Carlos VB

Greetings from Spain

Carlos VB

Thanks. 

Sorry, What means NOS ?

It seem there is one option from ebay Germany, similar price anyway and I am not completly sure about is the same.

Regards

ebay starter.jpg

wheelhorseman
2 hours ago, Carlos VB said:

Thanks. 

Sorry, What means NOS ?

NOS means - new old stock or new obsolete stock depending on who you talk to.

• Thanks 1

Carlos VB

Not very , very hurry.... but I miss the WH, it makes my life much easier. My property is full of trees and the WH turns with the trailer in a palm of ground.

• Like 1

formariz

The one from eBay in Germany is the right one. Just check also how many teeth are there in your broken one. There is also a genuine Kohler on eBay here for $64.97 (unusually cheap)and aftermarket ones go for around $42.00.

Just a thought to try and help you.The reason I ask if you are in a hurry for it is that I have relatives that will be here around mid May and will go back to Portugal within a couple of weeks after that. They can take it and ship it to you from there which will be a lot less expensive. The whole thing will probably cost less than half what you pay there. It is up to you.

• Like 5

Carlos VB

Thankyou very much Formariz, very kind from you, but I think this would be more trouble than buying the "german" one, post from Portugal would be also money, and time is also a factor.

Edited by Carlos VB

formariz

No problem if you change your mind let me know.

• Like 2

Carlos VB

Finally I found the starter in Spain.. 105 € , shipping and taxes included.

starter galiciA.jpg

ztnoo

What.....is that made of.......gold???

105 EUR = 129.363 USD

Edited by ztnoo
  • Haha 1

formariz

Great. Seek and you shall find! We want to see video of it running.

6 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

What that made of.......gold???

105 EUR = 129.363 USD

That is how it is over there. Its an import. It is actually much lower than others he found. Don't be so surprised, there are actually some here selling for more than that.

• Like 3

Carlos VB

Well, I have it at home!

Any consideration about  assembly, adjustment..?

formariz

Pretty simple installation just the reverse of what you did taking it out. There are no adjustments to do You may just want to lubricate shaft with a graphite based lubricant.  Good luck and lets see it running.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Carlos VB

Thankyou very much, without your help it wouldn´t have been possible :thanks:

WH 312 -8.mp4

• Like 2

formariz

Awesome it lives . Back to work again, vacation is over. Keep us informed with photos and videos of how you use it there. :text-bravo:

• Like 2

Carlos VB

Hi again.

Troubles with my WH, I have not worked with it since march, he runned for few hours. For some reason spark plugs  don´t last. 

So the question is :  Wich is the proper spark plug for the Magnum  Kohler, is the Champion RH 10 C?  Is long or short thread?

Thankyou

953 nut

The Champion H-10 is correct, would be a short thread and should be gaped at .025" for a Magnum. The carburetor may be running a little too rich fouling the plug.

• Like 1

Carlos VB

Thankyou!

Carlos VB

Still problems, once I got the spark plug was in place, WH worked for one day, next one didn´t want to start. 

Now I need to finde the carburator bowl gasket. It is a WALBRO, could I know the Kohler part number, well the point is to find the carburator model and try to find the proper bowl gasket.

Tractor boy
8 minutes ago, Carlos VB said:

Still problems, once I got the spark plug was in place, WH worked for one day, next one didn´t want to start. 

Now I need to finde the carburator bowl gasket. It is a WALBRO, could I know the Kohler part number, well the point is to find the carburator model and try to find the proper bowl gasket.

Carlos you could try to make one if nothing else is available 

• Like 1

Carlos VB

Hi, How can I make one? 

formariz

Carlos, can you post a good photo of your carburetor? Those kits are easy to get here. I have family here again going back in two weeks if you want to. They can mail it to you from there it is very small.

• Like 1

Carlos VB
On 20/5/2018 at 4:14 PM, formariz said:

Carlos, can you post a good photo of your carburetor? Those kits are easy to get here. I have family here again going back in two weeks if you want to. They can mail it to you from there it is very small.

Hi,the WH is now in a general agricultural equipment reparation shop ..... the carburator is dismounted ,but  the guy there hasn’t seen a WH in his life he suggested me to change the engine.... 😩🙈

A770F7D9-7DED-43AD-ACF2-F51DE5B446FF.jpeg

Edited by Carlos VB

Carlos VB

Sorry the tablet write his own english

Edited by Carlos VB

Carlos VB

I would like to have a picture of the original one and try to find it here, please could somebody post one... :wwp:

formariz

Carlos, that engine came with two different carburetors, a Walbro with a fixed jet which is what you have, and a Kohler with adjustable jet. Changing the engine because of the carburetor is a bit drastic and you will just be just getting into all kinds of trouble over there. Below is a link on eBay to the parts you need for what you have. Its a simple job and a routine maintenance issue.Let me know if you need help with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KOHLER-CARB-REBUILD-Walbro-M8-M10-M12-M14-M16/140892169040?hash=item20cdd3e350:g:kvEAAOxygo9Q5~OM:sc:USPSFirstClass!07009!US!-1

• Like 1

Carlos VB

Thankyou very much Formariz !