Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

joskuk

Went up the hill to our shed to pull out the A-90. Trying to figure out what is wrong with the rear end (it won't move, need to take a look at it), then I need to get it all cleaned up and sell it. The Briggs in it runs great.

Looks pretty small next to the 416 haha.

IMG_0023.jpg

• Like 2

953 nut
18 minutes ago, joskuk said:

Trying to figure out what is wrong with the rear end (it won't move,

If it is below freezing my guess would be some water in the transmission fluid.

joskuk
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

If it is below freezing my guess would be some water in the transmission fluid.

It has been a couple years since it moved under it's own power. Plus I don't think you can even change the transmission fluid in the A-90s, could be wrong... But it wasn't working in the summer either, the drive belt would spin fine but the tractor wouldn't move. Can't remember what the pulleys were like under that tractor.

PeacemakerJack

Both nice rigs for sure but this plow dog is all about that first pic and the freshly turned soil:greetings-clappingyellow: 

I can’t wait to get my Brinly in the dirt...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

cschannuth
1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Both nice rigs for sure but this plow dog is all about that first pic and the freshly turned soil:greetings-clappingyellow: 

I can’t seem to get my Brinly set right. It just won’t plow very deep. I’ve adjusted it til the cows come home and it just doesn’t cut a very deep or wide furrow and it doesn’t turn over as well as I would like it. I can barely fit the front tire in the furrow much less the fat rears. Today I even tried plowing in third gear thinking the speed would turn it more. It did, but it still didn’t really make a nice clean, wide, deep cut. 

I still had fun though and the little tractor/plow setup gets lots of attention trailering through town. 

PeacemakerJack
4 minutes ago, cschannuth said:

I can’t seem to get my Brinly set right. It just won’t plow very deep. I’ve adjusted it til the cows come home and it just doesn’t cut a very deep or wide furrow and it doesn’t turn over as well as I would like it. I can barely fit the front tire in the furrow much less the fat rears...

There is a lot that I could say here from the various things that I’ve learned plowing with GT’s but I don’t want to get too far off topic. Next time you plow, see if someone is available to take a video of it and post it.  I like watching plowing videos but also I might have a few pointers from what myself and/or my plow dog buddies have learned...

You certainly have a sweet plow rig and it doesn’t surprise me that it draws attention while trailering across town!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
7 hours ago, cschannuth said:

The weather cooperated so I plowed a buddy’s garden  

0F6F1F5C-1BB9-470C-8C1F-A6ACB4A96225.jpeg.3b60b184faa0be3dca1afdfa18cbd27d.jpeg

Calander material right there 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

........Next time you plow, see if someone is available to take a video of it and post it.  I like watching plowing videos but also I might have a few pointers from what myself and/or my plow dog buddies have learned...

@cschannuth

That would be an interesting thread...

pfrederi

Put the snow horses down for their long summer nap and brought out the summer horses. 

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

• Like 8

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: What is the size of your  :wh: storage bldg shown here? 

• Haha 2

WHX??

Appears to be  a 20 X not big enough! :lol:

• Haha 2

Goldann520

@WVHillbilly520H, @elcamino/wheelhorse, @953 nut, please tell me these weights were not filled with sand.😣 came off the 414 I just sold and was cleaning them up today and this metallic sand is pouring out at all the cracks. Are these worthless? Doesn't look like fine cement. Thanks 

20180426_174618.jpg

20180426_174632.jpg

• Sad 2

WVHillbilly520H
55 minutes ago, Goldann520 said:

@WVHillbilly520H, @elcamino/wheelhorse, @953 nut, please tell me these weights were not filled with sand.😣 came off the 414 I just sold and was cleaning them up today and this metallic sand is pouring out at all the cracks. Are these worthless? Doesn't look like fine cement. Thanks 

20180426_174618.jpg

20180426_174632.jpg

Yup, sand other than the :wh: symbol they're just pretty much like any other plastic shell wheel like on my dad's CC 1200...JB Weld may help close up those cracks though

IMAG4059.jpg

• Like 1

squonk

Same as those plastic weight lifting eq. 

Racinbob

????? Mine are filled with concrete. :)

WHX??

Got real old reaching under the hood on the 753 for the choke so threw on a new cable... cheapy but works! Will have to do till my great great great grand kids resto it or Hank @JPWH figures out how to retro early '60s knobs on! 

20180426_174920.jpg

20180426_174930.jpg

• Like 7

WHX??

Did  I mention generations beyond Dells? Remind me to leave a link in my will to that jeep cable...the projects  i got goin on fer now she gets a generic and worked!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Vinylguy

Tipped a few cold ones myself lane.  

Got the commando out to the lake.

New pulley working great. Greased 

It up and ready for summer. Got my new hitch from lowell installed and hoping to get a good lawn sweeper for it. Also got all the fresh mulch spread and added lattice  to the deck. 

20180427_165407.jpg.2a779c8147289498495ba48cfc13aa7e.jpg

Edited by Vinylguy
  • Like 9

RandyLittrell
On 4/26/2018 at 2:34 PM, pfrederi said:

Put the snow horses down for their long summer nap and brought out the summer horses. 

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

That 310-8 looks good with white wheels and 8" ers up front!! 

1985 model? 

Randy

• Like 2

pfrederi
16 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

That 310-8 looks good with white wheels and 8" ers up front!! 

1985 model? 

Randy

Yes a 1985.  I live out in the country and most the land I have is bumpy.  The bigger wheels make her ride much better

• Like 3

CountryRock

Finished the head work on my 246H today.  Reseated and staked the exhaust valve guides, lapped the valves on cylinder 2 head, new valve seals all around.  Got the heads reinstalled with new head gaskets.  Just need to do a final check on the valve adjustment, put the new exhaust gasket on cylinder 2, new intake gaskets on both sides, hook up a couple linkages for the throttle/governor and get all the shrouds back on and fire it up.  Hopefully no other issues will show up, then I can concentrate on the pto clutch and mounting new tires.

• Like 1

cschannuth
On 4/24/2018 at 9:13 PM, PeacemakerJack said:

I do have a question for you, Jack. How fast should I be traveling when I am plowing? Hi range second gear, higher range third gear? I’m just curious what is most common. Thanks for the help.