userj8670

Hub cap assistance

userj8670

Team-   I have a late Xmas present that I would like to give a friend of mine with a 68 wheel horse raider 12 - set of hubcaps.  They measure 2x10" and 2x8".   Will they fit?

Please excuse my ignorance 

953 nut

Should work just fine, the rears go inside the wheel a bit.

WP 20140727 001

• Like 7

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

Should work just fine, the rears go inside the wheel a bit.

WP 20140727 001

Rich, is that yours? Mighty sweet, seems I saw that picture before.

Glenn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut
10 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

is that yours? Mighty sweet, seems I saw that picture before

Not mine, just the best picture I could find in our gallery of a :wh: with hub caps. If you hadn't posted this beauty I would have been forced to use a much less attractive one.    :text-bravo:

• Haha 2

userj8670

Those are the hubcaps I need....i knew the ones I was looking at didn't look right - they are off a 520h.

• Like 1

WHX??

Holy Schmidt RIchard... figured  that be too nice to be one of your tractors! :ychain:

Edited by WHX14
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
17 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Not mine, just the best picture I could find in our gallery of a :wh: with hub caps. If you hadn't posted this beauty I would have been forced to use a much less attractive one.    :text-bravo:

I didnt post it, but darn sure is a beauty.

Glenn

9 hours ago, userj8670 said:

Those are the hubcaps I need....i knew the ones I was looking at didn't look right - they are off a 520h.

Those hub caps, are an older set. That particular design.

Glenn

• Like 1

Tankman

Love those hubcaps. I have one set, given to me by an old timer.

Is there a brand of generic, plain, baby moons? 8" and 12" rims?

WH-Moons.jpg.472b6ad93f1560560d1f20d1a3fa3a8e.jpg

SPINJIM

Anyone know when WH stopped making the old style hub caps?   I recently picked up a nice set at an auction, and I want to put them on an appropriate year, not one of my newer models.  

16 minutes ago, Tankman said:

953 nut
8 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:
On 1/18/2018 at 6:42 AM, 953 nut said:

I didnt post it, but darn sure is a beauty.

OK, to give credit where credit is due I went to the Gallery and it turns out the photo I hijacked (for the purpose of illustrating how far the caps inset on the rear) was submitted by @pasch69

9 hours ago, WHX14 said:

figured  that be too nice to be one of your tractors!

You are absolutely correct!    :pray:       I pray that the one I have underway will come out that nice though.

18 hours ago, userj8670 said:

They come up in our Classified and on  :techie-ebay:   from time to time but you will need to pay up to get them. 

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
6 hours ago, Tankman said:

Love those hubcaps. I have one set, given to me by an old timer.

Is there a brand of generic, plain, baby moons? 8" and 12" rims?

.I have a set to. But they are old and beat up.I think they are the nicest of all of them.

Glenn

• Like 1

JimmyJam
6 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

.I have a set to. But they are old and beat up.I think they are the nicest of all of them.

Glenn

Me too Glenn! They were off of a rusty B-80 that I picked up that sat outside its entire life. Way beyond trying to polish them up. So I sand blasted them and painted them up with Toro "Silver Pewter" to match rims. So, correct me if I am wrong: Hubcaps were an add-on option in some models. Right? I see some hubcaps with WH logo and some "Baby Moon" style.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 hour ago, JimmyJam said:

Me too Glenn! They were off of a rusty B-80 that I picked up that sat outside its entire life. Way beyond trying to polish them up. So I sand blasted them and painted them up with Toro "Silver Pewter" to match rims. So, correct me if I am wrong: Hubcaps were an add-on option in some models. Right? I see some hubcaps with WH logo and some "Baby Moon" style.

Good question, I assume you had to buy them as an extra. The pros here will let us know. That hub cap paint job was a good idea.

Glenn

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, JimmyJam said:

I had a set of the newer style that was beyond polishing that I had powder coated then hand painted the embossing, I believe all the manufacturers had optional wheel covers with their logos embossed as well as the "plain baby moons", also those older style cover look at home on the newer models like a 520H,  Jeff.

IMAG2865.jpg

IMAG3094.jpg

IMAG2883.jpg

S3700002.JPG.6fcc6a2432fba0f5d5b2d06131eb6ccc.jpeg

• Like 2