Desko

Lets see the snow rigs!

608KEB

1994 520H. Sweet a** ride!

IMG_20190212_124624695.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine

The 1267 is gassed up, mid mount grader off... snow plow back on, ready to go.

IMG_20190212_154846868.jpg.126da5f3261d74366bd3526072641484.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

peter lena

peacemaker jack , I was just curious about the diesel fuel issue, more often than not , a diesel is a filthy running  stinky unit, with little care and choking fumes. we go out west to drive, often , ran into just the oposet at a stop lite in flagstaff AZ, provost tour bus, right rear corner, back of bus , 2 arrows chasing each other on a 3 inch round  plaque , PENSKE POWER. NO SMOKE , NO SMELL, NO FUMES, fastest bus I have ever seen, pulled me like a freight train, I was lovin it , no smog, pete

608KEB

Well the first picture I posted, all was well. First the belt tension spring broke on the snow thrower:wacko:. So I drove around to 3 places. I found a spring that would work. I was going to stretch the old spring for a temporary fix. But, I gave up on that. So I put the new spring on. Got going for about 10 minutes. The snow thrower pulley went. I couldn't get the part until tomorrow. So, I busted out the other 520H with the 48" plow. Got stuck a few times. So I had to go put the chains on. Finished part of the task. But tractor couldn't go through 8" of wet snow. Had to go for old reliable. A shovel 😭. Finished up mine and 2 other driveways.  I wasn't prepared:blink:. Ha ha ha

IMG_20190212_155309622.jpg

IMG_20190212_155328101.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WHX??

I was 608.. cept for the cabbed 520 not having weight. Hopefully fix that found a guy in mad town with a set of plastic clad ones for twenty clams.  She was my go to tractor with the 12 in we got. I have no clue why I don't swap blowers as the tall chute on 520 #2 out performs the short. Prolly cause I got rehab money stuck into the short and trying to get my use out of it and actually the short doesn't do the worst on my property.

20161211_120756.jpg

20190101_145906.jpg

20180115_161519.jpg

Here I sit with 12 inches of white powder and my pants down!

20190212_182512.jpg

I've posted this before but still get a chuckle. ...my favorite sno removal rig... the missus with a shovel!:lol:

MTC_0068 (0).JPG

Edited by WHX21
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19richie66

Best I could do 

5F2DD1AA-1FF3-4DEB-B8F0-9ED8CF13A735.jpeg

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 8

Gracie's Dad

My $100 snow rig at mom's house

20190212_133754.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Truck #2, heading out for the night

42F5F5A7-C6BF-48D3-9265-F1E3ABD078F4.jpeg

66677D31-0209-423C-BB08-B77623DAB423.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

PeacemakerJack
4 hours ago, peter lena said:

peacemaker jack , I was just curious about the diesel fuel issue, more often than not , a diesel is a filthy running  stinky unit, with little care and choking fumes...

Peter...you need to ask one of these other guys about this who will be less partial. The reason why is because I went to give plasma and when they put the needle in my arm, diesel fuel started coming out!:liar:  

Seriously though, I really like diesel machines. I like the power, I like the low fuel consumption, durability, etc.  I don’t have a problem with the smell of diesel burning.  That being said, both my diesel GT’s seem to run pretty clean.  

4 hours ago, peter lena said:

...provost tour bus, right rear corner, back of bus...PENSKE POWER. NO SMOKE , NO SMELL, NO FUMES, fastest bus I have ever seen, pulled me like a freight train, I was lovin it...

You will find that these newer diesels are clean, powerful, but more complex.  Sounds like the diesel power is trying to draw you in...

• Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

No frills...

C 105

10 hp 8 speed...

gets it done...

77EC41E6-016F-46AB-ADA0-68A7069E7381.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

WVHillbilly520H
7 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Peter...you need to ask one of these other guys about this who will be less partial. The reason why is because I went to give plasma and when they put the needle in my arm, diesel fuel started coming out!:liar:  

Seriously though, I really like diesel machines. I like the power, I like the low fuel consumption, durability, etc.  I don’t have a problem with the smell of diesel burning.  That being said, both my diesel GT’s seem to run pretty clean.  

You will find that these newer diesels are clean, powerful, but more complex.  Sounds like the diesel power is trying to draw you in...

I have to compacts both Daedong powered the only time they are stinky nasty are when first fired up, and very seldom when pushed a bit hard in the summer, my Onans have more noxious smells since new than the lil oil burners. @PeacemakerJack awesome deal on the chucker mods glad you like.

• Thanks 1

608KEB
2 hours ago, WHX21 said:

I was 608.. cept for the cabbed 520 not having weight. Hopefully fix that found a guy in mad town with a set of plastic clad ones for twenty clams.  She was my go to tractor with the 12 in we got. I have no clue why I don't swap blowers as the tall chute on 520 #2 out performs the short. Prolly cause I got rehab money stuck into the short and trying to get my use out of it and actually the short doesn't do the worst on my property.

20161211_120756.jpg

20190101_145906.jpg

20180115_161519.jpg

Here I sit with 12 inches of white powder and my pants down!

20190212_182512.jpg

I've posted this before but still get a chuckle. ...my favorite sno removal rig... the missus with a shovel!:lol:

MTC_0068 (0).JPG

The last picture is my favorite! I called on those wheel weights 4-5 days ago. Your lucky I didn't scoop em up. I had the same problem with a short chute snow thrower. I have about $600 in it. I use it at the tin can location. A.K.A. the farm. Looks like you better put the one crew shovel operator to work on the 2 stage!

Edited by 608KEB
  • Thanks 1

Gracie's Dad

My $100 snow rig at mom's house

20190212_133754.jpg

• Like 4

rdeanrj58

1973 14 auto 

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat::text-coolphotos: nice looking rig there and some wet heavy looking snow!  Looks like you took care of it.  

rdeanrj58

It did a great job.  May add wheel weights at some point.   Pushing snow is fun.  Good seat time on an old WH 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
14 hours ago, 608KEB said:

Your lucky I didn't scoop em up

Really I couldn't believe they were on CL for over two weeks. Run down and pick them up on Sat. They are just the concrete one but for 20 bucks a guy can't go wrong. When the deuce does go on the tires are going to get loaded and a weight box. Unbelievable how much weight makes a difference.  

The other thing I was thinking is possibly ags with rubber chains, I got some nice chain marks on some concrete now.

The problem with that is now I have a 1/2" of glare ice under the snow where it thawed a bit but then quickly refroze. Not sure how ags/rubber would work on that.

I think I need to just avoid situations where tires might spin. Other wise weighted turfs with chains do a fine job.

15 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

my Onans have more noxious smells

Mine don't at all Billy, except for the one with bad rings but he is out of commission now. Gotta love the way Onans sound when the auger gets stuffed in a drift! Unreal the power of them in deep snow when they are running right.

Edited by WHX21
  • Excellent 3

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, WHX21 said:

I think I need to just avoid situations where tires might spin. Other wise weighted turfs with chains do a fine job.

Mine don't at all Billy, except for the one with bad rings but he is out of commission now. Gotta love the way Onans sound when the auger gets stuffed in a drift! Unreal the power of them in deep snow when they are running right.

Jim, you are 100% about weight making the most difference, between the cab, iron wheel weights, the suitcase weights hanging out/off the back plus 6+/- gallons of methanol, the new Lawn Trac R1s give me superb traction on my asphalt driveway once I get the deuce a chucking, the open station 520 plow rig doesn't have as much weight and on a few frozen spots it would let me know, now as far as "noxious smells" I believe mine are set a bit "fat" and that raw unburnt fuel smell lingers in my clothing, not any blow by or other lubricants shooting out the mufflers yet.

• Thanks 2

608KEB
13 hours ago, WHX21 said:

Really I couldn't believe they were on CL for over two weeks. Run down and pick them up on Sat. They are just the concrete one but for 20 bucks a guy can't go wrong. When the deuce does go on the tires are going to get loaded and a weight box. Unbelievable how much weight makes a difference.  

The other thing I was thinking is possibly ags with rubber chains, I got some nice chain marks on some concrete now.

The problem with that is now I have a 1/2" of glare ice under the snow where it thawed a bit but then quickly refroze. Not sure how ags/rubber would work on that.

I hear you with the ice. I don't use salt on the surfaces. The chains I use have the 2 point on spike on each link that digs in decent. The weights help a lot.

Edited by 608KEB

Navig8r

My snow rig at work Wednesday.... Little more comfortable than my 416, but it would be better with a plow instead of a bucket..... Not complaining..... Waaaay better than a shovel any day 😁

IMG_20190213_084953176.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Navig8r

My 416-H 

IMG_20190130_000423469_BURST001.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
34 minutes ago, Navig8r said:

My snow rig at work Wednesday.... Little more comfortable than my 416, but it would be better with a plow instead of a bucket..... Not complaining..... Waaaay better than a shovel any day 😁

IMG_20190213_084953176.jpg

More details please?  Does that boom telescope?

Navig8r
30 minutes ago, pullstart said:

More details please?  Does that boom telescope?

Yup.... It's a Tauralift T144 .... 4wd, rear wheel steer.... Boom telescopes .. not a huge lifting capacity, but a neat little machine complete with heat and stereo 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1