Achto

'68 Raider 12 Resto

953 nut
12 hours ago, pullstart said:

how do you assemble painted bolts and washers without marring them up?

That is what small brushes are for!

Image result for small artist brushes

• Like 2

Pullstart

Told you guys it was a silly question!  :D

• Haha 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, Achto said:

Very happy with the way that my belt guard for the hydro pump turned out

That is slick!     :text-coolphotos:          I presume that is a HY-2 or HY-3 pump, very nice actuation lever setup.             :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Achto
3 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I presume that is a HY-2 or HY-3 pump, very nice actuation lever setup. 

The hydro pump is a Century Fox. It was made by the Hien Werner company, the same company that made the HY pumps for :wh:. Unlike the HY's this pump turns clockwise which is why it drives off of the fly wheel side instead of the PTO side of the engine.

• Excellent 3

WHX??

Its's a Century Fox labeled ....Dan's quicker on the trigger Dick..... Big question is I hope you you are not gonna have any 2nd thoughts about sticking that work of art down in a furrow and getting it dirty. You might make Josh curse if you don't and you know how Christian he is! I  would be willing to guess your load for shows this year is going to be that, a 1076, a rat rod and a McLean???:lol:

Edited by WHX16
add
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Afer re reading your post Dan since that pump has the same internals as a Hein it is NOT bi-directional? What is your source on the seat...comfy??

Edited by WHX16
add
  • Like 2

Achto

No worries, this tractor will definitely pulling a plow, "Gotta get a little mud on the tires"  I think that you're guess on my show load for this year is spot on...:think: unless I buy a bigger trailer that is. :D

30 minutes ago, WHX16 said:

Afer re reading your post Dan since that pump has the same internals as a Hein it is NOT bi-directional?

The input shaft is in a different location. In the pic below you can see that rotation was determined by where they placed the input shaft at the factory. Check out the arrows by the shaft. The shaft on mine is placed by the CW arrow.

images.jpg.ee8681fbf8d9f7f045fa6f3a4d9fa5cb.jpg

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

WHX??

Ahhh ..thanks for the schooling..... my has that stamp too but never dawned on me holes could be swapped around! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

Achto
1 hour ago, WHX16 said:

What is your source on the seat...comfy??

That seat came from the Milsco factory here in town, ( I know some people :)). I'm sure that there is a void in it some place, but I can't find it. Unfortunately I think this exact style has been discontinued, which is too bad cause it is pretty comfy.

• Like 2

WHX??

I pretty much thought  that but for some reason I thought they were getting out of the GT seats in favor of more industrial or specialized seats??!? Guess I have to rough your "know some people" up abit! :D

• Haha 2

Achto
5 minutes ago, WHX16 said:

I pretty much thought  that but for some reason I thought they were getting out of the GT seats in favor of more industrial or specialized seats??!?

I know that seats are made for HD, Indian, JD, MTD, & CAT here in town probably more too. Michigan seating also falls under the Milsco umbrella now.

• Like 2

Shynon

Wow Dan that's looking sweet.:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Dan—that will Be without a doubt one of the nicest looking plow mule’s that I’ve ever seen in the furrows.  I’ve enjoyed reading all the comments and discussion this evening here.  I love the look of that seat and looks like it has good contours to spend a fair amount of time in which is important in a plow mule—IMHO.

I’ve said it privately to him but Dan’s handiwork speaks for itself...:bow-blue:

This thing is a beauty but I can’t wait to see how it will do in the fields when we throw at it a variety of soil conditions.  I’m betting that it will do pretty good—but if not, Dan will science that out too.  It took me a couple of plowing seasons to get the plowing nuisances worked out of GhostRider and it was worth the time invested.  Dan’s Raider did great at Jim’s PD last fall,:ychain: when it was running, but Jim has about the easiest soil to turn.  I can’t wait to turn earth with this tractor and when conditions are right—test it with the Punisher!  

As always Dan—great job!:text-bravo:

PS—I hate to state the obvious, but you are gonna need back wheels to plow anything.  Oh yea, and speaking of plowing, I want to document here that they are calling for 8-12” of the white stuff here on April 2-3 to use the other kind of plowing method!:angry-tappingfoot:not a fan of that this time of year

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine

@Achto, this tractor truly is a work of art in so many ways. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
12 hours ago, Achto said:

Michigan seating also falls under the Milsco umbrella now

Wasn't aware of that either! Appears their hand stretches across the pond as well.

https://www.milsco.com/ for those who care to know more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Achto

Right now I'm a happy boy. Hopefully my happiness will continue for years to come with my experiment. The key ways on my hubs were in terrible shape & it bugged me to think of throwing them away. After some deliberation and a lot of questions I decided to try this. Cut a new key way 90 degrees to the old one. Drill & tap a new set screw hole for the new key way and use the old set screw hole for my secondary set screw. Any thoughts on this experiment welcome.

IMG_20180403_185402526-min.jpg.92e876ed950c2ce1bda8f827599bb7a3.jpgIMG_20180403_185436110-min.jpg.0e92ec8bc674222ea3d514df748e602b.jpgIMG_20180403_185827224-min.jpg.7fe9c8b28210b41ad6c3b58c7bed6806.jpg

Edited by Achto
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 5

PeacemakerJack

Looking Good Dan!!! Nice addition of the WH logo on your tractor like front end ballast. 

Can’t wait for the big reveal...:dance:

:popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Joshn569

So a little off topic, but what lucky tractor gets to ride on white walls?

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat:  that’s Dan’s totally awesome Rat Rod!   I’ll let him pick his favorite shot of it and post it here or Jim will swoop in and give you a link to another thread...:confusion-helpsos:

all Ican say is, “IT IS COOL!”

• Like 4

AMC RULES

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

PeacemakerJack

That’s what I’m talking about—thanks Dan for the SUPER :text-coolphotos:

I like both of them—I see a great trading card with both of those!!!! Just sayin...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Joshn569
20 minutes ago, Achto said:

Thanks for posting the link @AMC RULES !!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Here are a couple of my favorite pics of my lil monster.

DSCN1194-min.JPG.900682385cf1a1eeb69db190a62ee9fd.JPG

DSCN1060-min.thumb.JPG.af1023bb85c136066fda335ad114fe67.JPG

Thats awesome! Really cool rat rod concept. You definitely pulled it off. :text-coolphotos:

• Thanks 1