DELROY-1

1984 c-195 repaint

DELROY-1

I recently purchased a1984 c-195. I'd like to restore it and would like to know what color red and what color would match the wheels as close to orginal as possible. Thanks for any help you can give me.

• Like 6

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I used rustoleum regal red, linen white for the rims. Others will chime in. Best of luck, dont forget some pictures

And   :wh:          :text-welcomeconfetti:. Oh, if you do a search, this topic has been covered MANY times.

Become a red square supporter if you can.

Glenn

• Like 5

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:    Regal Red and Linen                :text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:

• Like 4

oliver2-44

Welcome

Rustoleum regal red and linen as others have said. Consider adding an enamel hardener such as the Magic brand enamel hardener from tractor supply or Valspar brand. (Do not use the TSC Majic paint). If you want to step the game up and use automotive paint   You can look for a paint thread pinned at the top of the Restoration category

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:       Several good threads on here about painting and paint color. Preperation prior to application is just as important as the final coat of paint. You can find a lot of good information in this thread.

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

:WRS: I purchased a C195 a couple of months ago that I'll likely be restoring in a couple of years.  I can't wait to see yours and what you do with it.  :wwp: we love pics here on the forum.  If you want to keep us informed through pics, you need to become a supporter which is well worth the little bit of investment.  It is a great community that you'll find here and lots of helped as needed for a project like yours. Regarding the paint, I echo the sentiments of the guys above... Good luck and I'll be watching.:popcorn:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

elliot ness

I like Banner red from true value stores. I have painted many Wheel Horse with and well it matches orig.

• Like 1

WHX??

:WRS: Delroy, lots of other fine members in your area!

It's been often said painting a :wh: is like throwing hand grenades, all you have to do is get it close! :)

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Achto

:WRS:  International Harvester red is also a real close match.

• Like 3

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Look out everyone... Dan just lobbed one! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

jay bee

:text-welcomeconfetti:@DELROY-1  to :rs:  We're glad you're here!!! :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 3