classicdmax

NGK or Champion?

roadapples

It's made to prevent global warming...:ychain:

Edited by roadapples

Cvans
23 minutes ago, roadapples said:

It's made to prevent global warming...:bitch:

If a person knew how many BTU's of heat it took to produce a gallon of Ethanol and how many tax dollars to took to subsidize it's production it would take weeks for you to get over your anger. Definitely no laughing matter. :(

We live near one of these plants. The amount of heat that leaves those stacks and cooling towers is incredible. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

roadapples
2 minutes ago, Cvans said:

If a person knew how many BTU's of heat it took to produce a gallon of Ethanol and how many tax dollars to took to subsidize it's production it would take weeks for you to get over your anger. Definitely no laughing matter. :(

We live near one of these plants. The amount of heat that leaves those stacks and cooling towers is incredible. 

I was being sarcastic....:)

• Like 1

Cvans

I meant nothing towards you or anyone else here. I just frustrates me so bad that American tax payers were ripped off the way they were. "Originally" the Ethanol legislation was set up so that NO Ag products that are for human consumption were to be used in the production of Ethanol. It was suppose to be Ag byproducts such as corn stalks or non consumable crops. At the time there was a big uproar over concerns that food prices were going to go up and that's why the legislation was set up that way. Once the legislation was passed all the consumer protections were forgotten and Ethanol was competing with livestock feed and human food. :bitch:

• Excellent 1

Turftech

I'm probably going to regret this, since spark plug preference is similar to what brand of car/truck do you like.

But on the other hand, as a golf course equipment manager I deal with what plug/gap is appropriate for the application all the time (love the overseas engines with no name plugs).

Example: the go to plug for B&S engines, for years was J8. In the 80s we substituted J17/J19 (same gap) in all applications. J8s didn't play well with unleaded fuel back then.

So even if you have the original manual, cross check with the latest application chart for the plug manufacture you use. Things do sometimes change.

As to plug preference a change to NGK, was my choice, across the board, when I took this job. More heat ranges/better coverage over the others brands (local availability). All equipment is standardized with NGK at first annual maintenance. All plugs are changed every year (cheap insurance).

Some of the small engine manuals claim 200/400 hrs for change out, don't believe it.

Note to Mainers: If you are running non ethanol fuel in a Maine registered motor vehicle, according to my av gas dealer, it is illegal.

In Southern Maine their watching! Be careful.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
41 minutes ago, Turftech said:

Note to Mainers: If you are running non ethanol fuel in a Maine registered motor vehicle, according to my av gas dealer, it is illegal.

Thanks for that...I didn't know.

I only use it off road stuff.

• Like 1

pfrederi
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Thanks for that...I didn't know.

I only use it off road stuff.

That kind of rule sounds like something you would find in California...What happened to Live Free or die...oh sorry next state over:P

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

sorry next state over

..... and the one where I buy my non ethanol fuel.

I'm located only 2 towns from the border.

• Like 1

Turftech

The southern coast is now the peoples republic of Maine.

Transplants and people from away. "We love Maine", now we make just it like where we came from.

• Sad 1

lynnmor
2 hours ago, Turftech said:

Not sure where that came from, here is information from Maine DEP: http://www.maine.gov/dep/air/mobile/ethanol.html

Maine Legislative Changes

MtBE Ban. Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether (MtBE) was added to conventional gasoline to enhance combustion and octane levels and to meet the federal Clean Air Act mandate requiring 2% oxygen in Reformulated Gasoline (RFG). The Maine Legislature banned MtBE as a gasoline additive in the state after January 1, 2007. With the MtBE ban in Maine and other states ethanol has been blended with gasoline in place of MtBE. However, Maine has no requirement to blend gasoline with any oxygenate such as ethanol.

I snowmobile in Maine nearly every year.  Northern Maine was supplied with gasoline from Canada and had no ethanol for some years after it  was added to gas in lower Maine.  The first winter that it was used created numerous problems with snowmobile engines.  As you know, ethanol absorbs water from storage tank bottoms and helps bring other contaminates with it.  Since snowmobilers purchase fuel from back country lodges, marinas or whatever we got a lot of terrible fuel from those small above ground tanks.  The politicians don't care if you freeze way out in the woods with a disabled sled.

• Like 2

classicdmax

Well, went with Autolite for my local parts store didn’t stock ngk, and only other offering was champion. Thanks for all the input

keep it coming!

• Like 2