Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

TonyToro
12 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

B 100 is back in business!   Transmission works great and  tractor going to get it's mower back on soon!

Changing that drive belt on these automatics however is certainly not as easy as a manual transmission Wheel Horse.   Everything has to be jus so so as the belt cover goes on !

031.JPG

030.JPG

047.JPG

054.JPG

056.JPG

075.JPG

077.JPG

074.JPG

073.JPG

076.JPG

072.mp4

What brand rear tires are those? 

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

Tony Toro:  They are Sears tires  from an older Sears tractor.  I bought from a friend for $20 and they are pretty nice!

• Thanks 1

ericj

wheel horse used similar tires size of 22x7.50x8 on a lot of the cheaper tractors, mostly ones with the 1" rear axles. 310-8, 312-8, B100's, SB421, SK486 and I'm sure I'm missing a few others. looks good all the same 

eric j

• Like 1

CountryRock

Puttered with my non-running GT2500 for a few minutes today.  Working on getting the engine ready to pull so I can open it up and investigate why it won't turn all the way over.  Flywheel, starter and carb need to come off and then I can wash all the gunk off and pull it.

IMG_20180916_170706439_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Daron1965

Gave them a bath. :rolleyes:

IMG_20180916_173716.jpg

IMG_20180916_173502.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

TonyToro
10 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

Tony Toro:  They are Sears tires  from an older Sears tractor.  I bought from a friend for $20 and they are pretty nice!

Thank you. I’ll have to look around for a pair. They look like they should have some good traction and pull well. 

• Like 1

WHX??

Hey Lane @Lane Ranger whats the story on the seat on that B-100... Looks nice. 

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, CountryRock said:

Puttered with my non-running GT2500 for a few minutes today.  Working on getting the engine ready to pull so I can open it up and investigate why it won't turn all the way over.  Flywheel, starter and carb need to come off and then I can wash all the gunk off and pull it.

IMG_20180916_170706439_HDR.jpg

I see you have the prerequisite tool set for puling an engine, two BFH tools!        :ychain:

• Haha 2

Lane Ranger
13 minutes ago, WHX20 said:

Hey Lane @Lane Ranger whats the story on the seat on that B-100... Looks nice. 

The B100 seat is a replacement Michigan Seat Co seat from Northern Tool.  But it was purchased seven or eight years ago when I first owned this tractor.  Sold this to my neighbor who used it to mow for seven years and I bought it back when the rear transmission (axle needle bearing) failed.  Not sure if Northern Tlolstill sells these seats.  Michigan Seat co was the original Wheel Horse supplier. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Thanks Lane will check out NT.... that seat would look nice on a couple of my 60's worker horses that have originals that are pretty good shape. I should get them off and preserve them from further wear. 

• Like 1

CountryRock
30 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I see you have the prerequisite tool set for puling an engine, two BFH tools!        :ychain:

Lol, that was just to get the pulley off, and one is plastic.

• Haha 1

WHX??

Got this 3 speed on the operating table for a 1055 project. Slot hitch pin is gonna be a real problem and input pulley coming off is gonna give me grief. Finally got the hitch to move on the pin but froze solid in the case halves and of course can't split till that is out. Not looking forward to the innards once I do get her split. Last pic of the custom anti-water shift boot and this girl sat outside for years! 2nd pic is of a PO weld who was thinking of what? Welding the hitch solid? :huhs:

20180916_193701.jpg

20180916_193740.jpg

20170601_172213.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Daron1965

I just added another thing that I can do with duct tape.  :text-lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Daron1965

Pulled the 120 out of garage.  Hooked up to trailer.  Pulled some wood to have a little campfire.  Love the cooler temperatures.  

Happy first day of fall to everyone. 

IMG_20180922_122005.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Well I jumped on the Patriot Horse B80 this morning to back it out of the shed to make room to work on other things like the 1267 and the transmission for the cinnamon horse c-160.

I was going to compact a little bit of soil using the very heavy weight of the tractor.

Got it backed out of the way and around the corner and it died.

it was turning over and I had gas so I started poking around at the ignition system.

Watched a video or two.

Read a few posts on this amazing website.

Got out the old DVOM and figured out after testing that of course - the last thing - that I check, the coil, is bad.

I took a few coils out of the pile of auction parts and tested them across the board and I found that one of those was also bad and it is now set aside. I took one of the good ones and put it on the tractor and poof! Running tractor.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

Always nice to have spare parts!

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, 19richie66 said:

Always nice to have spare parts!

Overall I would definitely agree with that. Right now I seem to have spares for my spares so some of this stuff is going to have to find a new home. I'm in the process of putting together a list and hoping to get most of it done by today and tomorrow.

• Like 1

19richie66

I understand that. I have too much with nowhere to put it all. I just sold a cub cadet deck and carrier and have to deliver a Wheelhorse deck to a guy in the neighborhood. Yes there is actually another Wheelhorse guy in my neighborhood. 👍

• Like 2

Lane Ranger
1 hour ago, Daron1965 said:

Pulled the 120 out of garage.  Hooked up to trailer.  Pulled some wood to have a little campfire.  Love the cooler temperatures.  

Happy first day of fall to everyone. 

IMG_20180922_122005.jpg

A Classic Wheel Horse Photo !

• Like 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Need a :wh: decal on that cart Daron and your in like flint!

• Like 1

Daron1965

1 hour ago, WHX20 said:

Need a :wh: decal on that cart

I totally agree.  Just have not got around to ordering them yet. 

• Like 1

WHX??

:angry-nono::ychain:

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Thanks to the help I got from some members in another thread...

I was able to add a regulator and replace nearly all of the wiring in our 1267.

Both the starter/generator and regulator are from other brand engines.

The regulator is temporarily held in place by some super hd zipties. If it works ok I'll get a couple very large hose clamps.

@squonk that muffler sounds great !

Next step is to replace the diaphragm or whole fuel pump. (Nasty leak).

Then flush and fill the rear axle.

Then.... Runnitt !!!

IMG_20180922_200001603.jpg.aca05538e2c1027f090f6750cb62886f.jpg

IMG_20180922_195951765.jpg.7f063754351aaa09e44b1004d066e5c8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Tuneup

Nice to live the dry, cool fall up in western PA? I remember fall in NW NJ growing up - miss that air and the colors. Bring some of that down to Atlanta. Approaching 90 for the past several weeks and no rain. Humid - and the blasted mosquitos!

I've been wanting to give the old rescued C120 some TLC - have elected not to restore her but am sure that will change. I say "red-necked" down here affectionately but it still means a quick fix with whatever is around and that with poor attention to detail. So, on to today - replacing those front spindles with a set that actually point forward. The right side item was re-welded in redneck fashion for a noticeable toe-in plow effect. eBay actually had a very reasonable set of cottered NOS with hardware and they arrived Friday - sweetness. This gave me a chance to put them on the '80 C125 and to put its scored, cir-clipped set on the 120. I do like the old bolted spindles on the '76 though. I now have one of those as a spare. It also highlighted a loosened tie rod end on the 125. Pulled an old mounted tire laying around and replaced the 2 day flat one. Good times in the garage with those two side-by-side.

The 120 is blowing some smoke but the engine is very strong. I have it on the red-neck line that it was bored .020 over but the piston gives no indication. I'm thinking the machine will be restore-ville next year. Already went through the trans. That, and we're moving a little more north into the GA mountains so I'm expecting to encounter added creativity in tractor preservation - and the genuine sweetness of people that is nearly forgotten round here. Used to buy milk and have a 10 minute conversation with the cashier who you did not know. Today, all business.

I'm tearing into an old rednecked 36" deck that was on the 120 if anyone wants a part or three. She's rusted through, drastically cut and welded to make her side discharge and frozen. Sigh.

Daron1965

Wife and I where talking about her wanting a herb garden next year. :think: So out to get the 312 and go plowing.  She said small,  I made it small.  Went over it 3 ways.  I'm happy, wife's happy,  and 312 is happy. :greetings-clappingyellow:

IMG_20180923_164148.jpg

IMG_20180923_164224.jpg

Edited by Daron1965
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 5