garylewa

Snow-thrower wont stay up

garylewa

Gentlemen,

Attached the snow-thrower to the B80 with no issue, when I lift the unit it usually locks in the raised position; I hear a click also for verification. This snow season the thrower never locks in the raised position causing me to continually keep the lift handle pulled towards the driver.  Does anybody know where the "lock mechanism" is that does this?

Thanks (again....), Gary

Racinbob

Since it sounds like it did work per chance did you install the 'flag' in the wrong hole in the rock shaft? That could cause the lift to try to raise the blower past it limitations and hit something before it latches in the raised position. :think::)

This is what locks it. Pirated from the net. I don't know what they were measuring.

5a5a7e2053e38_liftarm.JPG.00be7f884130a682eb7579c1e5019f62.JPG

• Like 1

gwest_ca

This is from a later model and lift arrangement but the lift arms are the same and have the attachments lifted by the same holes in the arms.

Garry

Lift 1984 C-165.jpg

• Like 1

Jerry77

The lift arm may just need some lubrication - try squirting some lube down the shaft...I have had them fail to work from just being dry..:twocents-02cents:

• Like 4

woodchuckfarmer

Ive seen the spring in the lift arm rust to all most nothing.

• Like 1

jay bee
6 hours ago, Racinbob said:

Since it sounds like it did work per chance did you install the 'flag' in the wrong hole in the rock shaft?

Make sure your flag is in the top hole of the rock shaft (item #19) as shown in Garry's illustration in Post #3.  Also, there are usually shims on the shaft between the flag and the lift rod.  If there are to many shims, it will cause the lift rod to hit something up front before the lift handle can come back far enough to engage the lock mechanism.  Hope this helps.  

• Like 1

Jakeshorsetuff

There should be a little piece of metal were the lift lever locks. I had this problem with my tractor when I lifted something heavy so what I did is put a stiffer spring in the lift lever and it works great now.:USA:

IMG_0390.jpg

Edited by Jakeshorsetuff

jeff lary

I always learn something when I read the forum. Mine is a 95 and I have never thought to lube the lift shaft spring mentioned by Jerry in post #4. Thanks

Edited by jeff lary
  • Like 1

jay bee

:text-yeahthat:     Me too Jeff!!!