steelman

60" deck

steelman

Will. 60" deck fit on a 416 tractor? 

Ed Kennell

I have never tried it, but if the 520s need the forward swept axle to clear the 60" deck, then I would think it would not clear the front wheels on the 416.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Ed is correct, you would need to swap out the front end which is very doable. Probably wouldn't be the worst to find given all the 520s being parted out these days.

Edited by WHX14
speeling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tankman

48" deck = seat time. :text-imsorry:

Honest Hon, shopping as soon as I'm done mowin' the lawn.

• Haha 5

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:'Nother trick is to take the outside blades off for increased seat time. ....really Hon I have no idea why it's taking so long :confusion-confused: ...  I promise we'll go to your mothers as soon as I'm done!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

steelman

Thanks for the feedback guys. I didn't think it would work either. There is a guy wanting to swap a 60" for a 48" and seeing that I have a couple 48's I thought I would ask the question. As far as seat time, my wife does most of the mowing with her Dixie Chopper, but I get a fair amount of seat time at my farm with a C160 hydro. It really does an amazing job on the fringe areas and even opening up deer trails. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Ed Kennell

:naughty:   Shhh, you guys are leaking classified info.

28 minutes ago, WHX14 said:

:text-yeahthat:'Nother trick is to take the outside blades off for increased seat time. ....really Hon I have no idea why it's taking so long :confusion-confused: ...  I promise we'll go to your mothers as soon as I'm done!

2 hours ago, Tankman said:

48" deck = seat time. :text-imsorry:

Honest Hon, shopping as soon as I'm done mowin' the lawn.

6 minutes ago, steelman said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I didn't think it would work either. There is a guy wanting to swap a 60" for a 48" and seeing that I have a couple 48's I thought I would ask the question. As far as seat time, my wife does most of the mowing with her Dixie Chopper, but I get a fair amount of seat time at my farm with a C160 hydro. It really does an amazing job on the fringe areas and even opening up deer trails. 

Just a couple points;

the 60" deck uses a different (spring loaded ) mule drive.

I have sold 60" decks w/mule drive for $600,  48" for $300.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

steelman

Wow, that's amazing. I saw two 520's with decks sell at an auction a couple of months ago. I have a few too many projects now and they were pretty rough; I just stood there and watched as the one that ran sold for $375 and the other one that didn't run went for $75. I sure wished I would have bid on them, if nothing else a parts tractor for someone. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 1

WHX??

Truth be told my wife does most of the mowing too... keeps her out of the taverns... :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ed Kennell

There are two 60"ers on Flea Bay now for $700 and $900.

PeacemakerJack

@steelman if you can work a trade like that—looks like it would be worth it!  One thing I’ll say about the big 60” is that they are really heavy.  Unless you are a power lifter by trade, you aren’t gonna just pick one of those up and move it around!  I have one on my wife’s 523D and it is a great deck and does an excellent job on our 2 acre lawn.  

Another way way to get more seat time is to have the idler spring on the deck break while you are cutting.  Kinda works like Jim was describing but occasionally the outer blades work...:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

953 nut
20 hours ago, WHX14 said:

wife does most of the mowing too

How on earth did you teach her a trick like that?      :ychain:

• Haha 1