pyroplegic

sinngle stage CL score!

shallowwatersailor

Isn't there an adjustment using the washers between the flag and lift tube for leveling? Also the Dial-A-Height should be dialed out.

Racinbob

That's just for how high it lifts. Add washers....more lift. :)

Rick53
On 2/5/2018 at 7:46 PM, WVHillbilly520H said:

:text-yeahthat:

IMAG2990.jpg

IMAG2993.jpg

IMAG2991.jpg

So Willy My Unit is exactly what you show in the right Picture : Can you read My Thread below this thread in regards to Broken belt and maybe answer my issue 

Forest Road

Very nice score! As others said the wings are backwards OR upside down. 

Chain tension is very important. If the idler sprockets are worn down to a point they need to be replaced as well as the chain. If the chain should let loose it's not unusual to have to toss the blower. It can do a lot of damage. 

Chain and sprockets are are readily available and cheap! 

Good luck w her!  

pyroplegic
On 2/8/2018 at 4:58 PM, WHX14 said:

Also want to check the chain tension and oil after every use. Chain adjustment is done with the idler circled and speaking of idlers check them often for looseness. They get water in them and wear quickly but replacement ones are at TSC.  

5a7cb86788997_0208181505_HDR1_jpg_c5729a101734205413f6a2c8e3789710.jpg

I don't see how this will adjust, it's does not look to be a slot to slide the idler in to add or release tension in the chain.

. To adjust, loosen the bolt that secures idler sprocket to left side housing. (Fig. 28). 3. Slide idler sprocket in adjustment slot until chain is snug, but not tight (Fig. 28). 4. Tighten idler sprocket securely

snowblowerside.jpg

Edited by pyroplegic

WVHillbilly520H
34 minutes ago, pyroplegic said:

I don't see how this will adjust, it's does not look to be a slot to slide the idler in to add or release tension in the chain.

. To adjust, loosen the bolt that secures idler sprocket to left side housing. (Fig. 28). 3. Slide idler sprocket in adjustment slot until chain is snug, but not tight (Fig. 28). 4. Tighten idler sprocket securely

snowblowerside.jpg

Yes, the lowest nut on the left (3/4" wrench/socket), you will need to loosen it up quite a bit if not all the way the slot is most likely rusted/painted over not much adjustment there 1/2"-1" max after getting the scale out of there tighten back up to "snug"/loose then use a "prybar" on the idler sprocket to move/add tension without getting the chain too tight approximately 1/4" deflection on the chain from top to bottom idler sprockets (you will need to remove the chain guard for access) rotate auger a few times double checking the tension till you get it right then firmly tighten the sprocket nut, Jeff.

IMG-28275a82-5285-4363-8414-0b4813f612d2.png

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Excellent 1

pyroplegic

Bust the paint out for sure

• Like 1

doc724
On 2/8/2018 at 5:06 PM, shallowwatersailor said:

Another "tool" to use to set the height are paint stirrers from Lowes/HD/paint store. The small gallon-can ones are 1/8" thick and handy for walk-behind snowblowers. For a tractor-mounted snowthrower/snowblower the five-gallon stirrers are about 1/4".

Great minds think alike John.  I use paint stirrers also, only the gallon size though :-)

• Like 1

pyroplegic

This didn't come with a spring and I found a #150 punching bag spring on Amazon for $8.
We jacked the blower higher than the lifter bar would lift,

Attached the spring to the eye-bolt, that had the nyloc nut backed nearly all the out

Attach the bell of a 1/4" shackle through the other end of the spring, and the pin through an existing hole in the frame just in font of the floor board,

Tighten nyloc nut to apply tension to the spring

Lower jack and enjoy your lighter blower

(black is rust-converting primer I-H Red tractor paint is going on tomorrow)

blower spring.jpg

• Like 1

pyroplegic

Any idea what this part is? it looks like a lower retention ring on the bottom of the chute. perfectly broke off with the part number on it. the chute now has 1/2" slop at the base, are there barrings to look out for in that area?

0307181510[4514].jpg

0307181514[4513].jpg

pyroplegic

are there multiple of these holding the chute on?

WHX??

'Fraid so ...three but  CRS ...get ready to buy more than one.

pyroplegic

yess searching is $15-$20 ea

peter lena

nice looking unit, my response is  LUBRICATION IS KEY , on this . I use LUBRIPLATE CHAIN AND CABLE SPRAY,  its made for brutal applications. I spray before use and after. never let that gear to chain dry out. also lube the double pulley spring tension frame , this will insure that the spring tension is smooth and constant on your Kevlar belt. found that just going over all metal drag contact points with lube, like chute guide wheels and mounting point to blower ,along with the auger adjustment rod , makes things effortless. wheel horses are always starved for lack of lubrication, don't keep that mind set going. been there , pete

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:12 PM, pyroplegic said:

This didn't come with a spring and I found a #150 punching bag spring on Amazon for $8.
We jacked the blower higher than the lifter bar would lift,

Attached the spring to the eye-bolt, that had the nyloc nut backed nearly all the out

Attach the bell of a 1/4" shackle through the other end of the spring, and the pin through an existing hole in the frame just in font of the floor board,

Tighten nyloc nut to apply tension to the spring

Lower jack and enjoy your lighter blower

(black is rust-converting primer I-H Red tractor paint is going on tomorrow)

blower spring.jpg

Before I switched to all hydraulic lift tractors, I had three springs (garage door sections) on my blower lift.

Pullstart
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:46 PM, WVHillbilly520H said:

:text-yeahthat:

IMAG2990.jpg

IMAG2993.jpg

IMAG2991.jpg

@WVHillbilly520H   Nice trucks!  Sorry, off topic...:unsure:

• Haha 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 minute ago, pullstart said:

@WVHillbilly520H   Nice trucks!  Sorry, off topic...:unsure:

The green Chevy is my F.I.L's does run but needs some attention and the yellow Ford is a neighbor's who he was supposed to fix the brakes on 3 years ago but needs to lift the radiator cap and drive a new one under  :think:...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell
4 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

lift the radiator cap and drive a new one under  :think:...

:text-yeahthat::ROTF:                                       

Never thought of that.     I have repaired a few that this would have been a better fix.

• Haha 2