Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

mhlmeader

This evening i drained and changed the transaxle fluid, added a little stop leak hoping to stop a drippy axle seal.  Ive changed axle seals in jd 110s, but never a wheelhorse. We'll see how it goes. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
28 minutes ago, mhlmeader said:

This evening i drained and changed the transaxle fluid, added a little stop leak hoping to stop a drippy axle seal.  Ive changed axle seals in jd 110s, but never a wheelhorse. We'll see how it goes. 

Axle seals on manual transmission horses are pretty straightforward.

I use a long sharp flat screwdriver to break into the seal and lever it out.

Seals can be done from outside.

• Like 1

mhlmeader
5 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Seals can be done from outside.

Hmmmmmm, now thats good to know, thankyou!!

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, mhlmeader said:

Hmmmmmm, now thats good to know, thankyou!!

You're welcome.

I actually pulled the four of them out of the 8-speed just before I came in and read this... that we're putting together for the c-160 Restomodification project.

Also known as cinnamon horse....

• Like 1

ebinmaine
On 9/24/2018 at 7:51 PM, PeacemakerJack said:

Went plowing on Clyde!  

8D9A477A-EE72-4329-BBFB-44619C5C1A3E.jpeg.1f34557f492c3596963dac9b9f2400f0.jpeg

0CD4B815-81ED-4427-9837-9B60B88652FD.jpeg.34469da1d035bcf7945e3874d7080dfd.jpeg

more of a write up in the plowing thread. It was a great hour turning soil...

I'm seeing a couple of calendar shots there

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Because sometimes you just have to take ya tracta for a ride.

That's my honey......

IMG_20180926_183351716.jpg.f30195f898d83bff92655351455e0043.jpg

• Excellent 3

19richie66

I'm seeing a couple of calendar shots there

I wholeheartedly agree!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Achto

Spent a little time on my new to me C-145. It needed a new ignition switch, I replaced that, the starter solenoid & plugged i a few loose wires. Now it will start with the key and it charges.:) I have a few more "shoe man" repairs to remove from this machine yet. The one below is one of my favorite repairs done by the PO.:D

IMG_20180926_174643304-min.jpg.959ef24e3e53447dfa08e174649ffd87.jpg

My plans are to get this tractor usable until I can get around to tearing it down & going through it head to toe.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

pfrederi
2 minutes ago, Achto said:

Spent a little time on my new to me C-145. It needed a new ignition switch, I replaced that, the starter solenoid & plugged i a few loose wires. Now it will start with the key and it charges.:) I have a few more "shoe man" repairs to remove from this machine yet. The one below is one of my favorite repairs done by the PO.:D

My plans are to get this tractor usable until I can get around to tearing it down & going through it head to toe.

So other than using a Champion Plug what is the issue??

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

So other than using a Champion Plug what is the issue??

It's the tape Paul.

Can't you see the tape???

NOBODY uses that kinda tape anymore....

Oh my....

• Haha 4

953 nut
12 minutes ago, Achto said:

Do you mean to say the cobbler who owned this fine :wh: didn't know enough to position the screw on the gator clip toward the other side?   Outrageous!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

WHX??

No comment ... Mr C-145 and I have not been formally introduced yet! :D

• Haha 3

mhlmeader

Got a battery for my newly aquired lawn ranger.   Starter worked!!.   Runs like a kitten!!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Machineguy

Dreamt of blowing snow 200’ in the air and made Kolher noises! 

:ychain:

• Haha 4

WHX??

Scored this set of meats for a ridiculous price that I can't say lest you guys have twinkies. Have no idea what tractor they are going on but rest assured they will see the ground. Immediately started some rims to mount them on. Six ply skid steer in 23-8.50-12 and heavy. 

20180927_170237.jpg

20180927_165009.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

Stormin

Fitted a new/second hand OE drive belt to my C-125. Came off a Raider 10 I have with a broken con rod. The one on was a standard V belt and has done stirling service for around 7yrs. I think it developed a tight spot as the clutch pedal started to vibrate back and forth with much rattling. The tensioner pulley was a bit loose as well. All ok now.

• Like 2

Shynon
6 hours ago, WHX20 said:

Scored this set of meats for a ridiculous price that I can't say lest you guys have twinkies. Have no idea what tractor they are going on but rest assured they will see the ground. Immediately started some rims to mount them on. Six ply skid steer in 23-8.50-12 and heavy. 

20180927_170237.jpg

20180927_165009.jpg

Those might look pretty sweet on my loader :ychain:

• Haha 5

PeacemakerJack

Those R-4 tires would look great on a loader tractor for sure!  Have them ready to go for your plow day and we can experiment with them.  Those are stout tires for sure.  Glad to see that you snagged them...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
10 hours ago, WHX20 said:

20180927_170237.jpg

20180927_165009.jpg

Jim, those look really close to what I replaced the front turfs on the Kioti with, they are really heavy because of FEL use, they don't "wrinkle" like LGT AG type tires also from experiences with the Kioti and eMax the R-4s are between full on R-1s and turfs for traction, good luck with them.

Screenshot_20180928-094911.png

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Yes they have some rubber to them. Imagine if you were to load them! Little overkill for the horses I have but the price was such I just couldn't turn them down. I checked & they retail for about 100 at a tire shop so really no worse than a same size Tru-Power and way less then Firestone Flotation 23s. They are the same tire Jeffrey...made in India on the sidewall. Unique step tread on the back of the lugs.

19 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

because of FEL use

and skid steer...

• Like 2

19richie66

Nice @pfrederi

Started trying to get the Eaton 1100 transaxle ready for the axle swap. First hub slid off with little persuasion, the second one...... not having it. Letting it sit out in the sun and heat up. Heat usually works right? :laughing-rolling: Lord knows it’s hot enough outside. And yes, I know if I had fine a threaded shaft in the puller it would work better but you use what you got around here. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

09B565F0-A190-44D2-B29D-1A44E417F02E.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 7
  • Excellent 2

WHX??
1 hour ago, pfrederi said:

don't normally try to make them look nice...just work well.  This one didn't come out to bad

Old saying with the biker crowd I run with... Chrome don't git ya home.... Looks real respectable to me.

• Like 4