FatJackDurham

brrrrrrrrrrrr

FatJackDurham

So cold up here.... Glad I haven't had to plow.....

• Like 1

slim67

Its been cold here to and ive had to plow. Carharts, no cab. Probably still colder up your way.

• Like 2

Sparky
33 minutes ago, FatJackDurham said:

So cold up here.... Glad I haven't had to plow.....

Cold here as well....and I might have to do a bit of snow removal tomorrow. Calling for 3-5"s.

• Like 3

WHX??
3 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Glad I have a heated shop.

Got that right Ed ,  minus temps all weekend so holed up in my cozy wood heated  shop and worked on :wh: and did some organizing (read looking for things that I have no idea where I put them) ! :lol:

Finally got some sno,....Sparkeye's 3-5....  = seat time! Might just wait till tonite so to use the cab lites.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Jerry77

I was ready and the snow came and I came down with the flu same day.........103.5   etc  etc  .....:(

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

FatJackDurham
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Cold and windy here, but no snow.   Glad I have a heated shop.

Keepin the fire burning.

IMG_0040.JPG.0bb97c8372a26fc7fd78846a900263a6.JPG

I want........

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Cold here as well....and I might have to do a bit of snow removal tomorrow. Calling for 3-5"s.

Yep. -4 at my house this morning. Lovely. Forecasted for about 4 inches of snow between Tuesday night and Wednesday.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Jerry77 said:

I was ready and the snow came and I came down with the flu same day.........103.5   etc  etc  .....:(

Hope you feel better Jerry!

1 hour ago, WHX14 said:

did some organizing (read looking for things that I have no idea where I put them) ! :lol:

Your idea of organizing sounds a lot like mine.

My honey and I spent a lot of yesterday cleaning up in the downstairs Workshop areas.

I experienced several moments that were - I forgot I had that!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

lynnmor

I keep one of my 520’s in an unheated barn.  It must have gotten jealous because it peed transmission oil all over the floor.  I’ve seen this before and now I’m convinced it is extreme temperature changes that causes the uncontrolled bladder problem.  The oil appears at the dipstick tube, runs down and spills quite a bit on the floor.  Oil level shows correct on the dipstick.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, lynnmor said:

I keep one of my 520’s in an unheated barn.  It must have gotten jealous because it peed transmission oil all over the floor.........

I’m convinced it is extreme temperature changes that causes the uncontrolled bladder problem.

That's why I have to heat my house. ...

:ychain:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Tankman

Cold here, 'bout 20 F. Snow flurries forecast tomorrow PM.

Checked the Horses; fuel, OK; oil, OK; tires, OK; chains on, OK; plows ready to wo...wo....wo.....work.

Now for some hot fresh coffee to wash the apple bunt cake down. Ready, nap.  :ROTF:

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 6

stevasaurus

Just came in from blading 5" of that fantastic white stuff...temp about 24 F and dropping.  The 857 is just loving the snow and lots of waves and honks from the traffic going by.  :occasion-xmas:  No socks yet...not cold enough.  :icecream:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

elcamino/wheelhorse
29 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Just came in from blading 5" of that fantastic white stuff...temp about 24 F and dropping.  The 857 is just loving the snow and lots of waves and honks from the traffic going by.  :occasion-xmas:  No socks yet...not cold enough.  :icecream:

No socks , there is not enough rock and rye for plowing snow like that.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Tankman said:

Cold here, 'bout 20 F. Snow flurries forecast tomorrow PM.

Checked the Horses; fuel, OK; oil, OK; tires, OK; chains on, OK; plows ready to wo...wo....wo.....work.

Now for some hot fresh coffee to wash the apple bunt cake down. Ready, nap.  :ROTF:

All those things in one day? That right there is just fantastic, stellar, and awesome.

• Like 4

Sarge

We got 4" here , temps are right at 10* and 30+mph winds. Still got the flu, today has been the worse so far in the last week - 102* fever . The wind can move the stuff for all I care...not going out until maybe later in the week. 

Sarge

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

squonk

-13 this AM on the Sienna thrmometer. Ran out to get the cable luber for the 520. Got home and wanted to clean up the driveway and sidewalk. C-160 went 10 ft. and died. Electric fuel pump quit. Went and got a pump and finished up and almost got run over by a state plow. Now I got carb problems on the 160 as well. Maybe if I buy 5 more tractors I'll be able to plow once with out an incident.  

Edited by squonk
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

stevasaurus

Squonk, if I were you, I would run screaming into the nearest corn field and hide for a while.  Sounds like you have some bad karma brewing...maybe pet the monkey.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 5

squonk
1 minute ago, stevasaurus said:

Squonk, if I were you, I would run screaming into the nearest corn field and hide for a while.  Sounds like you have some bad karma brewing...maybe pet the monkey.  :occasion-xmas:

It's the "Curse of the Evil Purple Empire"

Edited by squonk
  • Like 6

Big_Red_Fred

BRF Fever, Red spots on your Eaton

• Haha 1

Retired Wrencher

Jack did you get any flooding like my brother in Swanton did? How are things in Morrisville? It has been a while since I have been threw there.

PeacemakerJack

I’m welcoming the warmer temps the we have been seeing the last couple of days but we have had our fair share of nasty cold temps this winter.  I’m so thankful to have this Harman pellet stove to keep our house warm on these cold days...

7EAF871B-2BC8-4C85-9D3F-DAAEF0838EB3.jpeg.0446cb84ae4c4811bfab06ac066d4c67.jpeg

we’ve been heating with this stove for 11 years now and it has been great.  We generally burn a softwood mix most of the winter but if it really gets cold, I change to Douglas Fir pellet.  I did some snow removal last night but it was about 20 degrees so I was comfortable in my Carhartts.  Looking forward to above normal temps after a cold snap tonight into Wednesday morning...

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

We go from frigid cold to warm. Maybe 20 inches in total this year so far. "Maybe" tomorrow 2 to 3 inches. That's ok, my son Mike has been longing to be on the C-175.

Those of you with colds, stay warm till your better, been real lucky this year with no colds myself.

Glenn

• Like 1