Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

rjg854

I do remember reading about that, not to long ago.  Great story.  Thanks for clearing that up :thanks:

• Like 2

WHX??

Excellent Bob but how do we know you have a hard to find rare elusive B-160 if there are no pictures! :ychain:

• Haha 3

Racinbob

Patience Jim. Let me get the new heart in and get the decals. :)

• Haha 4

WHX??

I have no patience Bob...just ask my wife, my kids, the dog! :lol:

• Haha 7

Tankman

D011392A-AC99-45CE-A026-78D9C5A6629F.jpeg.835c92480fda7078510f582e7eca693c.jpeg

Edited by Tankman
  • Haha 3

chip61
5 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

If it's still fairly pliable it should fit snuggly over the oil filter and seal it to the air shroud without any adhesives or sealant, Jeff.

15220954819203321301392494610112.jpg

IMAG4338.jpg

Mine looks to be in good shape, but after a couple hours it has worked it's way halfway across the oil filter, so I thought maybe there should be some sort of adhesive..

Thanks for the replies!!

Chip

ericj
45 minutes ago, chip61 said:

Mine looks to be in good shape, but after a couple hours it has worked it's way halfway across the oil filter, so I thought maybe there should be some sort of adhesive..

Thanks for the replies!!

what oil filter are you using, lot of filters will work but some are smaller then others. i use the NAPA gold filters, I forget the number off hand but I'm sure someone on here will chime in and tell you

eric j

R. L. Addison

Removed frozen tie rods from frozen spindles, frozen spindles from front axle, axle from tractor to check pivot pin (worn) & wheels from spindles.

Removed blower housing & head from HH100 engine & found two head gaskets,(both blown) & one stripped bolt hole. Have not checked ign. sys. yet,

if system is dead, probably candidate for someone else to build up for their project. I've got three "fresh" Kohlers to test, & that's a good thing to test the hydro with.

A day cleaning & reassembly to make it portable tomorrow, & go from there.

• Like 2

chip61
7 hours ago, ericj said:

what oil filter are you using, lot of filters will work but some are smaller then others. i use the NAPA gold filters, I forget the number off hand but I'm sure someone on here will chime in and tell you

eric j

I'm using the NAPA Gold 1762 oil filter. The gasket feels like a tight fit, but it doesn't stay put for very long. That's a lot of air moving through there!

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
53 minutes ago, chip61 said:

I'm using the NAPA Gold 1762 oil filter. The gasket feels like a tight fit, but it doesn't stay put for very long. That's a lot of air moving through there!

Try removing the air seal and wiping it dry with a rag and some Purple Power or even glass cleaner so it is actually a bit "tacky",  it will stay haven't had one come loose in 20 years unless it had oil on it and the filter ...clean and dry shouldn't move, Jeff. 

Edited by WVHillbilly520H

chip61
Just now, WVHillbilly520H said:

Try removing the air seal and wiping it dry with a rag and some Purple Power or even glass cleaner so it is actually a bit "tacky",  it will stay haven't had one come loose in 20 years unless it had oil on it and the filter clean and dry shouldn't move, Jeff. 

I'll do that this weekend when I go to Mathews.

Thanks

Southerncannuck

So today I adjusted the valves. The exhaust was slightly loose and the intake was very tight. 

Unfortunately I created an oil leak in the process. So....today I learned that gaskets need permatex. 

• Like 2

oliver2-44

Use some " Aviation Permated "  iGreat stuff, my dad did Aircraft work ( Jack of all trades) years ago so we had it around the farm shop. I use it on used gasket sometimes 

• Thanks 1

cafoose
13 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Use some " Aviation Permated "  iGreat stuff, my dad did Aircraft work ( Jack of all trades) years ago so we had it around the farm shop. I use it on used gasket sometimes 

Do you mean this:

https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-80019-Aviation-Gasket-Sealant/dp/B000HBM3QQ

oliver2-44

Yes, that's it. Once you smell it you will never forget the smell. Not a bad smell, just different 

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

pfrederi

Took the turfs and chains off the L107 and put the AGs on for summer.  Was nice to run around today with out rattling my teeth.  The chains are from my fathers Chevy back in the 50s and are much thicker than the current stuff, hence rough ride especially on frozen ground.  I converted her to studs and lugnuts a few years ago makes the swap quick and easy

• Like 2

Bruce's 414-8

got my 414-8 ready for mowing season, oil changed, chassis and front end greased, deck blades sharpened, deck spindles greased, air filter cleaned, points adjusted, spark plug cleaned and re-gapped and it cranked right up like it has for the last 32 years.

• Excellent 4

PeacemakerJack
18 minutes ago, Bruce's 414-8 said:

got my 414-8 ready for mowing season, oil changed, chassis and front end greased, deck blades sharpened, deck spindles greased, air filter cleaned, points adjusted, spark plug cleaned and re-gapped and it cranked right up like it has for the last 32 years.

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the best :wh: forum on the planet!  Glad to have you on board! Beware of spending too much time on here though—it will make you want to own more of them!!!

I’m interested to hear more about this tractor if you’ve owned it for 32 years...:popcorn:

• Excellent 1

R. L. Addison

Today I finished cleaning front axle & spindles & reassembled. Steers much easier than my C141 & thinking about putting Charger front end under "C", maybe another day. Rest of the day spent pressing out hitch pin as I am almost sure drive may have to be split for repair. Took pictures but can't put them on yet. Hopefully.................................. Ron

953 nut

@Bruce's 414-8        :WRS:         With regular maintenance your :wh: will last another three decades or more.

• Excellent 2

19richie66

Love them both but that cart turned out nice with the bed lining. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack
9 hours ago, dells68 said:

...so I got out the 68 Lawn Ranger...Drove around in circles for a while and now I feel much better!

IMG_7534.JPG

Ahhhhhhhhhh-:wh: therapy...it’s the best!  After a long day at work and a nice conversation with Richie on the way home, I got on JackRabbit and drove him around the back yard for a couple of minutes and then down to the mailbox and back.  Definitely a good couple of moments of decompression...

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5