Chris G

New Horse Hauler

KC9KAS

My 2003 Z-71 has 201,000+ miles on it and is still in pretty good shape. I did just today have the RF wheel bearing replaced..About 2 years ago I had the LF replaced. No other problems (other than 14 MPG's).

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

I bought my 2000 1500 4.8 5spd extended cab used in '07 with about 130k and kept to '14 with 250k engine was still "dry" when I sold it just basic maintaince and the wheel bearings in the 7 years and 120k I put on it good luck with your new hauler, Jeff.

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0946.jpg

• Like 4

Chris G

Mine has got the 4.8 as well and is just rear wheel drive. But I'm thinking it's gonna be around awhile for sure.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Can't beat the LS lineup in today's world.. unless you go diesel but that's a whole different story.

We've got a '99 extended cab Silverado with 76k on the 5.3, an 01 2500HD with 185k on the 6.0, an 02 Suburban with 190-ish k on the 5.3, and an 11 Suburban with 165k on that 5.3.  None get the best fuel mileage, but they sure do get the work done!  

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, WVHillbilly520H said:

I bought my 2000 1500 4.8 5spd extended cab used in '07 with about 130k and kept to '14 with 250k engine was still "dry" when I sold it just basic maintaince and the wheel bearings in the 7 years and 120k I put on it good luck with your new hauler, Jeff.

IMAG0946.jpg

Hey what intake is that?  Looks like it'll move more air than the stocker for sure!

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Can't beat the LS lineup in today's world.. unless you go diesel but that's a whole different story.

We've got a '99 extended cab Silverado with 76k on the 5.3, an 01 2500HD with 185k on the 6.0, an 02 Suburban with 190-ish k on the 5.3, and an 11 Suburban with 165k on that 5.3.  None get the best fuel mileage, but they sure do get the work done!  

Hey what intake is that?  Looks like it'll move more air than the stocker for sure!

That one with the 4.8L 5spd manual knocked down solid 18mpg with 3.73 gears on 265/16 tires, the intake kit is "Spectre" or Speed by Spectre sold at Advance and AutoZone I think like $120 or so, definitely less than K&N if anything it definitely sounded like opening the secondaries on a Quadrajet back in the day when pedalling hard, getting ready to add something similar to the '14 5.3 and the '06 5sd with 4.3 V6, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk

Just looked up an intake for my 06 Tundra. $162 for a red filter and $159 for a blue one. I've heard of "Retail Red" but not "Go Faster Red"! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Just looked up an intake for my 06 Tundra. $162 for a red filter and $159 for a blue one. I've heard of "Retail Red" but not "Go Faster Red"! 

Just an FYI, they do come pre-oiled but once you wash it to clean and re-oil it you have your choice of oil colors (red blue green) and with that being said be careful not to OVER oil the filter when you do because some "MAF" (mass air flow) are super sensitive to the "mist" that may result, Jeff.