waterlooboy2hp

K141 / K181 ??

waterlooboy2hp

Will a Kohler K181 12v starter & flywheel work on a k141 ? Both engines are in use, so I hate to tare both engines apart, only to prove that they are not the same.  My search so far, does not seem to prove it one way or the other. ---- John

pfrederi

There were lots of different spec# engines in both 141 and 181 series.  Your best bet is to get the spec numbers for both engines and then look them up on the Kohler engine website.  See if the have the same part numbers for what ever you want to swap.

• Excellent 1

953 nut

I just looked the flywheels up in my Kohler parts manual and the flywheel with ring gear shows the same part numbers for K-141, K-161 and K-181. They all list A 234598 and A 2345287 but they also list others. There are variations so as Paul @pfrederi suggested you should look up the Spec numbers on the engines and then determine what the flywheel variation number is for that particular engine and see if both engines share the same flywheel variation number. Without doing this it remains a shot in the dark.

waterlooboy2hp
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

I just looked the flywheels up in my Kohler parts manual and the flywheel with ring gear shows the same part numbers for K-141, K-161 and K-181. They all list A 234598 and A 2345287 but they also list others. There are variations so as Paul @pfrederi suggested you should look up the Spec numbers on the engines and then determine what the flywheel variation number is for that particular engine and see if both engines share the same flywheel variation number. Without doing this it remains a shot in the dark.

===================================================

Thanks for the info. The weather is going to break for the better this weekend, so I can get the spec numbers and go from there.

• Thanks 1

953 nut
2 minutes ago, waterlooboy2hp said:

I can get the spec numbers and go from there.

If you have a problem looking them up on the Kohler site you can tag me on another post here and I will help.