henryhpsd

316-8 acting strange..

henryhpsd

Hi guys,

while restoring my 520H i needed to bring the "old paper and paper boxes" to the street for collection.

What better way to do that than with the 316-8 .....while driving i thought i heard the engine didnt sound that well.

It was almost like the "choke" was still on. At a certain point....the engine... it just stopped.

Now i noticed the voltage meter was "jumping" up and down. (like a loose connection)

While seeing that i figured...hm..maybe the engine didnt run that well and i was right....and some "sparkes" were missed due to an electrical issue.

Plan is to just run down everything for loose connections, but maybe u guys say ....owh thats a well known problem.... its the .....(ur answer)

In that case, please do say so, thanks you in advance..

I needed it up and running before my wife tells me : why do u buy another one...make sure u have one that runs in first place :ROTF:

• Haha 1

C-101plowerpower
7 minutes ago, henryhpsd said:

why do u buy another one...make sure u have one that runs in first place :ROTF:

hmm, that sounds waaaay to familiar:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Racinbob

I can't just say go to this or that but you're on the right track by checking all the connections. I would suggest that, even if it seems tight, that you disconnect it and do some cleaning. Once you know all the connections are good see what happens. :)

• Like 1

henryhpsd

@Racinbob thanks for the confirmation !

@C-101plowerpower Thanks for the confirmation on the other part lol..., there was a c111 on Marktplaats yesterday 425 seemed in good condition had a kawasaki engine on it...didnt run but was all the way in Limburg, i just told the wife i had issues with my 316-8 when i saw the add...bad timing lol...

Just got back home...going to have a look at the 316 now.

Enjoy the Sunday !

• Like 1

henryhpsd

....one of the bolts holding a couple wires wasn't as tight as it should be...

Up and running  !....

Thanks again !

• Like 3