V drive pulley for 13 hp Predator?

wallfish

Are you still having belt slip issues?

In the video, it looked to be running good

Edited by wallfish

giddyap
13 minutes ago, wallfish said:

Are you still having belt slip issues

R 1 & 2 are satisfactory. I'm thinking third feels like slippage but maybe it is the high gear ratio. I adjusted the brake as you suggested and the belts now stop. I do have the belt hold down pin under the long belt front pulley. Suddenly everything is falling in place and I have you to thank. But I have to admit it was not easy. 

• Like 1

dells68

Am I wrong, or did I see you have this monster up for sale on eBay?  After all

of your hard work, I'd sure hate to see you let it go!

giddyap
1 hour ago, dells68 said:

Am I wrong, or did I see you have this monster up for sale on eBay?  

Geez, Isn't anything private anymore? It wasn't going anywhere with the price I had on it. In 3 days 225 views and 8 watchers made me a proud papa. I pulled the rug from under those 8 watchers because they wouldn't come up with any offers. If you were one of them, I'm sorry....(maybe). Now if any of those watchers are still around and I decide to relist it, they may make an offer before it's gone again.   

• Haha 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Very proud indeed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dells68

Glad you pulled it!  Nope, couldn't begin to afford it, just glad you decided to keep it after all of your hard work.  Enjoy that beast a little then pass it on along for someone else to enjoy.  It's a slick looking little machine:handgestures-thumbupright:.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
7 hours ago, giddyap said:

Isn't anything private anymore?

Not on Fleabay! :ychain:

• Haha 3

giddyap
8 hours ago, giddyap said:

"Geez, yada, yada, yada....." post #79 was my attempt at humor. I don't know why I try because it never fares well. This has been a public service announcement.

• Haha 4

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, giddyap said:

"Geez, yada, yada, yada....." post #79 was my attempt at humor. I don't know why I try because it never fares well. This has been a public service announcement.

For the record,  THIS post cracked me up. 

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

giddyap

ebinmaine, I can imagine how you must have felt when I unleashed my "humor" on you. Thanks for understanding or should I say.....Thank you for tolerating this dofus. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHX??
9 hours ago, giddyap said:

wasn't going anywhere with the price I had on it.

Here's the deal Giddy... yer always supposed to put it for sale here for that ungodly price so then we can wonder if your on crack for asking that price and bust yer stones some more!  :ychain:

9 hours ago, giddyap said:

8 watchers made me a proud papa

They were just wondering if you were on crack for building such a contraption! Truth be told  your Ebay ad might have made my "stupid things you see on CL" thread! :ychain:

• Haha 4

giddyap
4 minutes ago, WHX14 said:

Truth be told  your Ebay ad might have made my "stupid things you see on CL" thread! :ychain:

All Right!!! That's the first time anyone ever thought of putting me on their list. I hope it was good enough to be #1 best ever

• Haha 3

953 nut

I put it on my watch list because I have followed along on the post and wondered if you could find a buyer who had deep pockets and an insatiable desire to own different :wh:.

• Haha 1

wallfish
15 hours ago, giddyap said:

R 1 & 2 are satisfactory. I'm thinking third feels like slippage but maybe it is the high gear ratio

3rd gear is going to cause the most resistance to the belts. Leave the cover off and pull it up to a tree or wall and SLOWLY increase rpm of the engine. Get used to it first, then look at the belts and pulleys while doing it. You should be able to determine what and where it's slipping. PROBABLY A GOOD IDEA TO CHAIN IT DOWN TOO!

I'm guessing the trans pulley. Appears from the pics you are using a smaller belt when the trans pulley is designed for a 5/8 w belt plus it's the pulley with the least amount of contact area with the belt. The front pulley on the jack shaft looks full of belt to the outer edge but the idler pulley looks 1/2 empty of belt. Can't really see the trans pulley where the belt is.

Loosing the belt loop around that idler will allow for more belt contact around the trans pulley.

BTW, didn't see the ad so what was the asking price?

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 2

giddyap

Before I look at the pulleys as wallfish has suggested I decided to start the bodywork. The Rust-oleum gloss marigold is my base color. I like how it makes the Krylon gloss banner red look richer, smoother and creamy. The difference is noticeable between the round dash and the red only belt guard. I believe my First Born is pleasing to the eye is due to the symmetry as the white lines show. But then again "beauty is in the eye of the beholder," or maybe its the beauty, only a parent can love. Anyway, I wonder how I lucked out with those lines. 

DSC02781.JPG

• Like 3

giddyap

It feels like a long time since my last post and If it weren't for the winter weather in April, it may have been much longer. I managed to start the body-work and my yard work and then when it got cold again I threw some paint on my "First Born". It's good enough to satisfy the call for "more pictures", but... WARNING - defects, do not enlarge the pictures. I plan to finish the "finish" aka surface appearance at some later date. With that on the back burner, I plan to tackle the belts, AGAIN. With the suggestions given by wallfish in his last reply, I am confident I can resolve all the driveline gremlins. Now I have a confession. The last picture is my other restored Suburban, but it's far from original. So I am now acquiring parts to make it my next custom project sometime down the road. One question, Whatz ya all think about the smoke gray wheels? 

DSC02955.JPG

DSC02957.JPG

DSC02951.JPG

DSC02956.JPG

DSC02948.JPG

DSC02958.JPG

DSC02944.JPG

DSC02960.JPG

DSC02965.JPG

unnamed (14).jpg

Edited by giddyap
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine

Man. ... if my actual finished finish work looked as good as yours I'd be a few solid steps ahead of my current finished finishes. 

:handgestures-thumbupright: for the gray wheels.

• Haha 2

Achto

Looking great !!! :text-bravo:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dells68

At first I started to veto the gray, but it's growing  on me.  Kind of makes me think of the old Massey tractors.  Good job!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, dells68 said:

....... Kind of makes me think of the old ............. tractors.  Good job!

What I was thinking too. 

Good color to give the "old tractor" look.

• Like 2

oliver2-44

I too like the grey wheels. Maybe go with a gray seat or  a gray stripe on the bottom edge of the hood to tie it together

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

giddyap
10 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

I too like the grey wheels. Maybe go with a gray seat or  a gray stripe on the bottom edge of the hood to tie it together

Great suggestions, I tried the bottom stripe with gray duck tape but opted to do it a little different. In a day when the gray dries, I'll wipe the vaseline off the remaining center ridge to expose the red. The area you suggested will get a WH decal. I may also paint the "grill"  

17 hours ago, dells68 said:

At first I started to veto the gray, but it's growing  on me.  Kind of makes me think of the old Massey tractors.  Good job!

Thanks, 2X. One for the compliment and the other for the terminology  My wife doesn't like the colors, BUT... she didn't exercise her power to reject it.   LOL  

DSC02978.JPG

DSC02980.JPG

DSC02979.JPG

• Excellent 4

giddyap

I just made a huge improvement with the gas pedal. Went to the bike shop and got a handlebar lever that is spring loaded. Works great. But...... I broke the trans. Snapped a gear or the axle - free spinning no brake. Gotta investigate if a 8- speed matches up with the frame..... Oh well

DSC03129.JPG

• Sad 3

giddyap

Snapped the axle on the Commando trans I had used. One hub pulled off by hand the other is still resisting. Last resort, I may cut the axle and work separating the two on the vise. Sure hope the trans I'm taking from my other Suburban gives up its 3 lug hubs and these fit. The two white bars support the Cub (Ross) Steering column to the tool tray. Three weeks to the Big Show should be enough time to finish. 

At the Big Show, Are parts sales open to all brand names, or only Wheel Horse parts?

DSC03140.JPG

Achto
2 hours ago, giddyap said:

At the Big Show, Are parts sales open to all brand names, or only Wheel Horse parts?

It is a :wh: only show. I don't think that they let any other brands in the gate.

2 hours ago, giddyap said:

One hub pulled off by hand the other is still resisting.

What works best is to fashion a hub puller. Some thing that will bolt to the hub that has a bolt through the center to push against the axle.

Edited by Achto