edgro

CL something different

WVHillbilly520H
4 hours ago, edgro said:

Here is something else different

CL Green Bay

00i0i_iGPU5Znbfaj_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_hyfgoKLWsw0_1200x900.jpg

Very ingenious loader design with external cylinders and the resiovor doubles as a weight box , now why didn't I think of that...:confusion-confused:...

• Like 3

dells68

I've looked and looked, but don't see the control valve for the loader.  Am I just missing it?  Pretty nicely done loader, I just wonder about the strength of externally mounted cylinders.  I doubt if the tractor would lift enough to break the mounts though.

• Like 1

pfrederi

It would take a lot of hydro fluid (and money) to fill that tank.

• Like 1

Chris G
1 hour ago, dells68 said:

I've looked and looked, but don't see the control valve for the loader.  

I think the controls are coming through a cut out area on the front of the right hand rear fender. 

Edited by Chris G
  • Like 2

dells68
4 minutes ago, Chris G said:

I think the controls are coming through a cut out area on the front of the right hand rear fender. 

Good eye! Not the most convenient location to be useable.

• Like 1

WHX??
7 hours ago, edgro said:

CL Green Bay

00y0y_hyfgoKLWsw0_1200x900.jpg

Very familiar local tractor here. Been getting it in my emails for a month now and even thought about going to look at it ...except for what he is asking! :blink:

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, dells68 said:

.......  Pretty nicely done loader, I just wonder about the strength of externally mounted cylinders.  I doubt if the tractor would lift enough to break the mounts though.

I reeallyy like the way that's set-up. ....

I really only need to be able to lift 3 or 4 hundred pounds. Big guy like me needs all the space he can get in the leg area and steering area. That thing would actually be a perfect setup for me.

Not sure what the limitations of the external cylinders would be.... I'm quite sure a three-quarter pin should be able to handle a couple hundred pounds each though

• Like 2

WHX??
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

a three-quarter pin should be able to handle a couple hundred pounds

Where are you seeing that EB?

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, WHX14 said:

Where are you seeing that EB?

In all honesty I'm totally guessing by looking at the ends of the cylinders as they are mounted. They may be a smaller pin.

I'm thinking if I was going to put something like that together I would have at least a three-quarter inch pin at the ends of the cylinders

WHX??

I thought maybe you thought the ends were mounted to the 3/4 floor board support but they appear are mounted to a larger pin that must some how run to the sub frame. Would be interesting to see how the builder did that sub frame.

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, WHX14 said:

I thought maybe you thought the ends were mounted to the 3/4 floor board support but they appear are mounted to a larger pin that must some how run to the sub frame. Would be interesting to see how the builder did that sub frame.

I gotcha. I saw that they were separate. I agree with wanting to see how this thing is built. It fascinates me.

Partially because pretty much anything that is Machinery fascinates me. But really, I'd love to know how that setup was put together for my own future reasons.

3 hours ago, pfrederi said:

It would take a lot of hydro fluid (and money) to fill that tank.

Yes that's true. No idea how big that thing is but if its 18 in each Direction that's at least a couple hundred bucks of the cheapest possible fluid. It's also quite a bit of weight ballast back there which is pretty handy. 20 or 25 gallons at seven pounds per gallon? I'm only guessing there...

953 nut
On 1/7/2018 at 8:11 AM, Racinbob said:

I gotta say I like the gray look too. :)

On 1/7/2018 at 8:16 AM, Chris G said:

The Grey is pretty sharp looking.

On 1/7/2018 at 12:06 PM, ACman said:

Gotta say that gray is really nice looking on that round hood. Maybe because gray was a factory color of the workhorse series :confusion-shrug: and I like those too.

On 1/7/2018 at 2:25 PM, Aldon said:

Love the color combo!

On 1/7/2018 at 10:42 PM, Cvans said:

Personally the Grey Wheel Horse looks a lot better than the old grey Ferguson's did. 

On 1/7/2018 at 1:30 PM, 953 nut said:

battleship gray             :text-coolphotos:

Image result for battleship

:confusion-confused:   Seems that the majority of the people who liked the GRAY  were in the US Navy!  :ychain:

• Like 5

AMC RULES

Image result for navy squid smiley

Edited by AMC RULES

Chris G
28 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:confusion-confused:   Seems that the majority of the people who liked the GRAY  were in the US Navy!  :ychain:

I wasn't in the NAVY but I was in the ARMY and I will say naval ships are some very impressive machines. And my hat is tipped to the ones who ran them and maintained them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

lynnmor
10 hours ago, edgro said:

CL Green Bay

Some welds are nice....  then there is the rest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, Chris G said:
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Seems that the majority of the people who liked the GRAY  were in the US Navy!  :ychain:

I wasn't in the NAVY but I was in the ARMY and I will say naval ships are some very impressive machines. And my hat is tipped to the ones who ran them and maintained them.

:thanks:          That is why I said majority.  My brother served in the US Army and we both feel we made the best decision on branch of service. He loves going camping and I was never into it, other than an RV.  Thank you for your service.      :handgestures-salute:

This :wh: is for you!

armytractor2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

AMC RULES

:text-bravo:Hammerhead's War Horse is another of my all time favorite OD green :wh: customs.   

Army_01-590x371.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:thanks:          That is why I said majority.  My brother served in the US Army and we both feel we made the best decision on branch of service. He loves going camping and I was never into it, other than an RV.  Thank you for your service.      :handgestures-salute:

This :wh: is for you!

armytractor2

5 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:text-bravo:Hammerhead's War Horse is another of my all time favorite OD green :wh: customs.   

Army_01-590x371.jpg

I was never in the Armed Forces.

A whole hearted THANK YOU  to those that were or are.

I do appreciate these tractor pics.

Wheelhorse seems to wear All our country's colors well !!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chris G
51 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:thanks:          That is why I said majority. 

I caught that I was just saying what I said cause I have always truly admired and have been fascinated by the naval ships. But it was never a thought of joining the navy for me. I was hard charging in the direction of door kicking and ground pounding. But regardless thank you for your service and thanks to all the other veterans on here. And most of all I'm loving the OD Green machines!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cvans

3 hours ago, Chris G said:

I have always truly admired and have been fascinated by the naval ships.

Those ships do look impressive and are. From my experience though you don't have to be out on one very long and shore duty starts looking really nice. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

rmaynard
21 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Yeah. I'm curious to know the story behind that one. A B160? Didn't know that was a thing.

I too would like to know what that tractor started life as. Could it be a 1982 SB-421? There were no B-160's to the best of my knowledge. 

• Like 2

Racinbob
3 hours ago, rmaynard said:

I too would like to know what that tractor started life as. Could it be a 1982 SB-421? There were no B-160's to the best of my knowledge. 

That caught my eye too. Most of you know about the 1976 B-80 I bought new and then converted it to a 160. I was planning on having Terry make me up a pair of B-160 decals for that reason. I agree with no B-160's out of the factory though. :)

• Like 2

edgro

The notch in the hood looks similar to a GT2500, which has a Briggs

rmaynard

...or a C-111

image.png.f9a57cd8fb07481c782e7d35c1a82994.png

Picture courtesy of an April 2011 post by @rydogg

• Like 1

953 nut
17 hours ago, Cvans said:

Those ships do look impressive and are. From my experience though you don't have to be out on one very long and shore duty starts looking really nice. 

:text-offtopic:       The Commanding Officer and Department Head have more to do with it than land or sea. The shore duty I did was a royal PITA because of the CO and others micromanaging everyone. Had some great sea duty on MSOs (ocean going mine sweeps) and a tender (repair ship). We had a job to do and if it was done well we never heard anything but complements. I was never in the "Real Navy" (destroyers or carriers) so I can't tell you what real sea duty is like.

• Excellent 1