Redisbest

522xi

Redisbest

Has anyone disabled the reverse safety switch on there xi ....I have concluded it puts to much abuse on my snowblower chain tension.....having to re-engage PTO after backing up just puts to much wear on associated parts...that constant enertia just puts to much give on adjustment idler....I want to bypass the switch that disengages the PTO when you go into reverse....than go forward again without having to reset PTO....thanks 

pfrederi

Can't help but I am surprised there is not an bypass.  My wife's JD235 will disengage teh PTO when you go in reverse...unless you pull pul out on the PTO switch as you go into reverse.  Don't have to hold it out for more than a second or two.  Would have thought WH would have had something like it.

shallowwatersailor

If yours is 1999 and on, you should have a key switch on the seat frame to override reverse.

• Like 4

Redisbest

Thank you John....it does as most of my Wheelhorses....never came to mind....probley because I don't mow with the xi.....thanks a ton.....I was just looking at the wire schematic an d realized it had the key switch...,here's your sign.....lol.

• Like 1

Kurt-NEPA

Sailor beat me to it Redisbest.  The reverse switch is third on my disliked feature list for a 522xi.   First it the seat switch (can't side hill at all with it hocked up).  Second is the smartsteer (I disabled mine and it made the 522xi into a new tractor).  One of these days I'll figure out how to disable that reverse switch.

Rant over.

• Like 1