Shea Worden

transmission issue

Shea Worden

hi guys. My c81's transmission will not work. after i shift into a gear and release the clutch, the wheels wont turn. the belt spins and the input pulley does as well, with the keyed shaft. Also, when i release the clutch, the wheels seem to want to go, so i got off and pushed it, and it went but lost momentum and stopped.I do not want to have to take the transmission off because i might not be able to put it back together if i take it apart. thanks  any feedback would be wonderful. 

ol550

Check the axle keys?

• Like 2

Shea Worden
On 1/13/2018 at 1:46 PM, ol550 said:

Check the axle keys?

forgot to say  checked those as well. they are solid as a rock,since i got my new tires.

ericj

check the high low shift lever, don't ask how I know about this 

eric j

• Like 2

dells68

What about the key on the input shaft?  Just thinking out loud.

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Perhaps there is some water in the oil and it froze? If it sits for a while the water will start to separate from the oil and it goes to the bottom. If it then freezes the differential won't turn.

Garry

• Like 1

Shea Worden
18 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Perhaps there is some water in the oil and it froze? If it sits for a while the water will start to separate from the oil and it goes to the bottom. If it then freezes the differential won't turn.

Garry

Thanks. I would go about solving this by draining all the oil out and then refilling it?

• Like 1

953 nut

Is it safe to presume the tractor was previously operating properly and this just happened? If it is frozen you won't be able to push it. Be sure the High/Low shifter is in either High or Low as Eric said..To be sure the keys are good you should use a magic marker on each axle/hub junction and the pulley/input shaft junction, start it and put it in low gear and observe each point. Since the input pulley IS turning the most likely point to look at would be these three. Anything else would not be attempting to move when you pushed it and would have made a LOT of noise when it happened.

• Like 1

roadapples

Check the clutch lever by the brake. Spring pin can shear takeing tension off of the belt. Ask me also how I know...:bitch:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Shea Worden
On 1/13/2018 at 5:56 PM, 953 nut said:

Is it safe to presume the tractor was previously operating properly and this just happened? If it is frozen you won't be able to push it. Be sure the High/Low shifter is in either High or Low as Eric said..To be sure the keys are good you should use a magic marker on each axle/hub junction and the pulley/input shaft junction, start it and put it in low gear and observe each point. Since the input pulley IS turning the most likely point to look at would be these three. Anything else would not be attempting to move when you pushed it and would have made a LOT of noise when it happened.

Thanks. I haven’t checked yet. It is sitting in the garage over at my neighbors house and I haven’t had time to check backside of school. I will try and look either Wednesday or Thursday. Then I’ll get back to you. Thanks all for the help!!!

• Like 1