Steve_O

Cab LED Lights

Steve_O

Does anyone have a specific make and model of LED pod or light bar that they would recommend based on first hand experience?

This would be for a snow cab.   I'm not looking for Rigid ($$$) quality, maybe $30-$50 price range.

WHX??

Here's a good thread on them Steve

You'ill find many more --use the search block keywords cab light(s)

I favor the cheapys off e bay.

• Like 1

Sarge
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

I've got several pairs of those small flood lights from Nilight - they are excellent and very tough . One pair lives right behind the front wheels of my Dodge pickup and despite the aluminum guards I made they get sprayed with salt all winter in Illinois - no problems yet in the 2 winters they have been under there . I use them for reverse lamps for backing up the trailer at night and they shine 45* outward to light up along the truck and the area the trailer is headed to - works excellent . That pair are the spot type and they easily shine 100' in a nice even light . Another pair was just installed under the rear of the trailer in the flood variety - they light up behind the trailer very well without blinding anyone else , even in parking lots and such at night and the best mod I've done to it , ever . Need to pick up 2 more pair of the floods for the D - planning on an overhead bar for front/rear lamps and these 18w Nilight brand are easily the best bang for the buck - they are highly used by the off road folks for their quality and durability . Hardware is somewhat sub-par but I replace most of it with 18-8 SS , at least on the mounting bolts . The adjustment screws on the sides I'd highly recommend using aluminum friendly anti-seize so they cannot corrode - just as insurance . If you solder and boot the wire connections they should live a very long time - I also use some silicon adhesive to seal up the wiring where it enters the lamp just as an extra seal to prevent water intrusion . The ones on the old Land Cruiser have been submerged several times without failing or showing any moisture in the lenses - they still work great after 5yrs and light up the rear area perfectly .

That company also makes some of the small light bars - never used one personally but the off road folks seem to love them .

Sarge

Steve_O

Thanks.  This is what I was looking for.

• Like 2