Sign in to follow this  
WHC-125

B-80 Restoration

WHC-125

Today I am starting the restoration process of the B-80 4 speed w/ a deck that I picked up a couple days ago. Here are a couple pictures of it before I start to tear down and take it apart. I will take pictures throughout the process and keep you guys updated. I am going to do a completle restoration on it (Frame, transmission, engine, hood, fenders, rims, etc. will all be redone) and get ag tires for the rear.

B-802-19-09001.jpg

B-802-19-09002.jpg

B-802-19-09006.jpg

B-802-19-09004.jpg

TJ

She looks solid and straight. :whistle: Just straighten up the amp meter and she looks good to go. :thumbs:

WHC-125

Yea it was loose and heres a few more pictures of the progress I made today.

This is like brand new :thumbs:

B-802-19-09013.jpg

Getting ready to take the motor off

B-802-19-09015.jpg

Got it off

B-802-19-09016.jpg

B-802-19-09018.jpg

TJ

So thats what the inside of a pully looks like. :whistle:

Good start. :thumbs:

WHC-125

Hopefully I will get the transmission fixed this weekend as I posted in a different thread :thumbs:

Coadster32

Looks like a good kohler. Good luck.

WHC-125

Yea it runs like a top :whistle: I think I am going to take you up on that offer because I dont think I will be able to bring the transmission to school anytime soon :thumbs:

Coadster32

I think I am going to take you up on that offer

No poblem. Mic up the woodruff key so I could get the right key cutter. Try to get the radius on it aslo, or perhaps the number like I explained earlier. I could also use straight keystock. I'll see if I have any.

WHC-125

No poblem. Mic up the woodruff key so I could get the right key cutter. Try to get the radius on it aslo, or perhaps the number like I explained earlier. I could also use straight keystock. I'll see if I have any.

Ok I will see what I can do

past7971

Love those B-80's....what a great versatile tractor!!! My 1976 B-80 8-speed is one of my personal favorites and those little 8hp Kohlers are hard to beat for the amount of work they can handle. The 8-speeds used the longer frame and I keep a 42" deck under mine with NO problems and actually used it for tilling the garden before I got my C-160. Looks like yours has had a newer replacement engine in it so should give MANY more years of great service. Good luck

WHC-125

It is a new short block about 1 year old :thumbs:

WHC-125

I met up with Coadster32 today and :whistle: what a nice guy to deal with. We brought the transmission down to his shop after we met up at his house and milled a new slot on the axle and fixed it. He was very helpful and very nice I hope you see you soon :thumbs: :whistle:

Bill

Chris The B-80 doesn't look like that anymore.. all I saw was 2 frame rails today lol

If you want I could do that deck for you during the week,, it's up to you

Coadster32

Thanks for the compliments Chris. (go easy, I don't want my own head to swell up). It was nice meeting you also. Your neighbor seemd like a great guy to hang out with. (hope you gave him a little something for gas). I'll get back to you on the trailer for the 29th. :thumbs:

WHC-125

Bill, sounds good to me and I just got in after using the sandblaster for a little while on some of the B-80 parts, it works great even with my compressor. I have been making some good progress. And just let me know when is good for you, maybe we could fix the plow I showed you as well :thumbs:

Chris, we went McDonalds on the way home and just let me know whenever. I think Jeff wants everyone to RSVP on the 27th or sooner.

Bill

no problem Chris, there both easy fixes.. :thumbs:

WHC-125

I know it has been a while since I posted on the B-80 but I have made some progress on the B-80 restore. I have repainted the transmission and the motor has been completely torn apart and repainted. I am going to order a gasket kit off of ebay and try and get it all together by the weekend. I still need to paint the hood, fender, frame, dash tower, wheels and a few other odds and ends but everything is sanded down and ready fro paint (Will need to be sanded quick one more time).

I will try and get some pictures up as soon as possible.

TLWheelHorse

Any new pics?

HorseFixer

yeah we want pics! :omg: Pics make us happy! :drool: Hook a brother up! :drool:

CHARGER9AUTO

yeah we want pics! :omg: Pics make us happy! :( Hook a brother up! :drool:

:drool: of my '69 GT-14 I post them tomarrow . I played with the Horses that's why I did not take any . Ben

Attached Image

post-39-1243310297.gif

WHC-125

Here are some pictures of my progress on my restore.

The frame after it was E-tanked.

B-80003.jpg

Primed

B-80004.jpg

Painted

6-19-09010.jpg

The motor

B-80005.jpg

Other side

6-19-09009.jpg

I have made some more progress recently. Such as the hood and fender are done and in my room :thumbs2: And the transmission was painted and mounted as well as the wheels. I mostly have to do the dash tower and foot rests. Maybe a few other minor items. Then just wire it up with all new wires.

d180man

Hi looks like your off to a good start! :thumbs2: :thumbs:

Bill

Looks good :thumbs2:

Sparky

Coming along nicely Chris. Now get it done before next years show and make sure to get you and the tractor there to show it off.

Mike.......

Coadster32

Chugga.. Chugga.. Chugga.. I think I can.. I think I can.. I think I can.

Don't give up, you'll get there. Looks good so far. :thumbs2: