you guys on my “vacation”. 
      Here’s some pics of where we’re at on the Snapper (NTBD) project.  

we’re going to extend it out the back a bit, simply for a bit of storage. The plan is to use 40mm ammo cans as fender tool boxes. Haven’t decided how to power it yet, but was thinking about going with a chain driven set up for simplicity. We’d like to keep the handle bars and throw a twist throttle on it. 
      Of course this could all change over the course of the build 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

@ebinmaine
      @pullstart

• LengerichKA88
      By LengerichKA88
      Model:281123BV
      Serial: 41076273

So, my FIL picked up a pretty good looking snapper for 30 bucks.... guy said it needed carb work. Turned out it needed a new recoil start too, no big deal. Well the carbs on, got the pull start on. Got a few (3, maybe 4) starts out of it. 

Starting with the second start, the shroud (which the recoil housing screws to) started pulling loose. This would mean that I had to loosen, replace, then tighten it each time. This is because the bolts that keep the shroud in place do so by having a washer type head on the bolt hold down little plastic tabs. Apparently these tabs wear down over time, who’d have thunk that metal running plastic would wear it down? 🤯

Go to start it today’s making sure everything’s nice and tight. Shroud pulls loose with a metallic clang.One of  the hole for the mount (that’s what I’m calling it) broke. This is part of the block, and the only way to secure the shroud.  There are two on each side of the engine. As o go to pull the shroud off, I see the pawls for the recoil start fall. My recoil start that got here Tuesday, has broken. 🤬

I take usable pieces off the old one (only problem was the spring) and replace. As I’m securing the shroud, again, the other mount on the same side breaks. They were part of the aluminum block. 

Why you would have the recoil starts only point of contact with the machine be a piece of plastic, is beyond me. Why you would design the shroud to attach in such a poor way, is beyond me. 

How to fix this and make it usable, without buying a new engine, is also beyond me. 

Has anyone had this happen, and how did you fix it if you did?