henryhpsd

My "saved" 520 Hydro WH

formariz

Its just deplorable how some people neglect their stuff. You probably feel like someone who just rescued an abused animal. Lucky for this animal it found you and it is as tough as they come. Looking forward to see the recovery.

• Like 6

JoeM

Already got a name, "441"!

Those kind of finds can be a challenge, It sounds like you got a fighting chance having engine compression.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
27 minutes ago, formariz said:

Looking forward to see the recovery.

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

nice find, where in our little country was this one? dont think i've seen it on the usual sites like mp and speurders

:flags-netherlands:

• Like 1

953 nut
2 hours ago, henryhpsd said:

Hoping to can forward my questions

Helping fellow :wh:  owners is what we are all about. I suspect that a 520 is a bit scarce in Europe.       :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

wfrpalm

Give that tractor some love, it looks like it needs it.

• Like 1

steelman

Nice find for you and it sounds like you will take good care of "441". Makes one wonder about the history of this machine. I too would think they would be pretty rare in Europe. 

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I like the 441 name, different.

Glenn

• Like 1

henryhpsd

Hello All !

Thanks for the replies....it already helped !:greetings-clappingyellow:

C-101plowerpower I was actually hoping you could have some info about this one ?

Maybe you have seen one before with similar numbers ?

It was picked-up in a small village (10min) South from A'dam..near the A2 highway. That guy seems to have a deal with "someone"...not a clue who..

But from time to time he has a couple garden tractors/mowers and sells them. This was his first Wheel Horse he got in the "packedge" (he says) 

I got it for 300 euro's. And it was on MP but it only was on for 15..20 min. 

Initially i thought...well extra spare parts for my 316-8 ...that was the idea...although thinking back..and beeing honest...

It seems i all ready had the idea of "bringing it back to the living" from starters hihi. if i could... It has compression, so like oiluj52 said, its worth a shot..

Like steelman was considering ...i havnt got a clue either...

Would you consider the 520H to be rare here ? I think i saw a diesel version on MP a while ago? but i cant really remember seeing 520H for sale that often ?

Owh...and I got the "folder" from Wheel Horse in Dutch..not sure...10 pages ?...its in "mint" condition...very happy with it.

If you don't have it I could make a copy for u if needed ....

Kind regards,

Henry !

Paul Van Benschoten
2 hours ago, henryhpsd said:

And it was on MP but it only was on for 15..20 min. 

What is MP?  Is it a for sale website similar to Craigslist? 

Ps: My brother and I spent some time in Bunschoten-Spakenburg two years ago. We want to try a biking tour of The Netherlands sometime soon. 

• Like 1

henryhpsd

Hi !.

.. yes MP is marktplaats : https://www.marktplaats.nl/z.html?query=wheel+horse&categoryId=0&postcode=9865TG&distance=0&searchOnTitleAndDescription=true

I remember 20...30 years ago there was biking tour from north to the South part of the Netherlands. Organised by a "USA" tour operator.

Each summer sunday around noon ....about 40..50 people came by our place. I always ran outside and had a talk with who was on the crossing point .. really nice !.

Im sure you will be able to find some information about "where to go" etc.... If u need any help when u are here, Im up north near the city of Opende..just give me a call...

Ill see if i can put my cellphone number to u...have to run now.. were talking the kids to a movie.. (I have a free day..taking apart the 520h..not easy with all bolts giving issues hihi) 

Kind regards,

H. 

• Thanks 1

Paul Van Benschoten

Thanks for the offer of help and phone number. We probably wont start really planning another trip there until 2020. My brother now has two kids in collage that he is paying for.

henryhpsd

No worries..  you are more then welcome if you need help in anyway....