Hammerhead

1963 Model #953 Registry

Hammerhead

Hello, I recently acquired a very nice early production 1963 Wheel Horse Model #953. Serial Number is 62- 379, which makes it the 379th one built. It has the rare early production steering wheel and the Ross Aluminum steering gear box. This was owned by an old timer for many years. Probably his pride and joy for many years. There is hardly any wear and tear on it. The black rubber footrests are in great condition still. If you can, post a pic of your 953,  with Serial Number that would be great. I want to see the cut off point from old style steering wheel to the new style. Thank you...KJ

P1020011_zpsjfq8vhli.jpgP1020018_zps8tbo1qfy.jpgP1020011_zpsjfq8vhli.jpg

P1020011_zpsjfq8vhli.jpg

Edited by Hammerhead
more info
  • Like 8

jay bee

Nice!!!! :wh:

Ed Kennell

Richard @953 nut  should be here soon with the answers.    You may want to put a lock on your tractor though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Sweet.  Will follow along here.

Glenn

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Sweet.  Will follow along here.

Glenn

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

WHX??
4 hours ago, 953 nut said:

understand is only found in the 953 and the HY-2 pumps.

According to Lowell @wheelhorseman correct on the spring.

Nice patina on that survivor, looks like it will fit into your herd nicely! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Hammerhead

Thanks everybody! This 953 will be left in as-found condition with some clean up every where. You can see on the hood that I cleaned half of it. Thanks to 953nut for the cool pics and info. I knew a lot about these early production Model's and finally found one. I have had 2 other 953's but sold one to my buddy like a dummy. My other 953 has the Ross steering box but the steering wheel is from a Sears for some reason. There is yellow paint on the aluminum box and maybe it was a Cub steering unit. I forget the Serial # but it was pretty high not low like this latest find. My head lights are the early H-22 style lights and plastic buckets. Only have one lens though. Yep that Photobucket site sucks I guess. I always have used it but for some reason they messed up 3 pics, one was the steering wheel and one was the Serial Number decal I forget the other pic, maybe it was the mint condition mower deck!

953 nut
7 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

Only have one lens though.

@GlenPettit has what you meed, great guy to do business with.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1