Redisbest

79366 model snowblowers

Redisbest

Does anyone have or know of a service manual for a 5xi snowblower....did they make one ? Any help would be appreciated.

gwest_ca

No service manual but

What is the serial number of the snowthrower. There are more manuals.

Garry

Redisbest
2 hours ago, Redisbest said:

Does anyone have or know of a service manual for a 5xi snowblower....did they make one ? Any help would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, gwest_ca said:

No service manual but

What is the serial number of the snowthrower. There are more manuals.

Garry

Serial number is 8900632...Garry I have owner & parts manual already....unless there is a manual I don't know about...I'd appreciate it,...reason being, I had to take out the impeller to repair it (customer had dropped an trailer hub in drive....under 16" snow...the WH sucked it up and bent all the flights to h###. Not happy. I have parts on shelf to replace bushings & seals in auger gear housing....my question is ...is the locking collar for main carrier bearing what holds the empeller shaft in the gear housing. That would mean total stack up of associated parts dictates how well the shaft rides in gear housing.

gwest_ca

The primary reason for the locking collar is to lock the shaft to the inner bearing race so the shaft does not rotate inside the bearing. If it does that successfully it should keep the shaft in position laterally. Have one now that the collar is at the end of the shaft and they keep loosing it in the snow. Thinking of making a longer shaft so a regular shaft collar can be added to the end of the shaft and maybe between the two it will stay put.

Looks like the first operator manual had an addendum added to it and then the 2nd manual was likely reprinted to make the corrections. Did you see it?

Garry