Red144runner

Picking up another one

WVHillbilly520H

The oily grime from guess would be a loose oil drain pipe or filter, least that kept the frame from rusting, and when changing the transaxle/hydro fluid if you don't leave the filter loose or take a seat frame bolt out it doesn't "burp" well when refilling causing more spillage, from the looks of things you have a solid foundation just not so much on the body tins or that brake band, Jeff.

Red144runner

Thanks Jeff. When I was doing my 1848 workhorse last year my dealer gave me the tip on removing one of the top trans bolts to vent. Took no time to fill that. Not pictured but the filter mount is broke, I'll have to weld or replace that when I get to that point. The fluids are clean as was air filter which is encouraging. But all will be changed with new filters and fuel lines. I have a line on some tins off another workhorse. My dealer has a graveyard, so at least I'll get the boards and fender. The hood I'll be repairing. I hope the tractor he's parting from is dead, I don't like pulling from a potential runner.

Edited by Red144runner
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Red144runner

Got some more good news. There's a guy 1 town over who has a good hoard of wheel horse mostly 520s too. He has all the parts I need including the hood, fenders, trans tunnel cover, and even the side panels for the dashboard. Possibly heading out tomorrow if not next Saturday 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, Red144runner said:

Got some more good news. There's a guy 1 town over who has a good hoard of wheel horse mostly 520s too. He has all the parts I need including the hood, fenders, trans tunnel cover, and even the side panels for the dashboard. Possibly heading out tomorrow if not next Saturday 

Good to hear Joe, sometimes a plan comes together before you're ready, I'm sure you'll be happy with this one once it's back close to original, Jeff.

Red144runner

Well, the boy and I headed out early this morning to get the parts. Had to go early since we were celebrating his 3rd bday this afternoon and the boss lady had chores for us before the party. The guy had a great collection. (6) 520s one with a real nice quickway on it, a 417 and 418. I wound up getting the boards, tunnel covers and hood. The hood is off a newer anniversary 520 but it was cleaner than the other one. The parts aren't perfect but not bad and considering what's on it now I very happy

IMG_4694.JPG

IMG_4695.JPG

IMG_4696.JPG

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1