Rustyred

Pictures of cable routing for C-81 1979??

Rustyred

TWO things.

1. Can anybody give me a picture from each side of C-81 1979 tractor that has the correct cable routing?

I am realizing that the previous owner did not have it correct and I am not familiar with where those cables should run and where they should be attached.

2. The parts manual I have shows two belt guides which my tractor does not have. Do I need to have them put on? Again, a picture of them installed correctly would say a million words. It's hard to tell from the parts manual where exactly they should be.(they are circled in picture below.)

Your support is very much appreciated!

RustyredIMG_20180114_194853.jpg.06a7167c308bb6bf6cd7a4ecf7e6c42c.jpg

Rustyred

Does anybody have any input on this? It would be much appreciated.

pfrederi

I don't have a C-81 any longer ...She became a C-175 bit I have a few pics of her before the transformation.

parts Manual for 79 c-81 doesn't show the guides.  Don't think there  were any on mine either.

IMG_2876.JPG

IMG_2882.JPG

IMG_2879.JPG

• Like 3

Jakeshorsetuff

Here are some pics of my 78 c-81 restored. If you need any more pics of any part on the tractor i'd be happy to help.

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Rustyred

thanks for the pictures! Already very helpful.

Jakeshorsetuff: Thanks for your offer of more pictures. I am very interested in how to run both cables run under? or around? the engine... Or should there be brackets holding them somewhere?

Then especially the throttle cable - does it have any clips or brackets hold it anywhere? Seriously - I can't really figure it out from the drawing. Any help is appreciated. Maybe a photo from each side including the whole length of the cable?

The attached picture shows where we're at currently.

Thanks!! Rustyred

5a5ea51103a78_afterengineadded.jpg.cabb69ec51cd663c2b21019412d797ce.jpg

• Like 1

Jakeshorsetuff

The throttle cable leads under the engine into the retainer clamp on the throttle bracket.There are two clamps for the throttle cable one at the throttle bracket and the other on the starter. Adjust throttle by loosening cable retainer clamp then set throttle to full operate position. Tighten retainer clamp with the throttle in the operate position and make sure the stop pin is against the bracket. There are two clamps for the choke cable one on the blower housing,the other at the carburetor. To adjust loosen cable retainer clamp at carburetor set to full cold position  and tighten retainer clamp to fully closed position.

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

• Like 1

Rustyred

Very, very helpful. Both the pictures and explanation are very clear. So thanks a lot.

Is the upper belt guide supposed to hook underneath the belt?

Rustyred

IMG_20180114_194853.jpg.06a7167c308bb6bf6cd7a4ecf7e6c42c.jpg

Jakeshorsetuff

The upper belt guide goes above the belt and what it does is prevent the belt from chafing on the belt guard.

Rustyred

Thanks for the information. Now I should be all set.