Sign in to follow this  
fdchief

PTO shaft

fdchief

Is the connection point on the PTO shafts on all garden tractors the same?

What is the correct terminology for the D-180 PTO connection point?

I know the farm tractors have the 540 and 1000 RPM spline that are different from each other.

I am looking for a PTO tiller for my D-180 and I don

Operator

I can't help on the PTO question but can I throw in a :thumbs: . Someone will be along with more smarts on this one.

Randy

520HC

The D-Series pto is called a 2000 RPM hook up. Your 3-pt hitch is a Catagory 0, so look for this and it will work for you.

HarleyMan46929

The D-Series PTO is called a 2000 RPM hook up. Your 3-pt hitch is a Category 0, so look for this, and it will work for you.

fdchief, the connection is 180-degrees different from the regular 540 RPM where the tractor has the male part of the connection, and the shaft has the female. On the Wheel Horse D-series, the shaft on the implement has to be "male", 1"outside diameter, 15-splined in order to fit inside the 1" inside diameter 15-spline FEMALE coupler on the PTO shaft on the tractor. Good luck!!! You're gonna need a lot of luck...especially on eBay!!!!

I hope this helps clear up the confusion. I just wish Wheel Horse had used commonly-attainable parts instead of the specialized PTO parts they used on the D-series tractors (then); It sure would've made things a lot easier to use and find replacement parts for in the future (now).