Cool to see that old Cherry Bomb again.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Cool to see that old Cherry Bomb again.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Tell me about it!  This thing has been couped up way too long.  I've got a list of things to do, along with others I'm sure I'll find along the way.

Re-route and clamp down throttle/choke cables

Re-route fuel line, see if I can shorten up the fuel bowl to create a better gravity for the fuel pump to prime

Fix the hood, create a mount for the front

Finish the exhaust support

Find a shorter air filter... another part of the reason for the hood cracking, I'm sure

Maybe split the trans, get some new axle bearings and seals... it tends to run dry after a while

Get a new gasket for the fuel cap

And if I'm really ambitious...

Paint something?  Engine/tins, exhaust, wheels, frame?  Maybe just the hood and the engine for now... I'm not sure.  I like the fenders the way they are, but it'll take a bit to get the hood to match that patina.

• Like 1

If anyone has any pictures in detail of how the front of the hood mounts to the frame, I'd surely appreciate it!  I did something up this weekend, but would like to see if it's correct-enough!  

Thanks in advance...

I'm not sure if this is enough detail, but it should give you a good look.  There is a nut on the back side of the hood and it should have one of those knurled thumb screws in there (the long one).  :)

2008_07261962-5020002.JPG

2008_07261962-5020003.JPG

2008_0126whtractorsjan090002.JPG

• Thanks 1

Ok, that's kind of what I did, except I don't have any knurled thumb screws right now!  So it'll either be a 1/4-20 bolt, or a wing-nut welded to a bolt for a bit.

Thanks, @stevasaurus!

• Like 1