Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

19richie66

Prod all you want. :teasing-neener:  I might just take my toys and go home   :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 5

ohiofarmer

Well, today I started up the Raider 10.  The grass is turning very green and I am itching to roll it. It appears that the gasoline storage additive did its job well as the little Kohler idled very nicely after a long rest.

My wife wanted me to paint the lawn chairs, so i looked at it as an opportunity to dial in a new paint gun to paint 16 wheels for the herd.

• Like 5

Stealth126

Hey guys. Got my first Wheel Horse just over a month ago and already working on my first project tractor. Got a smooth running 1067 (profile pic) that just needed to be cleaned up. So easy to work on and tinker with, that I picked up a non-running C-81 for 50 bucks to work on. Just got the wiring harness all hooked up and tore apart the carburetor and fuel pump yesterday. Waiting on kits in the mail and hopefully it will be up and running.

C-81.jpg

Edited by Stealth126
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 1

ohiofarmer
4 hours ago, Stealth126 said:

Hey guys. Got my first Wheel Horse just over a month ago and already working on my first project tractor. Got a smooth running 1067 (profile pic) that just needed to be cleaned up. So easy to work on and tinker with, that I picked up a non-running C-81 for 50 bucks to work on. Just got the wiring harness all hooked up and tore apart the carburetor and fuel pump yesterday. Waiting on kits in the mail and hopefully it will be up and running.

And so the addiction begins.......

4 hours ago, Stealth126 said:

C-81.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mogracer

I took it for it's first ride since finishing a total restoration.  It ran perfectly :>)

• Like 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, Mogracer said:

I took it for it's first ride since finishing a total restoration.  It ran perfectly :>)

:WRS:                 What model :wh: do you have?      :wwp:

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Got the B80 out of the winter hibernation position in the workshop. 

Started right up.

It was not willing to idle down so I commenced to poking around and discovered the governor to be somewhat crapped up.

Removed the arm. Clean. Scrape. Degrease. Install.

It works!

Sweeet.

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

Stealth126

Got the wiring straightened out tonight and put a fuel pump kit in. Pumps fuel now. Just need to put the carburetor kit in on Saturday and change the oil before I try to fire it up.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

I had picked up an old Agrifab trailer last fall and used it a bit. I put new tires on it then and today I made up some wooden brackets to hold the rear gate.

My honey wire brushed it around the reargate area and threw a couple quick coats of Orange on.

Of course I had to test it out a little. 

Moved a load of sand/gravel fill from one area of the yard to fill a hole in somewhere else. 

20180414_135253.jpg.34a5d04bec2e2eefb446c5bddc6ea62b.jpg20180414_135351.jpg.735e4f1a379c2c801c45bd040f761470.jpg

This trailer has been black in some places and red and the red you see is brushed on garbage. 

It will eventually be all orange. 

• Like 8

PeacemakerJack

Looks good Eric!  Nice to see your yard clear of snow while ours is loading up as I type with the white stuff.  As you know, we use our little trailer all the time.  Having fun while getting work done—:wh: time!

:text-bravo:

• Like 4

19richie66

Beautiful scenery Eric. Nice trailer too. Going to have to down mine soon to weld a new floor in it. As for weather, sweating  bullets here. 92* outside of work. Heading to the house to finish welding up my driveway gate.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

squonk

Replaced the throttle cable on Skonk and yanked  the snow blower off the 520. Old man winter can piss off! :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Nice to see your yard clear of snow while ours is loading up as I type with the white stuff.

Almost there Josh. You can still see some pockets of snow in the woods in the background. More coming in tonight though....

12 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Beautiful scenery Eric. Nice trailer too.

As for weather, sweating  bullets here. 92* outside of work. 

Thanks... We loves our forest!

92....    AAGGHHHH

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack
13 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

sweating  bullets here. 92* outside of work. 

Hey Richie, can you turn on the big fan and point it towards Wisconsin?  We could use some of that warm weather...:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

squonk
24 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Hey Richie, can you turn on the big fan and point it towards Wisconsin?  We could use some of that warm weather...:rolleyes:

https://www.build.com/big-ass-fans/c129565?source=gg_!c836028465!a43808036158!kbig ass fan!me!p1t1!dc!ng!f&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm_ids8m62gIVDxgMCh0h-wRwEAAYASAAEgLB3_D_BwE

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat: thanks Squonk—

Richie—wanna see if harbor freight has a couple of those available:confusion-scratchheadblue:

:ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19richie66
15 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

:text-yeahthat: thanks Squonk—

Richie—wanna see if harbor freight has a couple of those available:confusion-scratchheadblue:

:ROTF:

I don’t know if harbor freight has anything that good. Those fans are the best. Not cheap either. Maybe I could get a couple of these. 

C2E7A8AA-B0CF-4BC5-AA20-70CEEA6765D1.jpeg

• Haha 9

PeacemakerJack

Thanks Richie but considering we have sustained NE winds at 25mph right now—not sure that’ll cut it!:unsure:  

however—you might want to turn one or fifteen of those in aimed at you working in that summer heat...

• Haha 2

ebinmaine

Spent a few minutes fiddlin' with the governor and adjusting the carb on the B.

It wasn't getting full RPM after I cleaned it out the other day.

Thanks to @wallfish for posting a link to the manual for my K181 a while back to help someone else out.

Much better now....

• Like 3

CountryRock

Started working on the 246h today.  Straightened out the steering.  Went to do a valve adjustment and got quite the surprise.  Pushrods on cylinder 1 weren't even on the rockers.  Exhaust valve seems siezed. Must've ran on one cylinder all last year. Looks like head work for that side. It's a 16hp Briggs twin.  I'll be looking for guidance with this.  :wacko::wacko:

IMG_20180414_192054530_LL~2.jpg

IMG_20180414_192127106~2.jpg

• Sad 4

stevebo

I was able to take advantage of the nice 70+ degree weather today and cleaned up the deck and painted it. i used a harbor freight touch up gun with valspar ih red with hardener and thinner. That little gun did a really nice job. I will be headed back down to pick up a few more of those for short money. 

IMG_2991.jpg

IMG_3310.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_5072.JPG.a56210bf73796d362d737a19c4d544a5.JPG

• Like 6

WHX??

@Achto, @PeacemakerJack and the rest of us WI boys are suffering through this. At least  1/2" or better layer of ice under the white stuff and no end in sight. Will fire up the 520 later and crush some ice for tonites cocktail! :occasion-xmas:  In the meantime got the shop nice and warm for tinkering with the 1077. 

With the help of Dan got the lift cylinder relocated on the 1257 yesterday. :greetings-clappingyellow: Nice idea on the mod to the rockshaft Dan! :handgestures-thumbupright:

20180415_074902.jpg

20180414_173807.jpg

20180414_173800.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack

This Boy and his family “ain’t goin’ anywhere’s taday!” This WI springtime identity crisis is a bummer...

C0A29FDB-BB1A-4537-B3B2-C5BC0E3DD521.jpeg.06d87f67dc599e6590792fc5f139f5ea.jpeg

Not sure if I’ll blow snow tonight or in the morning but it will have to be done at some point...

The positive part is more :wh: seat time and a fun family day!  Stay safe my Wisconsin and neighboring state affected buddies...

• Like 4

squonk
16 minutes ago, WHX16 said:

@Achto, @PeacemakerJack and the rest of us WI boys are suffering through this. At least  1/2" or better layer of ice under the white stuff and no end in sight. Will fire up the 520 later and crush some ice for tonites cocktail! :occasion-xmas:  In the meantime got the shop nice and warm for tinkering with the 1077. 

With the help of Dan got the lift cylinder relocated on the 1257 yesterday. :greetings-clappingyellow: Nice idea on the mod to the rockshaft Dan! :handgestures-thumbupright:

20180415_074902.jpg

20180414_173807.jpg

20180414_173800.jpg

Stick the cooler in the yard and see how much you can get in it with the blower. Might as well make a game of it! :occasion-xmas::occasion-xmas::occasion-xmas:

• Haha 6