Desko

Onan B43M to electronic ignition

Desko

I'm currently switching my D160 to electronic ignition and doing away with the point and swapping the carb out for the nikki 6100. I currently have the motor out of the tractor and on the bench to do this. It doesn't look to bad to do as I have all the parts off a p220 onan including the timing cover and points block off plate. This is where I'm at so far

IMG_2787.JPG

IMG_2786.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Desko

A little more progress today. I got the timing covers switched out and the higher amp stator in it now. I put a new oil seal in it and man that one was a bugger to get it to go. I've taken the points box off and put the blocker plate on. I've decided to try and save the old DD carb with some new jets gaskets and a cleaning but unfortunately I have to run to Napa to get helicoils to fix the spark plug holes. Everything fits as it should though! 

IMG_2789.JPG

IMG_2791.JPG

IMG_2792.JPG

• Like 1

boomers_influence

desko

you may want to call me on this,

as i have done 3 of them so far.

i gave you my contact information a few days back, again.

thank you. boomer ( the used onan engine parts guy, also NOS and new )

Desko

Boomer, I will give you a call when I get a little down time I've been pretty busy with the farm and fighting this terrible freezing cold! -20 here today. 

But on another note. It is finished and definitely starts better and runs better. For those interested in doing this swap you will need...

1. a timing cover off a P series 

2. rotor, pickup, condenser, and a coil

3. points block off plate or you can leave the points box (I took it off because it gives more room) 

4. new plug wires (I made my own) 

All in all it was worth the swap I have yet to find out if I will need better spark plugs though time will tell. I did this swap because I had all the parts handy from several other onans that were junk (blown rods) and I saved all the goodies from. 

IMG_2794.JPG

IMG_2795.JPG

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2797.JPG

Edited by Desko
  • Excellent 1