Docwheelhorse

Todays Wheel Horse Therapy Session

Docwheelhorse

Hello all...

Well my 314-8 plow rig went to Russ (saltywright) and in exchange I got his Briggs Gt1800 hydro... Thanks Russ! Cool machine and I love the Briggs twin.

So... that left me with no plow rig. The temps went up past 60 this week in CT and melted all the snow. This allowed me to roll the 312-8 I picked up into the shop---the trans is broke... it shifts hi/lo and the main shifter is shifting the "4" speeds... you can feel the resistance. But nothing happens with clutch out. Yes input shaft is spinning and by shifting hi/lo with clutch out you get grinding---so somethings going on. Pulled this 8 speed out of engineless carcass and im thawing it out to put in 312. I hate how these transaxles end up with water sitting outside... guess I have to cover my parts machines. 

Ill add pics later but seems i've clogged up the attachment section with too much "stuff". Ill get that cleaned up

Happy Sunday

Tony

• Like 3

ACman
55 minutes ago, Docwheelhorse said:

Ill add pics later but seems i've clogged up the attachment section with too much "stuff". Ill get that cleaned up

You can fix this problem by becoming a :rs: supporter and post all the :text-coolphotos: you want.... :)

• Like 7

Docwheelhorse

Huh... its that easy. I got my renewal notice and forgot. Ill get that fixed asap.

Thanks

Tony

• Like 6

Ed Kennell

Are the axles turning?    Axle/hub  key sheared?

• Like 2

wallfish

:text-yeahthat:

Not too often there would be a gear completely sheared of it's teeth but it's possible.

Or maybe someone was in that tranny before and missed something.

Did Sparky touch it? Heard he likes touching trannys. :ychain:

• Haha 2

Docwheelhorse

Hi, axles are rotating the differential... something is broke in the hi/lo as it shifts and grinds under power . Transaxle is out and hi/lo shifter goes up and down ALOT...  New (used) transaxle is in. She will be back on road soon... 

Tony

Racinbob

Kinda sounds like the hi/lo could be stuck in the middle. :think::)

Docwheelhorse

Hi / lo not stuck... if I start tractor and leave clutch out I feel and hear a grind as it shifts into either hi or low.then you shift main lever and nothing happens.... jack up rear and rotate one wheel and other goes opposite (normal) try and rotate both forwards and input hould spin in gear.... nothing happens. 

Its broke.... someday Ill open up out of curriosity.

Tony

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, Docwheelhorse said:

Hi / lo not stuck... if I start tractor and leave clutch out I feel and hear a grind as it shifts into either hi or low.then you shift main lever and nothing happens.... jack up rear and rotate one wheel and other goes opposite (normal) try and rotate both forwards and input hould spin in gear.... nothing happens. 

Tony

Yep, you convinced me Tony.....It has serious internal injuries.   Probably gonna require surgery and a transplant.  :laughing-rolling:

wallfish

Broken Hi/Low fork? Like it's stuck between gears.

5 hours ago, Docwheelhorse said:

It sure doesn't seem like you're committed to fixing that one

Docwheelhorse
2 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Broken Hi/Low fork? Like it's stuck between gears.

It sure doesn't seem like you're committed to fixing that one

Plenty of donor transaxles around here... took out 1" 4 pinnion and put in 1 1/8" 8 pinnion from an engineless, rotted sheet metal, way past worth restoring 414. Although my pile of messed up transaxles is growing and its getting to be time to look into them.

Tony