JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Horses on the ready, Friday's snow fight

KC9KAS

Looks like you are well prepared for a "blizzard"!

Be safe!

• Like 2

dclarke

Looks like you're ready, Glenn. That cab looks good on there. I wish we'd get rid of these low temps and get a little snow. 

Edited by dclarke
  • Like 1

953 nut
34 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

forcasters are saying 6" to 12" inches for where I live. We will see how accurate they are.

:text-coolphotos:          Let it snow, your crew can do the job.        :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Red144runner

We have been in single digits and below zero for a few days now and more snow on way. Best of luck but you look ready

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

My lordy, chains used to be a snap to put on. Must be getting older and stiffer. :lol:

One side on and one to go. Shout out to Jeff, WV hillbilly for suggesting these chain tensioners to me. There not on perfect, but they pull in the slop from the chain and make it snug and tight.

Glenn

20180103_204934.jpg

20180103_205507.jpg

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

:text-offtopic:             When do you move into the new house?

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
4 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-offtopic:             When do you move into the new house?

That won't happen till spring. Just passed my frame inspection today. Fire insection is Friday. Plumbing and electric are inspected and passed. 

Then we can Insulate. I need JCPL to get my power to the house. Then we can sheetrock and tape. Will keep you posted. I need heat in the home for that. Oh, the gas meter gets set next week, a small thing I forgot.   :lol:

Glenn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Desko

Out here in SW PA were suppose to get hit tomorrow and Monday into Tuesday so I'll be converting the D160 onan to electronic ignition today. Say you're in New Jersey you ever heard of a guy called onelonleyfarmer aka Wes Pandy 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-woo: We've got nothing here, at least not yet.

Here's hoping Glenn and the boys...

20180103_190436.jpg

have scared it all away.   :greetings-clapyellow:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Pollack Pete

Looks like you're more than ready.You'll wonder how you ever blew snow without a cab.Lights are all working too,I see.Safety first.Upstate NY has 2 to 4 in.starting this AM.I think we're right on the edge of the big storm.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Little snow and lots of wind here this morning.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
4 hours ago, Desko said:

Out here in SW PA were suppose to get hit tomorrow and Monday into Tuesday so I'll be converting the D160 onan to electronic ignition today. Say you're in New Jersey you ever heard of a guy called onelonleyfarmer aka Wes Pandy 

No, never heard of him. But looked him up, found his website a few you tubes of him talking about his trucks and stuff.  Interesting.

Glenn

24 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Little snow and lots of wind here this morning.

Ed, a peek outside shows me about 2 inches of snow so far. Snowing to beat the band and those winds are HOWLING today. Looks rough. The drifting will be interesting. Battle plans will happen later.

Glenn

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
11 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

My lordy, chains used to be a snap to put on. Must be getting older and stiffer. :lol:

Glenn

20180103_204934.jpg

I don't know if it would help the installation Glenn, but I always install the chains with the open side of the cross chain connecting link away from the sidewall. Less chance of the open hook gouging the sidewall.  I see you have yours against the sidewall.  Depending on the design,  It does make it more difficult to connect some of the side chain connectors.     :twocents-02cents:

• Like 6

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
42 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I don't know if it would help the installation Glenn, but I always install the chains with the open side of the cross chain connecting link away from the sidewall. Less chance of the open hook gouging the sidewall.  I see you have yours against the sidewall.  Depending on the design,  It does make it more difficult to connect some of the side chain connectors.     :twocents-02cents:

I noticed that last night. I was to bushed to flip it.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Radar right now. Right in the thick of things. 

Glenn

Screenshot_20180104-091025.jpg

Screenshot_20180104-092010.jpg

Screenshot_20180104-093439.jpg

• Sad 1

ericj

brrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!! wind will be almost the same here, just a little less snow. They shut my job down Tue for the dusting of snow we got last week and again today for snow and possibly tomorrow, not sure I'll want to work out side tomorrow for 9 hrs in the temps they are forcasting.

eric j  

eric j 

• Like 3

Sarge

Looks like from the forecast you'll get a pretty good snowfall - but mostly high winds and that's a problem . I'd suggest getting after that clean up quickly - as soon as possible since the temps are supposed to drop significantly and the super cold air mass we've had here the past 2wks is coming your way. Once that hits, cab or no cab you don't want to be out when the wind chill is passed - 30*F. Around here , we're used to high wind problems associated with the open plains - but what you're going to get is an odd arctic air mass - the temps can drop 40* or more per hour - that's not funny and you can get frostbite really quickly. The last snowfall we had here was just over 4" - but I cleaned it up that evening in the dark for a reason - by the next morning the high temperature was down to 6*F and dropping fast - everyone else in town that didn't get theirs done was miserable and didn't do nearly as much cleaning work as usual - one guy got frostbite pretty good on both hands running his CC and the blade - he's out of commision for a few weeks now and the old folks he takes care of are now my problem if the village doesn't take care of it , which they usually won't .

Good luck ,be safe and keep warm . Taking breaks is important and don't sweat letting the tractor run if necessary to keep the engine/trans warm - it's worth the extra fuel .

Sarge

• Like 2

AMC RULES
8 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:text-woo: We've got nothing here, at least not yet.

Here's hoping Glenn and the boys...have scared it all away.   :greetings-clapyellow:

:blink: Having looked outside now Glenn...

IMG_8013.JPG.b9b55c2a33dec117718c5b44c015324d.JPG

I'm thinking, you and the boys might need some bigger lights.   :ph34r:

• Like 2

squonk

We got 4" in an hour at work a little north of my house. It all was lake effect. then it backed off. About 2" here with the wind. Hope I don't get a lot more snow. Motor in Skonk is giving up the ghost. I have to scrape and clean the plug in an hour run time. Installed an anti-fouler today in hope to limp thru the winter. C-160 is buried in the shed. Only want to get the 520 and blower & Elvis out if I really have too. 

• Like 3

ericj

just called the info line and it said site will be open in the morning, mixed blessing, need the money but not sure I want to work in the bitter windy and cold conditions, oh well a man has to do what he has to do ..........

eric j

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Kurt-NEPA

Wow Glenn!  You got dumped on.  We are not that far apart and we got an inch or so.

Looks like your Horses got this one well in hand.  That cab is a real plus for us old grey beards.  I wouldn't be without one.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hey, how many of you guys noticed that in my thread title I  put , " FRIDAYS SNOW FIGHT "

DUH ,,,,, I been doing battle ,, all day ,, TODAY ,,,,, its THURSDAY.   :lol: :rolleyes:

I guess tomorrow will be Fridays mop up operation.   Fwiw, snowdrifts are rolling in  :wacko:

Glenn   :text-imsorry: