ebinmaine

What do you do to every new tractor you acquire?

Sarge

My shop has seriously turned into a 1-man path of hazards and some of this stuff is really heavy/delicate - it's at the point no one else is allowed to go in there and has to stay at the doorway, lol. Wife says too much "junk" - I say not enough square footage. This is the result of not just too many projects - but too much diversity of projects. Loving to fabricate/weld/machine stuff eats up footage in a hurry and makes everything turn into a stack of important things that can never be found - I regularly lose parts/tools that I know I already have on hand and I hate that. It's gotten nearly impossible to find hardware I've purchased just a few days ago for something that needs attention and that can get expensive at times as most of it is special sized stuff or odd parts. I have to get that stupid Clausing done and in service - it's taking up half the shop and in so many pieces I'm not even sure the parts book I have will be enough to put it together at this point. Not to mention - there are several parts that still need rebuilt to make it serviceable again, it's going to take the rest of the winter at least and some parts aren't even close to being painted and finished. Ugh, never should have taken this one on - would have been better off getting a more expensive and possibly updated machine, but this one has a lot of class and should be more than adequate, if I can just get rid of the flu and get in the shop to finish it.

I envy those with the clean work spaces and organization - I just never seem to have the time nor space for that...grr.

Sarge

• Like 3

ebinmaine

We shall see how my work schedule goes in the next couple days. I've been mulling over taking a day off to spend pretty much strictly in the workshop.

If I do, I'll make that topic in - non Wheel Horse discussion.

I'll show you folks some before and after. Memorize the after really well. It won't stay that way very long.

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
19 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

We shall see how my work schedule goes in the next couple days. I've been mulling over taking a day off to spend pretty much strictly in the workshop.

If I do, I'll make that topic in - non Wheel Horse discussion.

I'll show you folks some before and after. Memorize the after really well. It won't stay that way very long.

ebinmaine

Well, now that the workshop is in usable condition... I hope to start taking apart this c - 160 tomorrow.

I suppose probably I'm going to have to make up a new thread and include some cool photos to keep everybody happy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Red Headed Horse

I like to clean my new tractor on arrival and do a service including greasing where necessary. I usually buy them running and use fresh petrol after draining the old fuel out.