Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Daron1965

Brought in another trailer load of pumpkins with the 312 8.  

Tinkered on the 655 with a predator motor..my misfit tractor. 

IMG_20180826_184420.jpg

IMG_20180826_184438.jpg

• Like 9

Mows4three

Pumpkins?  Wow.   Where did this summer go to?   Seems like I was just cleaning maple seeds out of the gutters this spring and I'm already seeing leaves starting to drop and corn turning yellow.   This year sure was different......   for sure!

Nice looking front clip on that Chevy, by the way!

Dave

Latrobe, PA

• Like 2

Daron1965
2 hours ago, Mows4three said:

Thank you.   It sort of been placed on the back burner with my new wheelhorse addiction :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

oneroadkingman

Order my wheel stud kit from Maynard and got it over the weekend now it's time to install them thanks Bob

• Like 1

ebinmaine
11 hours ago, Mows4three said:

9 hours ago, Daron1965 said:

Thank you.   It sort of been placed on the back burner with my new wheelhorse addiction :D

Hey... Uuhhhhh Daron....

How's about some info-mation on that Chevy???

Maybe a pic or two.

You just can't show us bunch of 5 year olds a picture like that and expect us not to want to know what's going on....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mows4three

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

• Like 1

WHX??

Wow Lane... those HLs just don't look right on that tractor tho.... I best come get them!:lol:

Edited by WHX20
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

cleat

That looks really good.

Better than a pristine chrome on that tractor I think.

Good work.

Cleat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Worked on tearing down the franken 1055 and found the tank had a 1/8" barb nipple and  this on the hood stand. Gotta give the PO a A for creative thinking!

20180828_174736[1].jpg

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, WHX20 said:

Gotta give the PO a A for creative thinking!

I had one here like that too...

WHX??

Interesting EB ..Dan @Achto reports see another one where this had been done. The OEM 1/8" npt x 1/4" cock was changed to a 1/4x/14 barb one. Any chance this was a dealer thing in the day or just coincidence?? It's actually not a bad idea..... much easier to get at.

Edited by WHX20
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, WHX20 said:

Any chance this was a dealer thing in the day or just coincidence?? It's actually not a bad idea..... much easier to get at.

I've wondered that same thing.

My honey and I are in the habit of turning off the gas on all of our small engine machines whenever possible and this definitely does make it a lot easier.

WHX??
14 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

habit of turning off the gas

I should be too, couple of times a leak from a stuck float made a nice hole in expensive asphalt. Back in the day it became 2nd nature to turn off the gas on the leak prone Harley.

• Like 1

Dakota
32 minutes ago, WHX20 said:

Interesting EB ..Dan @Achto reports see another one where this had been done. The OEM 1/8" npt x 1/4" cock was changed to a 1/4x/14 barb one. Any chance this was a dealer thing in the day or just coincidence?? It's actually not a bad idea..... much easier to get at.

My 73’ no name has the same thing, except it’s missing a few of the parts seen in his pic. The PO just ran a new fuel line straight from the tank to the pump so I’m not sure how it’s suppose to be setup.

WHX??
Just now, Dakota said:

ran a new fuel line straight from the tank to the pump so

Doesn't surprise me I have been tempted to do that my self. these petcocks are prone to leak with age and many opening/closings. If one doesn't have to stay original  which I am in the habit to do one can just add one of these in a convenient spot..Say just ahead of the fuel filter for easy changes.

briggs-stratton-engines-engine-parts-698183-64_1000.jpg

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Dakota said:

My 73’ no name has the same thing, except it’s missing a few of the parts seen in his pic. The PO just ran a new fuel line straight from the tank to the pump so I’m not sure how it’s suppose to be setup.

I can't actually remember if it was on my b80 or c 160 but both of them are 1974 model year.

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, WHX20 said:

Doesn't surprise me I have been tempted to do that my self. these petcocks are prone to leak with age and many opening/closings. If one doesn't have to stay original  which I am in the habit to do one can just add one of these in a convenient spot..Say just ahead of the fuel filter for easy changes.

briggs-stratton-engines-engine-parts-698183-64_1000.jpg

Exactly what I did on my b.

chip61

My 73 no name had that setup too but I had to remove it because the shut-off valve started leaking. I replaced it with one of those inline shutoffs too. I couldn't figure out where all my fuel was going since I was shutting it off because I wouldn't see the tractor again for a couple weeks. One day I went back after a couple hours and saw it dripping

• Excellent 1

TonyToro

Finally came up with a name for the GT-1100 pulling tractor.

IMG_4402.JPG

• Like 1

CountryRock

Ran the GT2500 around the yard today to get the seafoam running through it some more.  The air filters and air cleaner cover showed up so I put those on too.  So much fun just zipping around in 3rd gear.  I'll run it a few more times before I pull the carb to rebuild it.  Also cut the lawn with the 246H.

IMG_20180901_144814603_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Met up with a few of the :wh: men at the Montgomery NY tractor parade today.  :text-woo:

20180901_113102.jpg.cf0f0e43945456c3624bf40ee489129d.jpg20180901_113649.jpg.6e88f64c581058c8e3f396375c15cfb2.jpg20180901_113129.jpg.0395852fcfee85fbe4405291542d8d75.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Machineguy

Looks like a good time! 

• Like 2