cafoose

Just got two inches in Perry County PA

rmaynard

Yup. It doesn't take long to catch it in this kind of weather. When I first got my B-100 back in 1993, I couldn't wait for snow. The bug has never gone away. Now that I have a 416-H with a 48" blade, it's gotten worse. However, this morning's 3/4" of light, powdery stuff was easily dispatched with my new Stihl BR700 backpack blower.

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

:clap: Neat picts...

maybe he'll join our :rs: group. 

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

About 3" here in Felton and still snowing.  I enjoyed about 45 minutes of seat time on the 312H clearing a couple driveways this afternoon. IMG_0052.JPG.09a9a38f3bbfad231391c11451b160d6.JPG

• Like 6

R. L. Addison

Does he need a headlight bucket for lights?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

We only got an inch and a half here in Middletown, NJ. Couldn't do much with that. Really waiting to put the snowblower and cab into action.

Glenn.           :sad-bored:

• Like 2

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:         No snow here, but I did finish picking up the limbs and twigs that came down from the last snow here.         :ychain:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 1

cafoose
6 hours ago, R. L. Addison said:

Does he need a headlight bucket for lights?

He hasn't mentioned it but maybe some LED lights would be nice. He has no outdoor lighting for his driveway.

3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:         No snow here, but I did finish picking up the limbs and twigs that came down from the last snow here.         :ychain:

I just used a pusher shovel on my short driveway only took about a half hour. I only got around an inch.

• Like 1

cafoose
8 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:clap: Neat picts...

maybe he'll join our :rs: group. 

He's not on the computer much but maybe when he really gets infected with the bug. image.png.dd329986a519681e9661135d6627e14c.png

4 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

We only got an inch and a half here in Middletown, NJ. Couldn't do much with that. Really waiting to put the snowblower and cab into action.

Glenn.           :sad-bored:

Me too! No cab yet :(

20161126_163357.jpg.1fd3d347029a05a86d2e012fbed3c714.jpg

• Like 2

Tankman

'Bout two inches here, Eastern PA. The snow was quickly dispersed with my backpack ECHO.

Horses are ready and the Grandsons wanna "Ride 'em cowboy".

416-414-Plows-www.JPG.3480011e08410321bbb41d8db8733ada.JPGChristian_Plow-www.jpg.9e9c874bf3b48b7fae7d812759205e36.jpg

Edited by Tankman

Big_Red_Fred

Alex the Farmer said the 1054 out performed his 414-8 & D200 in snow with no chains ! Figure that 1 out

• Excellent 1

Sarge

Wheel base versus weight distribution , BRF...the 1054 is a mid-length frame and known for great traction .

Sarge

• Like 2

953 nut
On 12/31/2017 at 11:11 AM, Big_Red_Fred said:

Alex the Farmer said the 1054 out performed his 414-8 & D200 in snow with no chains ! Figure that 1 out

The 1054 is a bit heavier and the narrow ag tires result in more pounds per square inch of tire pressure on the ground.

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred

@Sarge @953 nut My son Called today, said a Neighbor walked down his lane to day & tried to buy his D200 for a 100.00, my son Laughed at him, said go buy 1 then, Put D back in garage, Some people just dont no

2 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

The 1054 is a bit heavier and the narrow ag tires result in more pounds per square inch of tire pressure on the ground.

Ollman & Ericj said use tire chains, he's running Turf tires, buying a set of Ag's from Oldman

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
17 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

the narrow ag tires result in more pounds per square inch of tire pressure on the ground.

My 1930 Dodge with the 4.5 X21" tires on wooden spoke wheels was best  car ever in the snow.  If I did get stuck, I just wound some old cloths line rope thru the spokes and around the tires .

IMG_5289_-_Copy.JPG.80942db3a2b84ea60620b5a235d8ecd7.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sarge
18 hours ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

@Sarge @953 nut My son Called today, said a Neighbor walked down his lane to day & tried to buy his D200 for a 100.00, my son Laughed at him, said go buy 1 then, Put D back in garage, Some people just dont no

Ollman & Ericj said use tire chains, he's running Turf tires, buying a set of Ag's from Oldman

He should have beaten the guy with the D - put some weights and chains on that thing and with the 56" blade he should be able to bulldoze that idiot neighbor's house flat.....

I've had other folks do the same thing - ask if I'd sell one really cheap , I just tell them to go try and find one for that price . Around here , all they want is the deep pan Kohler for their JD and CC equipment - isn't going to happen and they get told so in very few words which I wouldn't repeat here . Only had a few that knew WH and appreciated what they are - most everyone else is pretty clueless until they see the work they can perform . Heavy equipment Operators seem to get it - my brother in law is still amazed at what such a "small" machine can do around the property...lol .

Sarge

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred
On 1/1/2018 at 5:21 PM, Ed Kennell said:

My 1930 Dodge with the 4.5 X21" tires on wooden spoke wheels was best  car ever in the snow.  If I did get stuck, I just wound some old cloths line rope thru the spokes and around the tires .

IMG_5289_-_Copy.JPG.80942db3a2b84ea60620b5a235d8ecd7.JPG

My Father said he had a Flat one day, packed tire with corn stalks & kept rolling

• Like 1