Schrec050584

Change in tire size?

Schrec050584

Does anyone know if on my 312-8 wheel horse can i go bigger or smaller on front so i can get a better gripping steering tire? On the back i plan on going with a 23 ag tire. What are recommendations for tires and sizes. I also have a snowblower on it and run into steering grip issues. Any input is appreciated and maybe site to go to get good deal on tires. 

pfrederi

Swap out the front spindles (from a C Series or 400 series) and go for 8 " wheels ,

Schrec050584

What size tire would you run then

953 nut

:WRS:        The best solution for front tire traction on snow and ice is to deflate the tire, wrap #60 chain lengthwise around the tire, secure it with a master link and inflate the tire. You can buy it at any good hardware store or industrial supply.

Image result for #60 chain

• Excellent 2

520hC-120

I put front tire chains on my 520 h and they work great 👍🏻 

ericj
4 hours ago, Schrec050584 said:

What size tire would you run then

the 312-8 ran a 6" tire, Some 300 and the 400 and 500 series ran a 16x6.50x8 front tire, put an add in the wanted section here on RS and hopefully somebody close to you may have a set of spindles and rims that you need to do the swap. I'm not 100% sure but I believe the 6" tires were 15x6x6 or something close to that, it should be on the tire someplace. good luck

eric j

• Like 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:        The best solution for front tire traction on snow and ice is to deflate the tire, wrap #60 chain lengthwise around the tire, secure it with a master link and inflate the tire. You can buy it at any good hardware store or industrial supply.

Image result for #60 chain

I'll add a second vote here for the roller chain.

I ordered some online that was very very reasonable in price.

I'll try to remember to send you a link via pm.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Schrec050584 said:

Does anyone know if on my 312-8 wheel horse can i go bigger or smaller on front so i can get a better gripping steering tire? On the back i plan on going with a 23 ag tire. What are recommendations for tires and sizes. I also have a snowblower on it and run into steering grip issues. Any input is appreciated and maybe site to go to get good deal on tires. 

PM sent