Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

19richie66

Well if you did it today, it’s in the right place. 👍. I’ll be waiting!

• Haha 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, Bear G said:

New here. Posted in wrong place.

Dont see where I can delete.. sorry.

If you go to the upper right corner you will find"Report Post"  Click on it and ask to have it moved where it should be.

• Like 3

ztnoo

Barry,

In your post towards the bottom left you'll see four things:

+     Quote     Edit     Options  v

Click on Edit or Options and go from there with whatever choice you desire.

That should get you where you want to go.

As I told you before, I work from a PC. I don't know how it all views on a smartphone.

Regards,

Steve

TonyToro

Installed the hub on the Raider 12 from a terrific member. Thank you Shuboxlover.

IMG_4273.JPG

IMG_4277.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine

@TonyToro

You look a little younger than I expected...

• Haha 5

TonyToro
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

@TonyToro

You look a little younger than I expected...

Lol

That is the owner and driver of that high performance pulling machine. He broke it, he had to fix it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, TonyToro said:

Lol

That is the owner and driver of that high performance pulling machine. He broke it, he had to fix it.

Ooooo.....

I LOVE that !!!

That's fantastic. Fair is fair. Teach them young.

You want to play with big toys? Yes! Absolutely. And you can fix them too.

• Like 3

Racinbob

I was 'forced' to wait until this coming Monday to get a dumpster set in the drive for my next major remodel so I decided to see if I could get the transmission opened up on the 854 I picked up at the show. For the past month I've been soaking the hitch pin and brake drum. 

The brake drum was missing the retaining clip but was seized so bad it didn't need it. It fought me bad the entire way off the shaft but I finally got it.

5b732c84cbea5_854trans0814181.JPG.55bb64df956ad99c3bf87daede35fe15.JPG

For the first time ever I gave up on the hitch pin and cut it off. Fortunately it was seized on the hitch more that the case. The remains of the pin drove out fairly easy.

5b732cee1c5d4_854trans0814182.JPG.4c6765edf0df83b4a6d1a4b11cd05054.JPG

5b732d5b0da0d_854trans0814183.JPG.27d64ba37dbb3ae3750e442d89332cbc.JPG

When I drained this it only had, at the most, about 1/4 cup of sludgy oil in it. I feared the worse for what I'd find but my fears didn't come true. It was in great condition including the inner teeth on the 3523 gear and all the bearings.

5b732dcdafed5_854trans0814184.JPG.fb34c68169c28d1bfe95dbce0c4f15f1.JPG

There was in/out play on the input shaft when the shifter was in the 3rd gear detents so I shimmed it to eliminate that. It had the first style shift rails so I replaced them with a second generation set with the flats to help with the suction thing. I didn't have a set of the newer style with the deeper neutral detent so I decided to settle with what I had. I but I want to get new case bolts. The ones I took out are pretty cruddy.   :D

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 6
  • Thanks 1

Lane Ranger

I had the same kind of locked pin on my 854 this summer  also Bob.   

I had my welder remove the hitch pin on my 854 before the Big Show in June. 

015.JPG.d1de591ffe38be385269f0236146f74d.JPG 

My  welder said he had to heat that thing about 12 times before he could remove it!

016.JPG

• Like 2

WHX??
27 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

seized so bad

Usually a leaky seal will keep that from happening.

Same here with a recent hitch on a 1077 Bob. mine was even stuck in the case so drilled a hole for a future zerk in and kept at it with blaster.... finally got it out. To save the sleeve I started small and drilled larger to get the remains of the pin to collapse. Moral of the story fellas pins can be easily made, cases not!

BTW :handgestures-thumbupright: on the tranny stand!

• Like 3

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, WHX20 said:

:handgestures-thumbupright: on the tranny stand!

I'll second that

@Racinbob I'm curious to know what you used for Hardware to set that up?

Racinbob
26 minutes ago, WHX20 said:

Usually a leaky seal will keep that from happening.

Yup, but this is all that came out when I drained it a couple weeks ago. Nothing to leak. This machine has been neglected terribly. I found several things before I bought it and many more after I got her home. Rest assured I'll get her nursed back to good health. :)

5b7341325887d_854transdrailoil.JPG.81caadd9e783ed2343d1703d63163854.JPG

26 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm curious to know what you used for Hardware to set that up?

Pretty simple. 3/8" rod and nuts. The cart is an old generator frame. I simply laid out for the four holes using a gasket. I adjust the nuts up to clear the rod when scraping the old gasket and down to let the rod protrude to hold the new gasket in place. :)

• Excellent 5

WHX??
14 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

many more after I got her home

Who hasn't found those issues on a new to us! I've come to expect those so the cussing ain't so loud when I find them ...except for shot axle keyways! :angry-cussingblack:

• Like 2

Chris G
1 hour ago, WHX20 said:

the cussing ain't so loud when I find them ...except for shot axle keyways!

I second this. I find it very frustrating when u see a wobbly hub and it has destroyed the key way cause the Previous owner did not want to tighten it up. 

• Like 1

EricF
2 hours ago, Racinbob said:

Yup, but this is all that came out when I drained it a couple weeks ago. Nothing to leak. This machine has been neglected terribly. I found several things before I bought it and many more after I got her home. Rest assured I'll get her nursed back to good health. :)

5b7341325887d_854transdrailoil.JPG.81caadd9e783ed2343d1703d63163854.JPG

Pretty simple. 3/8" rod and nuts. The cart is an old generator frame. I simply laid out for the four holes using a gasket. I adjust the nuts up to clear the rod when scraping the old gasket and down to let the rod protrude to hold the new gasket in place. :)

It's a testament to how tough these machines are, when they can be abused and neglected and still be repairable. :thumbs:

Edited by EricF
  • Like 4

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, Racinbob said:

1" seal. I found a place where I could get 6 of them for $15.00 shipped. 

Would you care to share that location? Either here or PM me is fine.

Dadlife520H

Got this thing moving under its own power for the first time last night.  Kids had a blast cruising around the yard.  It needs about 43 things to be right...but it ran well, so that's a plus:auto-swerve:

IMG_2950.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
45 minutes ago, Dadlife520H said:

needs about 43 things to...

Hahaha.....

Well, Silver Lining, at least it is not 44 things.

You know. Because. That would be a lot.

• Haha 3

Tach-a-matic

the ground is soft so tried this and it worked okay

IMG_7325.jpg

• Like 2

ohiofarmer

Got the Raider 10 put back together after removing the transmission to replace the broken dog point screw for the shifter.  Having a table lift that raises to 42" really helps the knees. Changed out the gear oil while I was at it. R&R'd the deck and the luxury of standing beside it during assembly brings a smile to an old man's face.

That rig is a little tank! No mower I ever had will take down the tall grass like that little machine. I went to load it up on the trailer and the truck died after going only ten feet. Some sort of sensor for the turbo. I am gonna drive the tractor two miles to mow the tall mess of grass tomorrow. Finally a rain free day coming..

Gonna take the mother of all leaf blowers to manage the waste grass blowing it to the tree line. Wish me luck.

• Like 3

rjg854

Good luck!

• Like 1

squonk
19 hours ago, Tach-a-matic said:

the ground is soft so tried this and it worked okay

IMG_7325.jpg

Somewhere a soccer mom is chasing you for stealing her flower bed edging and exercise equipment. wavey.gif.ef1fd542d76cd3f0bb0fff8a39fc0b2a.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

953 nut
On 8/14/2018 at 3:56 PM, Racinbob said:

The brake drum was missing the retaining clip but was seized so bad it didn't need it. It fought me bad the entire way off the shaft but I finally got it.

5b732c84cbea5_854trans0814181.JPG.55bb64df956ad99c3bf87daede35fe15.JPG

:text-coolphotos:           I had this problem and found that a couple of "Pickle Forks" and a BFH tool will get the job done. 

Image result for pickle fork tool

PS, love the transmission repair stand too.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

rjg854
On 8/2/2018 at 7:00 PM, rjg854 said:

:bitch::ranting: been trying since last week end to get the brake drum off so I can change the oil seal :angry-banghead:

The hub came off without any issues. I've tried pb blaster, heat, wax, oil, carb cleaner.  BFHs, crowbars, pullers, impact wrench and even a grinder to be sure the end of the shaft hasn't mushroomed. :tools-hammerdrill:  I  haven't given up yet, but, it may come down to cutting the :orcs-censored: thing off.

I've moved it in and out on the shaft from the snap clip to the end of the shaft a couple of times but it just won't go any further than that :rant2:

I finally got that brake drum off  YEE HAA  I've been working at this for over a month now, off and on, what a bugger its been. But I wasn't going to let it beat me.  Hopefully I haven't hurt anything internally, I'll find out tomorrow when I put it back together once I replace the oil seal.  That's how this whole process started, I just wanted to fix the leaking seal.:text-lol:

• Like 3

ebinmaine
20 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

working at this for over a month now,

Well played sir.