Sign in to follow this  
WHC-125

Removing tires

WHC-125

I have a set of 23x8.5x12 tires that are dry roted and I want to put 23x10.5x12 ags on them. What is the quickest and easiest way to remove the tires off the rims. Also, will 23x10.5x12 fit on 23x8.5x12 rims? :thumbs:

73-18 automatic

Yes they will fit not really that much wider if you have a Tractor supply close by they have a great tire changer for around I think $75 it is really worth that hope this helps :thumbs:

sorekiwi

Quickest and easiest is to find a tire shop to do it for you... :thumbs:

If you think you are gonna want to mount your own tires in the future, you could build these:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=4328

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=5701

Theres a few threads on here that deal with mounting / dismounting tires....

Dafixer

A sawzall works good too! Cut those babies right off :thumbs:

• Like 1

Bill

Chris, Downtown across the Street from the highschool, that tire shop charged me 10 bucks to mount a set of 23x10.50x12's didn't think that was a bad deal..

Rollerman

I used to know this guy in MI that had the blackest smoke when he had a bon fire at night. :whistle:

I bought one of the HF portable tire changers...works good for dismounting & remounting the GT tires. :whistle:

if you have a Tractor supply close by they have a great tire changer for around I think $75

:thumbs: I'm under the impression some of you members have "better TSC's"

I've never seen a tire changer or much of a tool seletion at the local store nearest me in Goshen,IN?

Must be the floor size is to small to show it all?

Or differant owner differant stuff?

WHC-125

Chris, Downtown across the Street from the highschool, that tire shop charged me 10 bucks to mount a set of 23x10.50x12's didn't think that was a bad deal..

Bill, where abouts are you talking about because if its as close as you are thats great because I want to get tires like the ones on the C-175 :thumbs: