mulerrich

plow wings

mulerrich

Made some new plow wings for the B-8 from an old plastic barrel. These are a little be larger than the ones i made last year and really help hold the snow in from the edge of the blade. The new ones are green.  Fastened with one bolt behind the wear bar and rubber edge. I still have to hook up the led head lites that i installed and the winch that i want to get to lift the blade,

IMG_20171119_152225.jpg

IMG_20171119_152232.jpg

• Like 6

SylvanLakeWH

Great idea!

Tankman
2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Great idea!

:text-yeahthat:

Good thinking and easy enough. Won't rust either. Work well for you? :handgestures-thumbupright:

JoeM

Made this modification 3 years ago...........never had enough snow to try it. Like a snow pusher, I made the sides float.

tried to sell it.....No bites.

5a46d11e17c4c_WHSnowBladeModifcationpic3.jpg.14b5667c6d1f045a5cf124772596cad4.jpg

5a46d1a67decd_WHSnowBladeModifcationpic2.jpg.cb495fe24b0c70f3b8127d2b1c5b80f0.jpg

• Like 4

mulerrich

Yes, they work pretty well.  I can push a lot more snow without losing a lot out the side  Easy to make and mount, but not as elegant a solution as those neat metal ones.

• Like 2

Sarge

I was thinking last night after taking multiple passes to move the snow a good distance out of the parking lot - wings like that which can float would be ideal on the big 56" blade....nice . I'd really love to make up a set with hydraulic wings - but it's fairly cost prohibitive and the D does well with that big blade compared to my other 42" units .

Sarge