dpriceute

My New Horse

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:             Looks like it was well cared for, It will last a lifetime with proper maintenance.           :text-bravo:

• Like 1

Racinbob

Looks great. Whatever happened to the 701 I hauled to the big show for you? :)

cpete1

Those tractors look so nice... I'd have a terrible time with getting them dirty again...:wacko:

Have you tried out the generator under any sort of load, am curious if there is any "belt slip". 

ztnoo

Dilly, Dilly!!!

dpriceute
7 hours ago, Racinbob said:

Looks great. Whatever happened to the 701 I hauled to the big show for you? :)

We moved about a year ago and sold the 701 another red square member.  We have more land at our new house so I needed a newer horse that could mow and use more implements.  I really wanted a newer GT classic like yours but they just don’t come up for sale around here very often.

17 hours ago, BOB ELLISON said:

That really looks great. I have a 2000 314-8 and it has 262 hours on it and it is very nice to drive. Like new looking

This is mine I really like the power. But I would like to have a generator setup like yours. Great job 

20170309_132856.jpg

That’s a beauty Bob, your seat is still in great shape too.  My seat was too far gone when I got it so I put a cover over it.

• Like 1

dpriceute
6 hours ago, cpete1 said:

Those tractors look so nice... I'd have a terrible time with getting them dirty again...:wacko:

Have you tried out the generator under any sort of load, am curious if there is any "belt slip". 

I installed the generator last night but I haven’t tried running it yet.  They guy I bought it from said they were an old toro dealer (no longer) and they found this in an old building they were cleaning out.  He said it was NOS but didn’t have the lift rod or flag.  I don’t know if those two things are for structural integrity while it is running or just to help lift it in place.  It came with the original manual and belt which makes me nervous as it’s been in a bag for 35 years.  I’m going to try it out tonight.

• Like 1

Racinbob
8 minutes ago, dpriceute said:

We moved about a year ago and sold the 701 another red square member.  We have more land at our new house so I needed a newer horse that could mow and use more implements.  I really wanted a newer GT classic like yours but they just don’t come up for sale around here very often.

That’s a beauty Bob, your seat is still in great shape too.  My seat was too far gone when I got it so I put a cover over it.

I can appreciate that. I'm happy to hear another Red Square member got it. You did good with the 314. The hours are nothing and it looks great. I can't believe I found my 315 in Florida and the frosting was only 100 hours and it was a steal. You'll like that 5kw generator. Answering @cpete1 no, the belt won't slip under load. I don't see the lift rod and flag adding any structural integrity to speak of. It might take some stress off the front hitch but I don't think you'll have a problem without them. I also have a 5kw and it works great but I'm going to take it to the big show and sell it only because I want to get something my wife can handle. Portable electric start. Of course I could dedicate a tractor to the generator but can't justify that for an attachment that's used so seldom. I put casters on mine to make it easy to move around when not attached. :)

• Like 1

cschannuth
4 hours ago, dpriceute said:

I installed the generator last night but I haven’t tried running it yet.  They guy I bought it from said they were an old toro dealer (no longer) and they found this in an old building they were cleaning out.  He said it was NOS but didn’t have the lift rod or flag.  I don’t know if those two things are for structural integrity while it is running or just to help lift it in place.  It came with the original manual and belt which makes me nervous as it’s been in a bag for 35 years.  I’m going to try it out tonight.

You wont need the tube and flag. I have one and never use it. I set my generator on a small, cheap moving dolly when I’m not using it. When I’m ready to take it off I roll it under the generator, release both hitches, and roll it out. It takes about 10 seconds. When I want to install it I roll it under the tractor, latch it in the mid hitch, and lift it slightly to latch the front hitch. It’s super quick and I never have to lift the generator. 

Edited by cschannuth

c-series don

I have a 3000W on a C-121 and never installed the lift flag and tube and never had any problems. 

Rugerhound

That's a beauty!!

Regards,  Pete

chip61

Nice looking tractor!! I'm not far from you at all if you're still in Glen Allen. Did you find it around here?? 

Desko

Thats a very cool tractor and clean looking! A few years back I picked up a 416h 1994 model with 43 original hours for $200 my issue was the PO scattered the onan so a new onan in place with 120 hours later it's been great! 

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Really really nice set up. Good luck with it.

Glenn         :bow-blue: