Goldann520

Clevis hitch for the 520h!

Goldann520

Hey guys, kinda gotta brag about this one. Got my sleeve hitch out of Alabama today for $100! Got part # 85518 from you guys,( thank you very much) got lucky and found it on ebay. Took a chance and ponied up the $100 with only a picture of the box. It's dated '93 so sure it's right for my 520h  and wouldn't you know, everything's there! Couldn't have done it without the wonderful members of this forum. Thanks Terry. Just what I need for my brinly plow, disk, tater plow, and backblade!20171229_215512.jpg.77aa1bbaf91c9443f2221113fd9fc864.jpg

Edited by Goldann520
Spelling
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 1

cleat

And  also includes most of the parts for the lift for a tiller.

Great deal.

Cleat

Tankman

Excellent find, lucky you!

Post some pic's when your Horse is ready to turn earth. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ed Kennell

Nice find.    I don't recognize  the two gold colored clothespin shaped parts.   Are they for a tiller mount?

Goldann520

Instructions say they connect tractor lift bar with ball end of cable. Long one for hydro, short for std.

Edited by Goldann520
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
5 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Nice find.    I don't recognize  the two gold colored clothespin shaped parts.   Are they for a tiller mount?

Ed those are the clevis ends for the lift cable at the rockshaft end the long one is for the hydrostatic transaxle as is was/is the exact factory kit I bought for anniversary 520H new, the short one for the manual trans and it has both conduit tubes for the hydro(bent) and manual(straight), @Goldann520, I drill several extra holes in the lift arm for different lifting/running height/depths of attachments, Jeff.

IMAG0392.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Goldann520

Thanks Jeff. After holidays may need that front weight set up! @WVHillbilly520H by the way, only fuzzy part of instructions is how (and where) tube holder mounts, but guess I'll figure out after fender deck is off.

Edited by Goldann520

WVHillbilly520H
2 minutes ago, Goldann520 said:

Thanks Jeff. After holidays may need that front weight set up! 

Just PM me and we'll go from there, the weights are 42# JD pieces, also if you are thinking about a tiller you will need the rear axle hitch bracket for a snow plow ,Jeff.

IMAG3551.jpg

• Like 1

Goldann520

Really? Saw one on cl dowm here (tiller) and had the mounts like this hitch? Think (Not sure, # was 73930?) It was a toro, do remember that. Had mule drive and all but @ $450 had to pass and lost it. @Horse Newbie if you ever wanna sell yours..........only half hour away lol.

Edited by Goldann520

Horse Newbie
4 hours ago, Goldann520 said:

Really? Saw one on cl dowm here (tiller) and had the mounts like this hitch? Think (Not sure, # was 73930?) It was a toro, do remember that. Had mule drive and all but @ $450 had to pass and lost it. @Horse Newbie if you ever wanna sell yours..........only half hour away lol.

Not really interested in selling it right now @Goldann520 but I'll contact you first if I decide to. I'm wanting to add to my accessories right now. Looks like getting the Wheel Horse has lit a fire under your butt...lol.

Horse Newbie
4 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Just PM me and we'll go from there, the weights are 42# JD pieces, also if you are thinking about a tiller you will need the rear axle hitch bracket for a snow plow ,Jeff.

IMAG3551.jpg

But I do have a question about the mounts for attachments @WVHillbilly520H...so I bought the tiller with my tractor, and the previous owner, or dealer ( he probably had dealer install necessary stuff to accommodate the tiller) had the cable tube, lift bar, etc, in place. But what attachments do you use with the "sleeve hitch" like @Goldann520 just bought ?

Tim

Edited by Horse Newbie
add more info.

Goldann520

Ya @Horse Newbie unfortunately I get obsessed with my tractors, cars, saws. I try to finish them my way. I'm very anal., in case you didn't figure that out yet, before starting something else. Sometimes I don't quite make it. 😣 The hitch is for brinly type attachments like I stated earlier in my post.

• Like 1

Horse Newbie

@WVHillbilly520HSo you have to remove the sleeve hitch bracket, ( like @Goldann520 bought), to put on the bracket for say a trailer ball( for lack of correct terminology) ?, or can you leave the trailer ball thing on and the sleeve hitch thing on at the same time ?

WVHillbilly520H
21 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

@WVHillbilly520HSo you have to remove the sleeve hitch bracket, ( like @Goldann520 bought), to put on the bracket for say a trailer ball( for lack of correct terminology) ?, or can you leave the trailer ball thing on and the sleeve hitch thing on at the same time ?

The trailer "pin" hitch can stay on while the sleeve hitch is on, just like my pic above, but the sleeve hitch needs to be removed for the tiller to be mounted, Jeff.

• Like 1