19richie66

Lost my buddy yesterday

19richie66

Hard day yesterday. Had to put down my buddy Rosco. Had him since he was a baby. He started having seizures back at the beginning of the year and they were far apart at that time. Put him on meds and it helped for a while. He started having them more frequently and it started affecting his eyesight. Never was 100% after that. Doc figured he had a brain tumor. He started coming out of his seizures and was aggressive and that wasn't the dog he was. He had a bad one yesterday when I got up to go to work so I got to sit with him for a while before I left for work. My wife said after I left he had another and it was as bad. Hated to do it but couldn't see him suffer any longer. He loved his tractor rides. He was a wheel horse fan for sure. It's never easy and sure is different around the house. Like family, love them while you have them. You never know. 

IMG_5214.JPG

IMG_4581.JPG

IMG_5497.JPG

IMG_5921.PNG

• Like 6
  • Sad 20

AMC RULES

Sorry for your loss...

RIP Rosco.   :pray:

Roscoe.jpg.b1cc85371bb04f0fb346d722b56b0ab6.jpg

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi

They become such an important part of out lives.  Sorry for your loss.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

857 horse

tuff goodbye;s  tuff love ,,,    we know this loss.................so sorry 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H

Sorry for your loss.

• Thanks 1

KC9KAS

Our pets are our family! Sorry for your loss.

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Yes we all been there Richie. .. Lucy says sorry for your loss

20171231_093055.jpg

• Thanks 1

ACman

Sorry for your loss :(....pets (especially dogs) are a hard one as they just give you their unconditional love. You and the Mrs. keep strong and I’ll say a prayer for you today.

R.I.P.  Rosco

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Achto

Sorry for your loss Richie. It's hard to let them go.

• Thanks 1

Horse Newbie

All four of us...me, Bailey, Angel, and Corky say "sorry for your loss."0928161859a.jpg.29b03f4663fa5ba5f25235aaae8490a1.jpg0928161859.jpg.a2235c6aec19495811e5a473e8f91300.jpgIMG_20171217_123134768_HDR.jpg.d2bdfb048fdeace096b95681cf435725.jpg

Edited by Horse Newbie
misspelled word
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

sorry for your loss...

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Thanks guys. I have these clowns to ribb me now. Never a dull moment for sure. And you are right about unconditional love. They are always happy when you come through the door.

IMG_3499.JPG

IMG_5391.JPG

IMG_5715.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

rmaynard

Sorry for your loss. Went through a similar scenario the day before Christmas last year with my 16 year old cat. It's never easy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Racinbob

We're so sorry to hear about your loss Richie. That's one of the hardest decisions a person has to make even knowing it's time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dclarke

Sorry to hear this, Richie. We had to do the same thing a few years ago and it's never easy. 

• Thanks 1

Sarge

We just had to let go of our Lab mix couch potato - wife is still having a pretty hard time with it since he slept with her every night and our shepherd isn't that type of dog . For the short time we have them they are truly a gift - but it comes with that price tag at the end that we all know far too well . It's so tough to let them go but the memories never leave - that and time is what heals . I think we're all better people when we have pets - they make a connection that other humans just can't do - it's really a special bond that runs so deep .

RIP , Rosco - sorry for your loss .

Sarge

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

steelman

Sad story with the seizures and knowing that his time was coming to an end. One of the saddest days of my life was having to put our Abigail down three years ago. I would love to have another dog but I can't bear to think of having to go through the pain of losing another one. RIP to Rosco and know that many of us share in your pain Richie. 

• Thanks 1

19richie66

Another reason why this is one of if not the best sites on the web! Thanks guys. 

• Like 2

JPWH

Sorry to hear about your loss Richie. We have a part border collie that's about 17 years old and has arthritis real bad. He used to supervise me in the shop when I was down there but now he only goes with me in warm weather. I know I will miss him.

• Like 2

953 nut

Richie, so sorry for your loss, we lost our loving cat in March and  miss her every day. Glad you have other furbabies to share your love.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

PeacemakerJack

So sorry to hear about your loss.  Pets ad such a special dimension to our lives.  When you’ve had one a long time, it is so hard to see them go.  

0F319EA6-852C-497E-ABCD-9A013882638E.jpeg.0e6e84a42f594d05416b528636466861.jpeg

Our “Nixie” is a 12 year old Siberian ‘rescue’ and she has added so much to our lives (we are bracing ourselves for the day when she must leave us).  We all pass our condolences on to you and your family.  May your other furfellows give you some extra love during this difficult time...

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Digger 66
On 12/31/2017 at 9:40 AM, 19richie66 said:

IMG_5921.PNG

Was the cross above your longtime friend a simple irony or something greater ......

Very sad news .

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

Wow.....I never even noticed that. Those clotheslines have been dug up for years. I just happened to pause the video I have of driving him around the yard there. So cool. Thanks for pointing that out. 

• Like 2

Docwheelhorse

Sorry for the loss,

Cole goes with me everywhere he can. Rescued from Coweta Ga and shipped up to me in CT. Best dog I've ever had... pics ftom my roadtrip to PA this past week. 

Tony

20171229_145725.jpg

20171229_145722.jpg

20171229_105217.jpg

• Excellent 1

Horse Newbie

@Docwheelhorse guys looking like he's senior, with all that white hair. Here's a picture of Angel. She will be 14 this March.

IMG_20170422_104030484.jpg