TIGman

42" snow/ dozer blade almost ready

WVHillbilly520H

@TIGman, excellent work, you could always extend that 42" to 50", when my dad still worked in a sheet metal factory he "rolled" and "broke" me 2 side extensions for the 42" I found used when I bought my first 520H brand new 2 months shy of 20 years ago, look closely you'll see what I'm talking about, Jeff.

IMAG2089.jpg

IMAG3958.jpg

• Like 4

cpete1

That thing is too nice to scratch up!

• Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@WVHillbilly520H I do believe you rubbed all the paint off your plow. Come spring it could use a little TLC. Although my C-120 is uglier.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
Just now, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@WVHillbilly520H I do believe you rubbed all the paint off your plow. Come spring it could use a little TLC. Although my C-120 is uglier.

It's all go and no show, it's pretty much the way it's been for 20 years now, I suppose I could spruce it up a bit :think:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Uncle Buck

I love the new cutting edge especially, stainless? Paint looks good too. I really need to do some repainting on my rusty red stuff!

• Thanks 1

WHX??
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:55 PM, cpete1 said:

That thing is too nice to scratch up!

:text-yeahthat:You might have to put that in the :wh: museum Tigs.  

• Thanks 1

TIGman
12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I love the new cutting edge especially, stainless? Paint looks good too. I really need to do some repainting on my rusty red stuff!

T-304 Stainless Steel Uncle Buck. ;)

cpete1

Only on this site, Only on this site,

could a post go from a beautifully restored and painted blade with a T-304 stainless steel cutting edge to a fully unpainted piece of steel with a super heavy duty "adjustable" cutting edge and custom extended side fares,(without a stich of paint on either) and all be happily included in the same post.. I'm at a total loss. I've been on Motorcycle forums, house forums, everything one could imagine but I never, never was on a forum like this!!! Time for more aspirin....:wacko:

Chris

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, cpete1 said:

Only on this site, Only on this site,

could a post go from a beautifully restored and painted blade with a T-304 stainless steel cutting edge to a fully unpainted piece of steel with a super heavy duty "adjustable" cutting edge and custom extended side fares,(without a stich of paint on either) and all be happily included in the same post.. I'm at a total loss. Time for more aspirin....:wacko:

Chris

Like @ACman says it only has that earned "patina" once in its life, so goes the :wh: itself as well as my reliable old dozer blade/snow plow, not to mention the rear scraper blade dad designed/built while working at the same factory that I recently did a "light" refurb on, "Dollar Store" paint might not be the best at all weather protection :ROTF:..."Git'er Done" and just for more giggles the frame has some shiny patches here and there... @TIGman :text-imsorry: for hijacking your post, you really did an excellent job with the blade restore, and yes it is on my to do list but right now I ain't worried over scratching my paint, Jeff.

IMAG3135.jpg

IMAG3541.jpg

IMAG3543.jpg

IMAG3673.jpg

• Excellent 3

cpete1

The grader blade may look rough but it has the option of tilting in trench. Your father did a very nice job...  Don't know of many new ones that do that. Impressive, very nice "earned patina". I have so much to learn!

Chris:roll:

Edited by cpete1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, cpete1 said:

The grader blade may look rough but it has the option of tilting in trench. Your father did a very nice job...  Don't know of many new ones that do that. Impressive, very nice "earned patina". I have so much to learn!

Chris:roll:

Hang around "kid", there's so many "experts" in their own right from engines/trans, electrical, paint and body, fabrication/welding, hydraulics , as my dad and Foghorn Leghorn says 'let me learn you something" if one don't know another will and always glad to help you out, Jeff.

• Excellent 1