Desko

Lets see the snow rigs!

JCM

Eric, you have the same look on your face as that grandson had while hauling firewood.Be carefull plowing with that tomorrow, cold temps tonight snow will be haaaaaaaaad by monin.Dont want you to stove that thing up. By the way ,that plow is HUGE. Good luck with it.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

PeacemakerJack
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

The Cinnamon Horse as my new snow rig!!

IMG_20190304_175110835.jpg

That’s too cool Eric!  A “Mainar” with a restored working horse, a big blade, and a smile indicative of future fun to be had with this machine.  

BRING ON THE SNOW!  Don’t lose your camera...can’t wait to see this thing working

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, JCM said:

plow is HUGE

It went well last night.

The plow is a 48. It's just the angle of the picture...

Boy that 16hp is a bit of a beeaast.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Haha 1

Super-C 4 me

It was fun plowing with the C81 at my uncles, still need those chains though. (there on order) still what a little tank, and a good pusher when she hooks up. had a lot of ice under the snow.

IMG_2342.JPG.9cce692cd6b7a2b4fb39e2634bbcf961.JPG

But at home.

I have to say, I'm lovin my 520XI, what a beast, foot controls and lift lever next to the steering wheel.

IMG_2368.JPG.0d06cf717836c3bb380a0222f70ee5c3.JPGIMG_2370.JPG.511c78a0a0c2a1baf555b1af1c74e9d4.JPGIMG_2367.JPG.c72de8efac0de260a122a3c250be1703.JPG

For just getting the job done a hurry, this is my new go to for plowing.

Edited by bmiller0457
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 4

aHorseofCourse

Found the elusive 2 stage on the 'list' earlier this year.  Let me just say the rumors are true, it's a beast!  I can't believe how well it works, and also how heavy it is.  Prolly pushing 1500lbs the way it sits.  As a bonus, the 18 horse Briggs sure sounds sweet loaded down!  I need to make a clutch adjustment, it was squealing trying to keep up!

image2.jpeg.2ca23d7ef9b4bc3b200bd320140621af.jpeg

image3.jpeg.05acddf13e3d9cd3213df98c69cbdd22.jpeg

image4.jpeg.a57b8b7bb637d9ff0b0b5b192ee11b14.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

WVHillbilly520H

Sweet set up you have there...only thing I would change is having a cab... I see you are running the OTR R1s on the front as well :handgestures-thumbupright:.

IMAG5470.jpg

IMAG5467.jpg

IMAG4260.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

peter lena

great looking horses there, yesterday we had a a wet/ warmer /  change over that could only be handled, with a plow ,it was so heavy you were literally pushing water. stayed on it till it was all clear, sun and wind handled the rest . glad i got that done , 16 deg today, ice cube, Pete

• Like 2

WHX??

That is one nice lookin rig there @aHorseofCourse. Gotta like the lighting and the automatics on the chute! Even the front gearbox support! :handgestures-thumbupright: Agree with Jeff on the cab tho after watching @PeacemakerJack blowing on his uncabbed xi!

• Haha 1

PeacemakerJack

Not everyone needs or can even use the BIG DEUCE for their snow removal duties...but for those with a large drive or those getting better than 60” of snowfall over a single winter season, I HIGHLY recommend one.  They place the snow so far out that you don’t have to keep moving it over and over before you get it where you want it.  In town, I have no doubt that you could probably toss the snow from your drive, skip your neighbor and throw it to their neighbors yard with light snow and working with the wind. :DCrazy powerful snowblowers for sure.

I WILL have a cab for the Dxi eventually.  @WHX22 stopped in on Saturday for awhile just as I was finishing up. He saw the snow flying from the backside of the shed and wondered what was up, then he saw me covered in snow on the big D.  :occasion-snowman:He said, “Jack, you need a cab!”  

Well said.

I’d really like to see if I could get a solid cozy cab from a JD X series to work on my machine.  Those have integrated heating working off their liquid cooled motors and glass all around for optimal viewing...one of these days

• Like 1

WHX??
5 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

JD X series

As long as you paint it RED!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat:Absolutely!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

Guys, what do you do near garage structures, houses, etc to keep them clean of snow?  Multiple sideways passes? Drag snow backwards?

WHX??

I don't know about the other guys but I fire up a shovel and hand it to the MIssus! :laughing-rolling:

Ok yes she tells me where to go!

I have an old POS MTD/Yard machine/big box cheapy bhind that I use for cleanup & close quarters work. Blows a nice 28" path out to the magic parts shed and the propane tank.

Has a generic Techy 8 hp. snow champ motor on it Got in from my FIL estate so it did come with the Missus. Actually it runs  pretty good and always starts 2nd PULLSTART!

I beat it pretty hard and wished it would throw a rod as I see a few vintage WH trailblazers bhinds on CL from time to time and think it would be cool to have one of those. She just keeps running tho!

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

PeacemakerJack
44 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Guys, what do you do near garage structures, houses, etc to keep them clean of snow?  Multiple sideways passes? Drag snow backwards?

I generally start with a shovel around the perimeter access points from the house and shed to create enough room to get at it with the blade or blower.  It’s a little bit of :tools-hammerdrill: but generally is a functional solution.  I do like Jim’s idea of keeping a walk behind on deck of that though...

ebinmaine

Trina and I do a combo platter attack here.

Shovels

Huge snowblower

Wheelhorse Plow

Pullstart

So we need some box style back blades, huh?

WVHillbilly520H
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

So we need some box style back blades, huh?

:confusion-confused: perhaps? Option 1 or 2...

withattachment.jpg

IMAG4775.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

aHorseofCourse
On 3/5/2019 at 9:30 AM, PeacemakerJack said:

up

On 3/5/2019 at 7:54 AM, WVHillbilly520H said:

Sweet set up you have there...only thing I would change is having a cab... I see you are running the OTR R1s on the front as well :handgestures-thumbupright:.

IMAG5470.jpg

IMAG5467.jpg

IMAG4260.jpg

Yes the OTR are working really well for me on the front!  They seem to be a softer compound than my Carlisles on the rear, so that would explain the extra traction.  I've had them about a year and I honestly think they are wearing down already.  I'll gladly pay the price of a slightly shorter life for more traction.

aHorseofCourse
On 3/5/2019 at 9:08 AM, WHX22 said:

That is one nice lookin rig there @aHorseofCourse. Gotta like the lighting and the automatics on the chute! Even the front gearbox support! :handgestures-thumbupright: Agree with Jeff on the cab tho after watching @PeacemakerJack blowing on his uncabbed xi!

Thanks!  We mostly get the wet snow/slush/ice here in PA so I don't turn into a snowman too often.  I may get a cab eventually tho as it sure would be nice! :handgestures-thumbupright: