Ed Kennell

2017 Last Walk

PeacemakerJack

Now that you pointed it out Eric—I gotta leave it:P  

I guess I need to read my posts a little more carefully before hitting “Submit”...:techie-studyinggray:

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
43 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

I guess I need to read my posts a little more carefully before hitting “Submit”...:techie-studyinggray:

Oh I don't know maybe not. I've been known to leave mistakes on purpose because I find them extremely amusing!

• Haha 1

Pullstart
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:58 AM, PeacemakerJack said:

My family has owned a lot of neat vehicles over the years but most of those were sold at some point.  The vehicle that has been owned the longest is my uncle kens 1969 Chev C20. He purchased it as the second owner in 1974 and it was a daily driver for a decade.  I remember riding in it as a young man then in 1984 it was taken out of service...21A70770-E0DF-4E7C-8E99-CC8F1B1A87CC.jpeg.d997fed4b6ddc9bf3ab73639a7d448c9.jpeg

It has the very typical Wisconsin rust on the bedsides, the rockers are nearly gone, as are about half of the floor boards.  Door lowers are a little rough and after sitting for so many years I’m sure that the fuel system, brake system, etc need to be gone over.

48E30BEF-6D44-4F17-88C9-9D23D4CB6630.jpeg.8123bd46e6e66c8162b9a06c9de263a2.jpeg

Ken has agreed to sell it to us for the family discount rather than sell it off to someone else.  Honestly, I could find much better candidates to start a restoration with but none will be able to reproduce the nostalgia of being in my family for 44 years and counting!  

2DED4940-9513-4F65-9445-9D6089E6762A.jpeg.d3da23b90eb06e14992db2c0aae3eb8c.jpeg

As far as C20’s go—it’s pretty plain Jane.  350, 4spd with granny low, 4.11 posi, manual everyrhing except brakes.  It is my desire to get it running and driveable this summer while replacing the rockers and floor pans.  Change the wheels to something that makes the whole “rat rod” persona pop and clearcoat the whole truck in satin to seal it.  Then, in a few years, if we can afford it, begin a full restoration on it. The mags I was looking at have articles on restoring vintage GM pickups...I sure have a lot more ideas than time or money. :confusion-waiting:

Nice truck, still!  I've got a 69' C10 that I'm itching to get into the garage.  When I got it, it had the original 307/3 on the tree but it burned 2 qts of oil on the 45-50 mile ride home... so the 307's on a stand and it's got an 86' 350 in it currently and I kept the trans original.  It's so much fun to cruise in, but needs a few things... A freeze plug, thermostat, hoses...  Still looks solid, needs rockers though.

Edited by pullstart
double post