Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

This Boy and his family “ain’t goin’ anywhere’s taday!” This WI springtime identity crisis is a bummer...

C0A29FDB-BB1A-4537-B3B2-C5BC0E3DD521.jpeg.06d87f67dc599e6590792fc5f139f5ea.jpeg

Not sure if I’ll blow snow tonight or in the morning but it will have to be done at some point...

The positive part is more :wh: seat time and a fun family day!  Stay safe my Wisconsin and neighboring state affected buddies...

Us too man. Ice and a little snow here today.

Winter.

Won't.

Let.

Go.

• Sad 3

AMC RULES

Was 82 degrees here yesterday, applying Terry's new decal...

IMG_8177.JPG.9a5bd165a15ae00b452190ca3e8d2e05.JPG

...while this morning's temp is 39, wind chill feels like 33 chilly degrees. 

Overnight snow in the forecast here again, later on this week.   :angry-screaming:

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Shynon
17 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

This WI springtime identity crisis is a bummer...

Yea ain't that the truth. I like winter but this just has to end. 

30708313_1476819172441564_5403269583336163150_n.jpg

• Haha 6

Sarge
15 hours ago, Aldon said:

Well they are calling for up to an inch of ice here so I finally quit procrastinating and set up house to connect to the Generator I have had for over a year and a half.

Side benefit that I had to mount the restored deck on the restored C160 8 speed:-)

It getting colder by the minute but it warms me to look at the beast. Now if Spring would ever get here I could try the combo out.

Since I finally spent half the afternoon setting up the generator the storm is almost certain to skirt past us or be a non issue. Murphy must be a huge fan of mine:-)

F93EF87A-0A1C-44BF-AE4B-CA78E8DC90A9.jpeg.8360315178f958e1541dac7a2dd3d85c.jpeg816073AC-7A05-4DB6-A85C-84E04632824F.jpeg.80853880125f360b8e4461c77ef20e5e.jpeg

How well does that HF Predator generator seem to be built?  I need one about that size range for portable welding work on occasion, as well as power outages and such. I know so far that V-twin is holding a pretty good track record and if it did fail it wouldn't be too bad to upgrade it to another brand of engine later if necessary. I almost bought one the last time I was at the local store but was in a hurry and they didn't have one out to inspect the build quality. My biggest concern would be how honest the specs are on the generator side - most are pretty inflated and won't handle hard loads.

Sarge

• Like 1

953 nut

5ad3e54a461b4_Diewinterdie.jpg.1d2ed3c11debbf33bab1a1c0b7c3a623.jpg

• Haha 5

Rp.wh

Awesome video @PeacemakerJack and @Coulter Caleb i am all on board with the wet heavy snow sense i got around 2 ft of it here, the 416 struggled i didnt realized it was 2 feet until i step out in it

20180415_160056.png

• Like 6

WHX??

Nice Vid Josh.....you guys got way more then we did. I gotta get my deuce rollin that thing really flings it! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat: you said it Jim!  I’m still thanking Jeff  @WVHillbilly520H for his suggestion on those paddle “extensions”...they really seem to work well.  Even with the heavy stuff, it was an easy 35 ft of throwing distance, maybe further working with the wind.  You will love it, especially since you have that great cab. 

Ryan @Rp.wh that is about what I had on the south side of my garage as shown on the video.  Thankfully mine wasn’t that deep everywhere!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

stevebo

I changed the drive belt in my C195, changed the oil and buffed it. I also changed the oil in my 522xi with the loader and buffed it. No pics tho...

WVHillbilly520H
6 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

:text-yeahthat: you said it Jim!  I’m still thanking Jeff  @WVHillbilly520H for his suggestion on those paddle “extensions”...they really seem to work well.  Even with the heavy stuff, it was an easy 35 ft of throwing distance, maybe further working with the wind.  You will love it, especially since you have that great cab. 

Ryan @Rp.wh that is about what I had on the south side of my garage as shown on the video.  Thankfully mine wasn’t that deep everywhere!!!

I'm sure that solid lower chute guard helps as well, had that on my single stage before the deuce and it made a difference on it, Jeff.

• Like 3

Stealth126

Got the carb kit in the mail today. Put it in and she fired up for the first time in years. A puff of smoke and she was off. No smoke after that. Sold it as soon as it started. On to the next one. Is there a better feeling than bringing one back to life? Almost couldn't sell it.

• Like 3

Brian Anderson

Just finished mounting rebuilt and painted engine to the 653. And it fired up as well (bonus.) Restoration almost complete. My daughter is ready to go needless to say. Another snowy day in PA tomorrow. Going to bring mower deck down and get it ready. Does anyone happen to know what size the belt is from the motor to the deck on 653?

A424225C-112A-4CDE-81DE-913FDB4CAA76.jpeg

• Excellent 8

RandyLittrell
On 4/15/2018 at 8:38 AM, Sarge said:

How well does that HF Predator generator seem to be built?  I need one about that size range for portable welding work on occasion, as well as power outages and such. I know so far that V-twin is holding a pretty good track record and if it did fail it wouldn't be too bad to upgrade it to another brand of engine later if necessary. I almost bought one the last time I was at the local store but was in a hurry and they didn't have one out to inspect the build quality. My biggest concern would be how honest the specs are on the generator side - most are pretty inflated and won't handle hard loads.

Sarge

I have been admiring that C-160 next to the generator for a couple of days and just noticed @Aldon 's GT-14 in the background!! You picked up some nice rides Sarge!!!!

Randy

• Haha 2

Aldon
2 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

I have been admiring that C-160 next to the generator for a couple of days and just noticed @Aldon 's GT-14 in the background!! You picked up some nice rides Sarge!!!!

Randy

Sarge quoted my post.

so I still have those tractors.

Sarge, The Predator Generator has been great but I can’t say how durable as I’ve not run it very much. But from research it appears to be a decent generator. Especially as it’s less costly and I can swap another predator in if need be.

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
3 minutes ago, Aldon said:

Sarge quoted my post.

so I still have those tractors.

Sarge, The Predator Generator has been great but I can’t say how durable as I’ve not run it very much. But from research it appears to be a decent generator. Especially as it’s less costly and I can swap another predator in if need be.

I am a little slow sometimes, totally missed it. Guess I was lookin at the Horse's!!

I remember the poll now, again, a little slow! You made good choices on what to keep sir! 

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Like 1

Aldon

@RandyLittrell

Thanks for the compliment though!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

totally missed it. Guess I was lookin at the Horse's!!

That makes it ok. 

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack
10 hours ago, Brian Anderson said:

Just finished mounting rebuilt and painted engine to the 653. And it fired up as well (bonus.) Restoration almost complete. My daughter is ready to go needless to say...

A424225C-112A-4CDE-81DE-913FDB4CAA76.jpeg

That is a sharp looking tractor and a cute little kid!  Do you have a thread started to document the restoration of the 653?  If not, you should start one in the restorations section of the forum—looks like you are doing a good job and passing it on to the next generation!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 3

Sarge

Thanks for the info on the Predator - I like options later when things can fail. My interest in generators north of 10,000 watts is driven by power tools and welders - almost would rather go that route than buying a very expensive engine drive and having a dedicated welding rig truck or pulling a trailer for one. One of these days I need to finish my welding trailer and compressor build, but that is a separate unit. Besides, the generator would come in handy for small portable jobs and when our power goes out. Beats freezing to death in Northern Illinois...

Sarge

• Like 3

Ian_Courts

Only a little thing, fitted combined tacho/hour meter today :-)

20180417_192022.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

cafoose
56 minutes ago, Ian_Courts said:

Only a little thing, fitted combined tacho/hour meter today :-)

20180417_192022.jpg

Where did you get that meter? Looks like a good idea! :handgestures-thumbupright:

19richie66

Very nice.

Ian_Courts
2 hours ago, cafoose said:

Where did you get that meter?

@cafoose it's just a cheap one off fleabay, cost about 6 bucks.

Edited by Ian_Courts
  • Thanks 2