• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

PeacemakerJack
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I did a bit of painting !!!!

I'm going to warn the color purists.

It isn't red.

But it's a color no other manufacturers use that I know of.

20180331_193813.jpg.36519f13ad17eba3f674b58975a0464d.jpg

I chose a satin to be more forgiving of the rough surface.

20180331_194011.jpg.b313a9a7e108194c37ae015111061753.jpg

20180331_193757.jpg.634ef7f8b8ce54fbda6daf33f4e31529.jpg

Tank and wheels will be Navajo white.

This is very interesting Eric!  I, for one, would like to hear how you came up with the color combo.  :popcorn:

I’ll be looking forward to seeing the finished product now more than ever for sure.

“Cinnamon” could be a great name like @19richie66 suggested...

• Like 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, classiccat said:

Lookin' good.... That's a killer white!

Whether you like it or not... If i tilt my laptop just the right way.... that hood & pan are still red.  :ychain:

The white is just a tiny bit more tan than the off white or antique white on WH.

The cinnamon is pretty much reddish brown. ...or brownish red. 

• Like 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

I see a new name for this tractor..... “Cinnamon” :handgestures-thumbup:

1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

This is very interesting Eric!  I, for one, would like to hear how you came up with the color combo.  :popcorn:

I’ll be looking forward to seeing the finished product now more than ever for sure.

“Cinnamon” could be a great name like @19richie66 suggested...

You guys might be onto something there. 

Color choice was pretty much me just being. ..me.

I ain't quite right and I'm ok with it. 

HAD to have something different,  unique. 

We went to the big orange Box store. Stood in the paint aisle. Decided that this color "didn't  suck" ... so we bought it. 

:ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

dells68

Never hurts to be yourself.  My wife just wishes I'd be myself a little less often:ROTF:!

• Haha 8

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, dells68 said:

Never hurts to be yourself.  My wife just wishes I'd be myself a little less often:ROTF:!

HAHAHAHA  !!!!!!

• Like 2

Achto

Interesting paint combo, can't wait to see the finished product.

• Like 3

19richie66

The Cinnamon color is like a “Mauve” but you don’t sound like you are throwing up when you say it. Besides.... who wants a tractor named Mauve? Should look good all done up with those colors. Definitely something different. 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
27 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

The Cinnamon color is like a “Mauve” but you don’t sound like you are throwing up when you say it. 

:ROTF::ROTF:

• Haha 2

RandyLittrell

• Haha 4

ebinmaine

Can any or all of you guys recommend a particular scraping tools such as a sized file or sized wire brush for scraping the rust out of the engine cooling fans? I don't have a sandblaster.

WVHillbilly520H

I think when dad and I redone the Kohler on the CC original we use like a 1/2" diameter by 3-4" long wire brush on an electric drill , could use a die grinder might go faster but you'll loose more bristles faster, and lately I've been using a 1/2" think by 3-4" diameter drill mounted "paint stripper" from Walmart when cleaning up the underside of mower decks, hope this helps, Jeff.

Screenshot_20180402-173116.png

Screenshot_20180402-173003.png

Screenshot_20180402-173044.png

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

hope this helps

Oh yeah it do !!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

RandyLittrell
15 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Can any or all of you guys recommend a particular scraping tools such as a sized file or sized wire brush for scraping the rust out of the engine cooling fans? I don't have a sandblaster.

Small round files and a strip of emery cloth folded up. Harbor Freight makes a little hand held sandblaster that actually works pretty good for small things. 

https://www.harborfreight.com/21-oz-hopper-gravity-feed-spot-blaster-gun-95793.html

Randy

• Excellent 3

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

Small round files and a strip of emery cloth folded up. Harbor Freight makes a little hand held sandblaster that actually works pretty good for small things. 

https://www.harborfreight.com/21-oz-hopper-gravity-feed-spot-blaster-gun-95793.html

Randy

Thank you for that listing Randy. I'll check that closer later on the bigger computer at home. How much CFM do you need to run that?

RandyLittrell

Not sure, I have a 5hp 60 gal compressor so I never have any problem with stuff like that. I think a smaller compressor will work, you will just have to do small areas at a time. Since it is gravity fed, it works better than siphon models. 

OK, I went and looked at the specs, it says 7cfm@90psi, so thats bigger compressor specs. Their smaller compressors only put out 4.7cfm@90, so it will work, just take a little longer. 

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell

ebinmaine

@RandyLittrell,  Thanks again. I have a 220 volt, 3 horsepower, 30 or 40 gallon. But, I also have a smaller pancake style compressor I could put into the mix while I'm using the blaster. That would be a little inadequate but mostly functional.

Not the kind of tool I would use very often anyways.

" use what ya have"

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

Your welcome, I have been at home with my back messed up and go see the surgeon tomorrow so I have had a lot of time on my hands. 

I don't use mine very often, but its really handy for some small things and $20 doesn't hurt the budget too much. 

Randy

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

Your welcome, I have been at home with my back messed up and go see the surgeon tomorrow so I have had a lot of time on my hands. 

I don't use mine very often, but its really handy for some small things and $20 doesn't hurt the budget too much. 

Randy

Well I hope everything goes correctly and you feel better!

• Like 2

WHX??

Yes thanks Randy will have to get one of those to do little stuff till my mother of all compressors and cabinet blaster ships come in!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by WHX16
  • Like 3

ebinmaine

Been doing a LOT of other stuff around the property now that we can get OUT side (until today) so I haven't spent much time on the Cinnamon horse.

Today I wire brushed the new-to-me hubs I got from A-Z and tossed a coat of paint on them.

My honey sprayed another coat on the hood as well.

IMG_20180415_185603011.jpg.43c7577b5fc7c67bc02e3b2fcc731569.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

I can't believe it's been over a month since I've touched this rig but we've been Sooooo busy!!!!

Just a quick one today.

I put the hubs and wheels on using a kit from @rmaynard.

I need to be able to reposition it in the shop a bit.

Next project is to tear apart the 8 speed and clean it from inside to eliminate a grinder style wheel bearing.

IMG_20180526_130702338.jpg.743e7a692db0890c8f2992430f71f057.jpg

• Like 5

19richie66

That makes it sooo much easier dealing with tires. Replacing all my lugs eventually with lug studs and nuts. Actually one of the best upgrades you can make on any garden tractor. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

That makes it sooo much easier dealing with tires. Replacing all my lugs eventually with lug studs and nuts. Actually one of the best upgrades you can make on any garden tractor. 

They're on both of mine and will likely be on every one I ever own.

• Like 1

Sarge

I use a few old Swiss pattern riffler files for cleaning/smoothing those engine fins on air-cooled units, they work excellent.

Similar to these-

https://www.amazon.com/Mercer-Abrasives-BCRIFS-Riffler-8-Piece/dp/B0052RQ4WE/ref=sr_1_86?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1527423281&sr=1-86&keywords=swiss+pattern+file+set

Just avoid the Chinese made diamond type - they only last a few strokes before the grit layer comes off. On engines that are known to get worked hard or run hot, spending the time to smooth and clean up those fins goes a long way in helping service life. Not to mention, it helps keep debris from building up again.

Sarge

• Like 3